We have tiaras, so how about crowns??

whirlyboy

I was just thinking about this.

In runecrafting, jagex have gone a little sexist by making tiaras. I thought tiaras were for females, eg queens/princesses.

So how about we have the crown?? It would look good, be made of gold, have the same properties of tiaras (Being un-enchanted or have properties of talismans) and make the males feel a bit better.

Because lets face it, when the males of runescape have to Runecraft with tiaras on their heads, we all have a little giggle dont we?

P.S Thanks people, this was my 1st topic.

Whirly_Boy.png

kju32.gif-A Magical Flying Elephant

hbga3.gif-Blue bird who enjoys Chompy hunting (The head feathers)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes good idea, i have thought about this before

[omg] who cares if its nerfed or fixed....

you people will argue over the color of a green apple if it was a topic on this fourm god.

I love it; it's a simple, useful, easy to implement and adds more Gold items to Crafting! The only potential problem I see is scammers trying to use the crown as a "new, rare" p-hat, but that could be easily worked around.

Great idea. I'd love to have manly Crown collection rather than a girly Tiara collection, especially since Examining Tiaras "Makes me feel like a princess." No, sorry, I'm a hetero male...I definitely do not feel like a princess, thank you very much.

--Darg--

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

Queens wear crowns too :roll:

THat would be pretty cool but we already got the yellow phat.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I love it; it's a simple, useful, easy to implement and adds more Gold items to Crafting! The only potential problem I see is scammers trying to use the crown as a "new, rare" p-hat, but that could be easily worked around.

Great idea. I'd love to have manly Crown collection rather than a girly Tiara collection, especially since Examining Tiaras "Makes me feel like a princess." No, sorry, I'm a hetero male...I definitely do not feel like a princess, thank you very much.

--Darg--

This is what im talking about. A straight man walking round ''like a princess''. it would take the same amount of crafting levels to make and not look like a party hat.

Ammarid, i wasnt thinking in the ways of -boys are better- i was thinking in the way of -i hope nobody sees me in this girly tiara-.

Whirly_Boy.png

Ooooh crowns excellent, cause I've got like 1K of gols bars, I'd make a fortune.

Here's some other idea I have for in the late late future:

Banners, be able to make a banner (wooden stick with flag) and create your own flag, but the problem of course is that all might get banners and you'll have chaos withing short time. Would be darn sweet though, that and horses.

-Give us f2p another quest!-

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

ok idea, but it would have to look much different then phats. How about a rectangle top instead of triangles? Actually u can make this a whole addition to crafting. Get a crown mould, with gold bar, you can make gold crown. Then add sapphire, emeralds, rubies and diamonds to it. You can figure out some levels there m8 :wink:

wouldnt tha crowns look like phats tho?..

and new players would get all excited bout it and sell them fer like 1M er sometin..it jus annoys me lol

if this does work out, it HAS to look different than a yelow phat and itll be kool to make as a new craftin thing :lol:

\:D/ Ray::P2P::::Roaming Around::::Phat me pl0x?::::Beamster:: \:D/

reduccionoy9.jpg

wouldnt tha crowns look like phats tho?..

and new players would get all excited bout it and sell them fer like 1M er sometin..it jus annoys me lol

if this does work out, it HAS to look different than a yelow phat and itll be kool to make as a new craftin thing :lol:

Make a crown out of silver. That avoids confustion with yellow phats (white phats and silver look different), and allow the crowns to match the color changes of tiaras after they are enchanted.

now we can look like real princes, in our froggy price top and bottems, and then we can look straight and still have our dignity while RCing!!!

no more crossdressers........well,less...

knucklesrunsmallani9si.giftailsrunsmallani1rp.gifsonicrunsmallani5bw.gif

Jagex... preserve our masculinity!!!!

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

ok idea, but it would have to look much different then phats. How about a rectangle top instead of triangles? Actually u can make this a whole addition to crafting. Get a crown mould, with gold bar, you can make gold crown. Then add sapphire, emeralds, rubies and diamonds to it. You can figure out some levels there m8 :wink:

This is exactly what i was getting at.

now we can look like real princes, in our froggy price top and bottems, and then we can look straight and still have our dignity while RCing!!!

I didnt think about that, that would make a good addition to the outfit!

You could make it go 3 ways:

1) Keep it a normal dull crown

2) Have it ''encrusted" with jewels and/or other things (tiny bits or ore??)

3) Have it enchanted with the talismans. So for every 'rectangle' or 'triangle' on the crown, there would be a talisman enchanted into it, saving that bank space on all those tiaras!

Whirly_Boy.png

Come to think of it, corwns would have to be plain silver to keep the girls from yelling about sexism against them.

2) Have it ''encrusted" with jewels and/or other things (tiny bits or ore??)

3) Have it enchanted with the talismans. So for every 'rectangle' or 'triangle' on the crown, there would be a talisman enchanted into it, saving that bank space on all those tiaras!

Neither is too good of an idea; 2 would serve no purpose except to either waste gems that could be better used as rings or ammys or would make the process too complicated, as the gems would certainly have an impact on the enchantment of the crown.

3 is just silly; that would completely unbalance the RCing scene, especially for Abyss users. Crowns should be a complementary alternative to tiaras, not a complete replacement of them. Think of plate skirts and plate legs; there's no difference between the two except one is geared towards men and the other towards women. Tiaras and crowns should be the same.

--Darg--

cube347.jpg

The whole point of what? Be specific; it might take more than one sentence, but I'm sure you can do it. I swear, it's so irritating when people make one sentence non-replies like that.

cube347.jpg