Least Used Skill

Freakyhair

Tongiht, while playing Runescape, I was wondering, what skill is least used by players? Well I didn't, but that's what this investigation is about. I don't know if it's been done before, to be honest I don't care. But I wanted to know which skill was most uncommon and therefore, in my eyes, most unique.

Well to test this out I decided to find out which skill was the least used and least common skill to have 99 in.

I will find out what level you will need to be ranked 10 000th in that skill, this will show how high the top 10 000th players are in that skill. This gives an indication of the number of use of the skill.

I will also found out how many level 99 players in skill that there are today.

Skill____Level In Highscores at Rank 10 0000_____Ammount of Players With 99

Attack____________________ 92____________________ 4251

Strength____________________ 93____________________ 4462

Defence____________________ 90____________________ 2911

Hitpoints____________________ 93____________________ 3925

Magic____________________ 89**__________________ 962 **

Ranged____________________ 93** __________________ 1712 **

Prayer____________________ 69____________________ 100

Cooking____________________ 88____________________ 2697

Woodcut____________________ 89____________________ 1113

Fletching____________________ 92____________________ 3191

Fishing____________________ 85____________________ 396

Firemaking____________________ 75____________________ 325

Crafting ____________________ 73 ____________________ 72

Smithing____________________ 75____________________ 246

Mining____________________ 84 ____________________ 176

Herlore___________________ 68*____________________ 41 *

Agility____________________ 70*____________________52*

Thieving____________________ 73 ____________________ 206

Slayer____________________ 75***__________________51 ***

Farming____________________ 62 ****___________________ 33****

Runecraft____________________ 67 *****________________46*****

* These both have a low number of people, as these were both not introduced with rs2 i predict that these numbers will slow down to be the two lowest ammount of people with 99.

** These skills have a reasonabally high ammount of players hgih in the skills. However, it appears that these two skills are not often maxed when in comparrison with the ammount of people above the levels at 10 000.

*** I predict that slayer will be used alot more frequently than farming or runescrafting, this is already starting to be shown in the figures.

**** This skill doesn't have seemed to taken off so well.

***** Runescrafting appears to be a relatively uncommon level, it is sometimes still seen as a new skill, but that will soo be over.

I have found out that the current most unique 99 skill is farming, which is probaly the msot obvioous result ever =\.

Yeah, well what do ya think?

Anything to add?

Well one thing is that alot of players are f2p. They do not have acess to those many member skills. That is why there are less in those skills. The reason why with range and mage being so low is that you can train melee almost anywhere so it is alot easier to get that higher compared to those two. Also there are f2p'ers that factor that too. Too many factors to find out the least used skill with ranking. Just take a random poll for better results.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I would say..Farming is the least used? Not many people like it so they don't do it, more people are starting it like it though,they'll find something bad to say about Construction\capentry too, just the way it works

They complained about slayer and look at it now :o

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

The use of a skill isn't related to how many people have 99 in it. A skill like firemaking is relativlely easy to buy yourself 99 in, but that doesn't mean it's actually used much. Runecrafting is used a lot more than it seems even if a lot of people don't have level 99 rc.

The use of a skill isn't related to how many people have 99 in it. A skill like firemaking is relativlely easy to buy yourself 99 in, but that doesn't mean it's actually used much. Runecrafting is used a lot more than it seems even if a lot of people don't have level 99 rc.

What he said, Fletchig is a lot easier to get up then farming or rcing, that's why I have 77 fletch and 51 runecrafting, because I can power fletch sitting at a bank the whole day instead of having to run all ofer to make runes :P

Edit: 52 rcing oddfaery9ai.gif

firemaking, servers no usefulness at all!!

i used to think this way to, until i saw world 2, shades of morton. i cut like 600 yew logs in a day, went back burned all the logs came out with about 2.7mil.

not bad for 1 days worth of cutting yews

Runecraft isnt the least used, it is just hard to gain levels in..it is widely used around levels 44-60.

But the least used skill in my opinion is probably thieving, because people dont know its full potentiol, i would say the same for farming.

sig1zs0.jpg

De_Pk - Level 117 - Banned September 30th '06.

it's not so much not used as hard to get up, for example someone could get up 3 different skills to 99 if they were easy before one person could get 99 in a very very very very hard skill...

-= weasel =- rsname: moosewalker ~ top 10000 player :D

newscape300x50qz7.giffull qp - always willing to chat add me...

RC takes long to lvl up, especcialy if u mine ess urself

Use Tinderbox -> RuneHQ / 32 more options