is the whip worth the money?

soupnatizzle

It's like twice as strong and accurate as a rune scimmy, it's really awesome :o

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

My opinion is the whip is definatly worth it. I had a dragon scimmy and when i compared it to the whip i love the whip. I bought my whip back when they where 7+mil and thought it was well worth it. I hit the same as if not more often than a dragon scimmy and with a lot more damage. Since the whip has the same attack speed as scimmys and hits harder it has worked out wonderfully for me.

Whips are good no doubt but d scimmy is almost as good. I sold my whip yesterday after getting 80 attk and def since my str was only 70. Whips can be a little over-rated

mathisfun.png

I would say it is definitely worth it. I bought mine when it was 6 mil but accidentally hi-alched it a little later and bought another one when they were 4mil.

I can definitely see the difference between the d scimmy. I use the whip to train my att and def and the d scimmy for str. I now only train combat on abyssal demons and I gain xp faster with the whip. I've been doing this for almost a year and I can definitely see the whip does a more damage and hits more often then the d scimmy.

In my opinion, most of the people that say the whip is overrated or dont like it probably can't afford it..

aglipoy.png

To speculate, is there a reason you think there will be another substantial drop in price?

As it is dropped by Abyssal Demons, I understand that the value declines with increasing supply. At the same time, the price has been relatively steady for a good while now.

stormveritas.png

To speculate, is there a reason you think there will be another substantial drop in price?

As it is dropped by Abyssal Demons, I understand that the value declines with increasing supply. At the same time, the price has been relatively steady for a good while now.

Indeed, it's coming down but so slowly that i'm pretty sure it will stabilize to somewhere around 2.5M but it will take loads of time.

It's definatelly worth it man. especially if you compare it to rune scim. :wink:

[And as i realize that this might turn to a flame war there was a possibility to train str with whip, at least with the old game engine. We never really figured it out how it worked but i managed to keep on fighting so that the weapon screen showed d-long but stats were from a whip. this was all accidental and did not happen ever since so i wouldn't know how it worked. still, thanks to a bug it was possible. and yes, the exp came to str wholly, not like controlled.]

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

when i became member at attack lvl 55, my first target was to get 60 for dragon and then 70 for my whip. i worked hard and it was really hard to craft 10k nats... but after all i can say it is worth the money, not only because its such a good weapon but also as a status symbol! sounds stupid, but it is ! :o

Barrows Items: 5 Guthan Spears, 1 Karil Coif, 2 Torag pl8, 2 ahrims bottom, 3 torags helm, 1 ahrim staff, 3 veracs helm, 2 guthan helm, 6 v brassy etc..

Dragon Drops: 4 Dmeds

When i became members, I was really lucky that I have decided to have enough money and stats for a whip, simply because i know its power and speed allowed me to not have to do monkey madness for some time. Before, my Strength was at least 3 levels higher than attack or defence, and training in Free was painful. When i got my whip, i when up a few levels in defence and attack in a matter of hours (rather than days). All i can say is this: when i got my d scimmy eventually, i found strength to be painful to train because it cant compare to whip for power.

In all, i say it is worth the money. My whip went through many quests with me as well as a few combat levels

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

its really a personal descision. YOu can pay the 3 mil ish for a whip or you can settle for 100k for a dragon scimmy that is a little less accurate and hits a little less. At the current price i say no

its really a personal descision. YOu can pay the 3 mil ish for a whip or you can settle for 100k for a dragon scimmy that is a little less accurate and hits a little less. At the current price i say no

its a lot more than a little. Accuracy is close (whip is still more accurate) but damage wise the dragon scimmy dosn't do nearly as much as the whip does. Plus the whip attacks just as fast as a scimmy.

For me, I think a dragon scim would be good, although Ihave whip now. The price for the whip is not as worthwile as the price for the scim. You spend a less money, and get less xp, but you spend tons of money for slightly more xp... I don't know if i worded it right.

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats

I would say it is definitely worth it. I bought mine when it was 6 mil but accidentally hi-alched it a little later and bought another one when they were 4mil.

I can definitely see the difference between the d scimmy. I use the whip to train my att and def and the d scimmy for str. I now only train combat on abyssal demons and I gain xp faster with the whip. I've been doing this for almost a year and I can definitely see the whip does a more damage and hits more often then the d scimmy.

In my opinion, most of the people that say the whip is overrated or dont like it probably can't afford it..

Errm.....Cant afford it? Look at the pics in my slayer goal pl0x? I do have a whip and I do not like it because no STR training comes out of it. I agree that it looks better :oops: but a d scimmy is a better buy in that its 2.85M cheaper... *Currently working on str 73 str ftw!*

mathisfun.png

Errm.....Cant afford it? Look at the pics in my slayer goal pl0x? I do have a whip and I do not like it because no STR training comes out of it. I agree that it looks better :oops: but a d scimmy is a better buy in that its 2.85M cheaper... *Currently working on str 73 str ftw!*

It all boils down to not wanting to pay the price or just being cheap.

I don't mind paying the extra 2.85M to be able to train 2 out of the 3 combat stats a lot more efficiently in less time.

The whip also works a lot better when u go pking or playing cw.

btw, I'm 400k xp away from lvl 99 att and currently at lvl 96 str.

aglipoy.png

It all boils down to not wanting to pay the price or just being cheap.

I don't mind paying the extra 2.85M to be able to train 2 out of the 3 combat stats a lot more efficiently in less time.

The whip also works a lot better when u go pking or playing cw.

btw, I'm 400k xp away from lvl 99 att and currently at lvl 96 str.

That maybe true (Actually, I AGREE that its true *Whip's in bank :P *) but scimmy is better is a sense that its well rounded in all areas and are probably better to use if you do not have 5M+ because you dont NEED a whip to train. Get full torag with obby shield and d scimmy instead. WHIPS DO OWN FTW! BTW, support my 85 slayer goal :D

mathisfun.png