Putting those Body Runes to use.

Face it, body runes are the least used runes. The most people use it for is cursefailing to train magic. People in f2p craft fires instead of bodies for exp. Body runes are just...worthless. Ice Giants drop body runes in 37's. I can't bear to leave it on the ground, even though it's barely any use to me.

We ought to change that.

Add the "psychic" option to every autocast spell... it'd be an on/off option. When toggled, it would use 1 body rune for strikes/mind, 2 for bolts/chaos, 3 for blasts/death, and 5 for waves/blood (note the Fib. sequence, hehh). Enhancing a missile spell with psychic adds a bonus damage of up to the number of body runes used, so fire strike could do up to 8+1=9, fire bolt can do up to 12+2=14, etc.

It wouldn't affect it too much, but at least it can make the body runes worth something. I don't want to craft 8k more waters to burn off the 5k+ body runes I have in my bank.

Those who like the idea... post it in the official forums for me. (Resists urge to rant about how smart f2pers can't post in official forums yet there are plenty of dumb people who can because they got the money.)

As a side note, they should also re-vamp the autocast menu so Crumble Undead shows up. -_-

I am a tree.

i totally agree with u dude this wud mke bodys more worthly and i ll be happy cause i got 15k bodys (13k crafted the others giants) that i could use and win some exp

ignafel.png

ignafel.png

ignafel.png

Proud owner of these capes + quest cape

99 cooking achieved 26/06/06

99 fletch achieved 22/07/08

99 firemaking achieved 22/07/08

99 magic achieved 25/12/08

99 crafting achieved 25/12/08

99 attack achieved 25/12/08

99 strenght achieved 01/03/09

99 hitpoints achieved 23/10/09

99 ranged achieved 23/11/09

Good idea, but adding +5 to a fire wave is a bit much, since they already do 20 on their own. Maybe make it give a CHANCE to do some amount of bonus damage. It'd still use the body runes, but the bonus damage can fail like a normal spell could.But don't add 5 dmg to fire waves O.o

Or make them add a "curse" effect- Per body rune used a 5% decrease of the enemy's attack/defence/strength?

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Guest AshKaYu

That would be much, much too powerful. Just think in the wilderness:

You entangle, then tele block, then use vulnerability, then hit them with 3-5 fire waves that can hit 25.

Good idea, but adding +5 to a fire wave is a bit much, since they already do 20 on their own. Maybe make it give a CHANCE to do some amount of bonus damage. It'd still use the body runes, but the bonus damage can fail like a normal spell could.But don't add 5 dmg to fire waves O.o

Add the "psychic" option to every autocast spell... it'd be an on/off option. When toggled, it would use 1 body rune for strikes/mind, 2 for bolts/chaos, 3 for blasts/death, and 5 for waves/blood (note the Fib. sequence, hehh). Enhancing a missile spell with psychic adds a bonus damage of up to the number of body runes used, so fire strike could do up to 8+1=9, fire bolt can do up to 12+2=14, etc.

"Up to" = +0 to +5. Firewave would hit 20~25

would that mean you could never hit 0's with the bonus and all? Or would it mean that you only get the bonus if you hit a minumum of 1?

Okay, you guys aren't really reading carefully. As I stated, the bonus can be anywhere from 0 to 5 for fire wave, and it's not applied if the magic fails (splash).

I am a tree.

Hmm... Add a new magic skill called "Magic Amplification". When activated, you use some body runes along with the attack spell and your attack would be amplified by... I don't know, 20%?

Good idea.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

10% is a bit too less, really. That is like 0 - 3 damage only.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

the magic amplification sounds good, and it would be sort of better if instead of just useing a set number of body runes, it uses 1 rune for every 2-4 seconds it is activated

Or it couold just have an effect of lowering the amount of runes needed for all the spells for around 30 seconds to a minute

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

What are you talking about fire waves becoming too powerfull..

Theres about 15 spells that hit harder then fire wave, the lvl 72 ancient spells hit more then fire wave + have added abilities.

As it is no one actually uses firewaves.

I don't know... with Magic Amplification at 20% it will still only give Mages a maximum attack of 36, which is still considerably lower than that a warrior can hit.

~Toxicologist~

I don't know... with Magic Amplification at 20% it will still only give Mages a maximum attack of 36, which is still considerably lower than that a warrior can hit.

Mages have more attack range than warriors though.

I am a tree.

would that mean you could never hit 0's with the bonus and all? Or would it mean that you only get the bonus if you hit a minumum of 1?

It will ONLY increase maximum damage, just like Chaos Gauntlets does. Hmm, it means you could do like 17 damage with FIRE BOLT?! And erm... 32 with Charge(And with cape) God spell/Ice barrage - 32?

Dude, that makes mages even more over powered!!! I LOVE IT XD :twisted:

Profins.png

specty.png

It will ONLY increase maximum damage, just like Chaos Gauntlets does. Hmm, it means you could do like 17 damage with FIRE BOLT?! And erm... 32 with Charge(And with cape) God spell/Ice barrage - 32?

I'm not trying to sound offensive nor condescending, but did you even read my original post and the subsequent changes in the posts after?

I am a tree.

About the qoute in your sig, you do know AS means Arenascape right so what he is saying is quite possible.

While i totally support the idea of making bodies more useful, I don't exactly think (since they're so common) that they should be able to add damage... I mean when you think about it, I myself have have GATHERED 7+ thousand bodies just fighting things... So for me, I could become the ultimate pker or something.

Great Idea, needs a few adjustments though

So... If Pro is the opposite of Con, does that mean that Congress is the opposite of Progress? ...?

Maybe in stead of having them add more damage they could make the magic attack more accurate...or maybe we are just going in the total wrong direction with this and the body runes should be used for something else...

You have the right, and people have the right to hate you for it.

Thus, the circle of life is complete.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.