Bikes or Carriages

I just thought it would be a great idea to have either bikes or carriages as a was of transpotation. It would go faster and would be easier to get to places far from transportation. Bikes arent really runescape time, but a Carriage might work. Any other ideas?:D

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

How would it work? Are they stations in different cities or you buy them? Explain.

I'm actully against it, since traveling is OK is RuneScape.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I just thought it would be a great idea to have either bikes or carriages as a was of transpotation

Get out of town! I've never heard of this. Tell me more!**********

*********** means that I'm oozing with sarcasm :roll:

paymentscm7.png

I just thought it would be a great idea to have either bikes or carriages as a was of transpotation

Get out of town! I've never heard of this. Tell me more!**********

*********** means that I'm oozing with sarcasm :roll:

lol...yea i agree :roll: but seriously, u need more detail...carriges i disagree with cause its horses pretty much, and horses aint' gonna happen. How would u explain them going up stairs anyway. Just another thing where i have to say, jagex made tons of ways to get u to move faster. E.g. running, teleporting, magic carpets, wildy tele portals, tele levers, etc.

yeha they got lots of tele things fer members..

but yeha i still dun really like this idea..bikes NO WAY cuz theyre not even in tha time frame

and like Dalcyte said, carriages r jus like horses..and horses aint gonna happen neither

\:D/ Ray::P2P::::Roaming Around::::Phat me pl0x?::::Beamster:: \:D/

reduccionoy9.jpg

With the gnome pilots, spirit trees, magic carpets and teleport spells I doubt this would happen. And it's also like hte horse idea, which has been often rejected.

But if you had it be some kind of set course and not often used, it would be more for fun and less for laziness. Maybe from Ardougne to Varrock, or something long-ranged like that.

Back in RSC, after RS2 was made and autoers took over, we had an autoer called the Icarian Taxi. That was actually his name, and he had a set auto course that ran through F2P RSC. It was an autoer, yes, but he would go around saying "all aboard", "next stop falador", and would tell jokes on the way. People just followed him for fun, not to get out of clicking.

Something like that would be cool, and I'm sure Jagex could add their typical flair (term used loosely) to it.

Well, members do pay for a reason, dont they?

Don't, DON'T, DON'T, DON'T turn this into yet another p2p vs. f2p flamewar! There are enough of those here and in the Rants section.

As for the original suggestions, while they'd be interesting, I don't see them happening for the same reasons stated above; bikes aren't period and carriages are too similar to horses, which aren't gonna happen, no matter how much we beg.

An expansion to the steam car thing in the Dwarf Mine would work for what you have in mind, though. Paying a fee of various amounts to get from town to town on a train would be an alternative to the expensive method of teleing. Of course, the drawback to a train-like transportation would be you'd have to actually be in a town with a "station" to use it, as opposed to the ease of teleing from wherever, and the fee would vary depending on your location and destination (i.e. going from Al Kharid to Varrock would be cheaper than, say, Edgeville to Ardougne.) There could also be a quest requirement before using a train and possibly level requirements, though what either would be I'm not sure of.

The current transportation options are probably sufficient, but it's always fun to have options. Think of the major cities you live in or near; wouldn't it be boring if the only forms of transportation were buses and cars? Or subways and cabs? Most cities have a variety of transportation options that usually include subways, trains, cablecars, buses, cabs, walking/bikes and personal vehicles, not to mention the special tourist transportation like San Fransisco's famous trolley or the Orient Express in Asia. In other words, more options are always better, as one option may be just fine for one situation and totally wrong for another.

--Darg--

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

I just thought it would be a great idea to have either bikes or carriages as a was of transpotation. It would go faster and would be easier to get to places far from transportation. Bikes arent really runescape time, but a Carriage might work. Any other ideas?:D

It would create a major lag.

Also, details please? :wink:

shannonta5.gif

Miami Heat 4ever fan.

Yes, i'm a girl! I like to watch NBA, so? =]]

Thanks star_in_the_sky for the AMAZING sig and eckered for the great avvy!!