18th May 2006 - Player Dictionary

DragnFly

The Player Dictionary has now been released on the Knowledge Base!

If you're sick of being confused when someone says 'omg I owned teh KQ with DDP spec lol', this article is a must. When Bob the Jagex Cat first came to RuneScape he only had to deal with a few smilies and some poor spelling, so he's especially pleased with this addition. Tyvm, brb with more news.

Link in knowledge base: http://kbase.runescape.com/lang/en/aff/ ... cat_id=879

Just found it while browsing the boards, and thought i'd post it here.

Heh, it's pretty cool seeing Jagex acknowledging all the leetspeak and abbrevitations that are used all over RuneScape. :D

Notice they haven't added "Lmao", I wonder why? :roll: :wink:

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

I found it pretty usefull. I look at the Official Forums sometimes and I spend far too much time trying to figure out what the abbreviations mean. :P I disagree with the definition of noob though, it does not mean a new player. :S

How... Moxious.

Barrows Drops: Dharok Plate (5/12/06) Torag Legs (5/12/06) Verac Flail (5/20/06) Guthan Helm (5/29/06) Ahrim Hood (6/9/06) Verac Skirt (6/25/06)

Froob = High Level that doing Noobish

Noob = New Player

So, by that reckong, a Froob is a High Level New player. Account trading, anyone?

like a lvl 89 with 1104 total and green mask picking cabbages at drayour...

drayourcabbages22hl.png

dont think its me!! (cuz its jwrm22!!!!!)

i was mining rune with dwarf stouts... and after a trip my str def and atk is dropped by 20+, thats why im picking drayour cabbages... to restore my defence, you get pked without def you know... and i dont need to restore my atk and str lvl becuz i dont pk (and dont kill the pker) and if my atk and str is soo mutch droped, then i wont even fight the red spiders becuz of not wasting time...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

"Choob Joke word for a high level who acts like a noob"

"Froob High Level Noob"

"Noob New Player"

Strange how all of these are wrong....

chompysigpleaseswork.png

You only have to type four extra keys for me to not think "ur" an idiot.

solardeathray.teensupergenius.com

Does anyone else see this? maybe i'm acting like a noob, but on the N-Z, the guy in rune (t) with the 2h...is he crafting at an alter with the blood symbol on it!??!!? :shock: anyway..its got a lot of wierd terms i've never heard before and incorrect ones lol :lol:

"Froob High Level Noob"

"Noob New Player"

yeah newb is new player while noob is an annoying person (sometimes a new player as well but not always)

they had better fix that. i was in no way noobish as a newb which, by the way is short for newbie or new person) when i started, yeah i did have 2 friends show me the ropes for about 10 minutes. i found varrock really quick then got to like 30 woodcutting outside the champions guild and near the stone circle, newb = yes noob = no i said nothing pretty much.

sorry for the off-topic thing, but maybe i should submit a letter to them about it? or has someonel done so?

tipitlessersigea3.png

"Froob High Level Noob"

"Noob New Player"

yeah newb is new player while noob is an annoying person (sometimes a new player as well but not always)

they had better fix that. i was in no way noobish as a newb which, by the way is short for newbie or new person) when i started, yeah i did have 2 friends show me the ropes for about 10 minutes. i found varrock really quick then got to like 30 woodcutting outside the champions guild and near the stone circle, newb = yes noob = no i said nothing pretty much.

sorry for the off-topic thing, but maybe i should submit a letter to them about it? or has someonel done so?

They aren't wrong, those are the actual definitions. "Noob" actually does mean "New player," players are the ones who try to change the meaning and say it means "annoying person," which it doesn't.

It's also a little-known fact that "Woot," while is used to mean "Woohoo," which is Jagex's definition, actually originated from the phrase, "We Own (the) Other Team," thus making the abbreviation "Woot." :wink:

kXiLk.jpg

Does anyone else see this? maybe i'm acting like a noob, but on the N-Z, the guy in rune (t) with the 2h...is he crafting at an alter with the blood symbol on it!??!!? :shock: anyway..its got a lot of wierd terms i've never heard before and incorrect ones lol :lol:

Or perhaps *gasp* it's the water alter.....

chompysigpleaseswork.png

You only have to type four extra keys for me to not think "ur" an idiot.

solardeathray.teensupergenius.com

J

Jad TzTok-Jad

Jagex Java Gaming Experts

JK Just Kidding

JMod Jagex Moderator

Lol I find it funny since Jagex and JK are next to each other because they truly are just kidding when they make that call. If Jagex were Java Gaming Experts then the game wouldn't look like this, they'll realise that there are better alternatives out there.

Or perhaps *gasp* it's the water alter.....

common sense FTW

anyways i didnt notice it in the announcement boards but somehow earlier i accidently stumbled upon it cool little addition for people who are always wondering what all our 1337 runescape slang means.

J

Jad TzTok-Jad

Jagex Java Gaming Experts

JK Just Kidding

JMod Jagex Moderator

Lol I find it funny since Jagex and JK are next to each other because they truly are just kidding when they make that call. If Jagex were Java Gaming Experts then the game wouldn't look like this, they'll realise that there are better alternatives out there.

better java games uhhhhh no runescape pushes the limit of javas power java wasnt meant for something as gigantic as runescape.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg