Fast track Barrows-would this work?

Is it possible to like go in and outta Barrow fields till u get easy guy like torag in tunnels then only kill him and some crypt rats or somink it's only a sixth of a chance of getting a drop bujt u only need to worry about 1!!!!!

Would it work?

P.S. Guthix is my lord

And 200 mogres later, I got some flippers.

akor+shardax.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he means go in, if the pinky pops up run out, find your tunnel guy, kill him and get a kill count of about 10 killing rats, then open the chest for a quick chance of equipment

my answer: yes but i htink it would be pointless as it would be very rare you got the brother you wanted which would ruin your quick chest opening, it would also take the fun out of barrowing

Candymann16.png

He was asking if you could reset the barrows by leaving the field and coming back until you get an easy brother as your tunnel mound. Then just kill that brother and some trash mobs for kill count and open the chest.

Really?

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

No,Jagex said you must kill ALL the brothers to get an item,but you would get runes and other things like that..

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

No,Jagex said you must kill ALL the brothers to get an item,but you would get runes and other things like that..

Nope... each brother raises your chances :? Anyways... if you dont kill them in the mound they appear in the tunnels and you would get owned.. it's not worth the time just go ahead and do it legit or give up.. Also to reset them you have to open the chest and not just walk in and out of the field. :oops:

Birdd-1.png

[spoiler=Levels]Birdd.png

no...it just increases it not definite. What your asking to do is impossible, you can't just keep reseting it until you get a brother of choice, u will also get all brothers u don't kill in tunnels and one at chest.

Nope... each brother raises your chances :? Anyways... if you dont kill them in the mound they appear in the tunnels and you would get owned.. it's not worth the time just go ahead and do it legit or give up.. Also to reset them you have to open the chest and not just walk in and out of the field. :oops:

What about logging out?

each brother raises ur chance, but its proportional.

you kill 1 brother, you have about a 1 in 100,000 chance,

you kill 2 brothers, you have about a 1 in 50,000 chance,

you kill 3 brothers, you have about a 1 in 10,000 chance,

you kill 4 brothers, you haveabout a 1 in 1,000 chance,

you kill 5 brothers, you have about a 1 in 200 chance,

you kill 6 brothers you have about a 1 in 50 chance.

w4M8t.png

Don't try to come up with a new system...

There are plenty of people that have put plenty of hours and experimenting to come up with systems and how to's.

Killing 1 brother per trip would increade your runs by 6 times. And with the chance of a brother coming up on each door you open in the tunnel. This would be a bad idea for someone that isn't very experienced.

Don't try to recreate the wheel.. it's not broke. Refer to the Link below for a beginer guide to barrows. If you can't follow this, then you might want to stick to firegiants.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=418468

good luck

Come on, bro... you don't know this. You work for Jagex?

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

90% of "statistics" that I hear about the Barrows are total bulls**t, and I'm betting this is too. Give me a 10000 trip study of that and I may believe you, but all your handing out are random numbers.

In fact I'll prove you wrong right on the spot. If I were to kill all 6 brothers with your so called "statistic", the average rate of getting items from the chest would be about 1:9. In a study on the RSB with thousands of trips worth of data collected, the average was found to be approx. 1:20.

Have a nice day 8-) .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

ive heard from tons of ppl say you kill onyl torag can only get a torag drop kill torag and verac can get a verac or/and torag drop from what i heard mainly you can only get a drop from what you kill
Then you are talking to the wrong people.

The drops you get are random.. Noone has figured how you get what drop you want... Although people have spent endless hours and prob drove themselves close to insane tryin to figure this out ((Me being 1))

Each brother you kill increases the odds you will get a RARE item.

Your kill count increases your Runes and semi rare items ((Half keys and DMEDS))

Also if you open the chest when the brother face flashes, then bury 3 bones and then search when the next face flashes you increase your odds by 0. But this will keep you occupied while you get mind and chaos runes

:twisted:

goodluck

hehe, wow, just posted that and already got tons of input on it.

what i meant by those numbers is how it seems preportional. I actually did a lil expiriment and every time i just killed 1 brother, lots of times, i just got coins..try it urself.

now that doesnt explain my "Proportion theory", but i beleive that ur better off killing 6 in 15 minutes then killing 1 every 2 minutes.

w4M8t.png

Yeah yeah yeah.... Just remember, if you post that kinda stuff with silly numbers like that I'll always be there to whack you with my rubber chicken.

No mercy bro! Don't spew that kinda stuff. ;)

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

Yeah yeah yeah.... Just remember, if you post that kinda stuff with silly numbers like that I'll always be there to whack you with my rubber chicken.

No mercy bro! Don't spew that kinda stuff. ;)

What he said :P .

It is impossible for anyone to be certain of anything at the Barrows based on their own data, because the sample size is too small (too greatly affected by luck). But if, say 100 people all recorded their drops for 50-100 trips or so, then you've got a study and can prove something with over 99% accuracy. I doubt we'll ever be able to create a # of brothers killed study though, as it would be a huge waste of time for most people, including me :? .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

well if anyone will get item killing less than 6 brothers i will believe that we don't have to kill all of them to receive item, untill then i'm sticking with opinion that you can only get item if you kill all 6 brothers.

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

Oh no no, you dont' HAVE to kill all six to get an item, it just increases your chances.

You can go kill Torag, get 1 kill count, and still have an outside chance of getting a spear. Its happened. I've seen it firsthand.

Took a friend down there for the first time, a very scardy cat, had her kill 1 Torag, and open the chest just as a training run. Dang lucky cat got a great axe.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

i thought it ended up at 1:16 chance but the rest seems kida right

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif