Construction: what's it costing you?

Striker6

Lets see:

Rooms (up to Portals): 374k

Oak Planks: ~200k

Other supplies*: ~400k

Plants: ~100k

*Includes runes, limestone bricks, cloth, other planks, etc

Note: The main reason for the large cost of other supplies is the 1000 Laws for Portals.

Wth? Where'd my money go?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm hitting my first big cost in POH's building two Portal Rooms , both at full capacity. Thats going to cost me 600k :? (100k per room, 1000 laws, 100 bloods, elemental runes, + other supplies).

Currently lvl 51, spent in excess of 3m

Most of the money has been spent on converting planks from miscalania, i get roughly 200 teak and 200 mahog a day, I ploughed over 1m into that island :)

alot of money spent on runes also, now I have the demon butler everything is speedy :)

Quit Runescape 10 jan 2007 - Playing again 2012

Ronnyuk.png

4842295.png

Ok guys in interested to see how much money you are all forking out for this new skill.

I've currently spent out about 1.5 mil on materials and i'm lvl 45 construction (still got nails and other materials left)

But what about you? whats your level and how much have you paid? Unless of course your one of those self sufficient people that get all the materials yourself?

I'm level 50 construction and I've spent about 2 Mil on everything.

Most things I bought, some things I did my self, like chop a few logs here and there.

But now, I have 0 GP left, so I've got to sell my Ahrims in order for me to continue with Construction :lol:

- D3nic

500gp

I mined clay at Yanille, then noted it an telled to my house. Sold then rebought clay from general store at 1gp apiece. Wetted the clay at the well, made fireplaces. Rise then repeat.

Isn't it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists?

Ok guys in interested to see how much money you are all forking out for this new skill.

I've currently spent out about 1.5 mil on materials and i'm lvl 45 construction (still got nails and other materials left)

But what about you? whats your level and how much have you paid? Unless of course your one of those self sufficient people that get all the materials yourself?

I'm level 50 construction and I've spent about 2 Mil on everything.

Most things I bought, some things I did my self, like chop a few logs here and there.

But now, I have 0 GP left, so I've got to sell my Ahrims in order for me to continue with Construction :lol:

- D3nic

Lol, I had 1.5mil before I started my house. Somehow I ran out of cash, partially because I bought 1k deaths, and now I'm penny pinching with bank sales and waiting for Lucifier to get on so we can sell our Warrior Ring drop :x . I've literally have 15k in the bank, but I don't want to sell all my Barrows armor cheap or any of my other valuable stuff for that matter. Well I have the supplies for a Dag King trip or two, so hopefully Rex will be nice and give me a few Zerker's :wink: .

Oh, and by the way, I did an analysis of the high scores for construction as follows:

I entered each 1000 ranks into a spreadsheet with their corresponding exp total. I calculated from that roughly how many exp points had been earned per rank, and by totalling that, how many exp points had been earned total. I divided that by 60 (proposing that the average builder was using oak planks) and multiplied that by 250 (for each plank being cut). That yielded a rough cost of 20B.

Of course, that doesn't take into account the costs of rooms being added. If the average player has added 5 rooms, the room costs alone would add 2B (at 5k a room, more for higher lvl rooms). If the average player has spent 50,000 in additional fees and supplies (including the initial 10k price, cloth, plants, heraldic designs, pictures etc), that's an additional 4B.

A reasonable estimate then would be 26B spent, probably more since not all players who have bought houses and cut planks have shown up on the high score list yet. I personally have spent 300k on Construction so far and I'm only lvl 19 - with 1.2k oak planks in the bank.

Oh, and by the way, I did an analysis of the high scores for construction as follows:

I entered each 1000 ranks into a spreadsheet with their corresponding exp total. I calculated from that roughly how many exp points had been earned per rank, and by totalling that, how many exp points had been earned total. I divided that by 60 (proposing that the average builder was using oak planks) and multiplied that by 250 (for each plank being cut). That yielded a rough cost of 20B.

Of course, that doesn't take into account the costs of rooms being added. If the average player has added 5 rooms, the room costs alone would add 2B (at 5k a room, more for higher lvl rooms). If the average player has spent 50,000 in additional fees and supplies (including the initial 10k price, cloth, plants, heraldic designs, pictures etc), that's an additional 4B.

A reasonable estimate then would be 26B spent, probably more since not all players who have bought houses and cut planks have shown up on the high score list yet. I personally have spent 300k on Construction so far and I'm only lvl 19 - with 1.2k oak planks in the bank.

Few that's a rough estimate but hell the size of the figure did not suprise me :lol:

i've wasted a whole mille to get to lvl 40 (the only good thing is that i have a hot maid and a boxing ring)

I was once at the airport with my friends in California, had to go "potty" really bad, and just pissed my pants in the middle of the terminal. (All the cool kids piss in their pants, right?)

loledit.jpg

barrows loot: lost count

daga king loot: lost count :p

Current level = 55

Spent a little less than 1 million so far. I have been cutting my own oak logs and didn't hire the Cook until i was around level 45. I also only purchased 2 bedrooms, a work shop, chapel, and teleport room to go along with the parlour.

I probably wont be working on this much more until they finally give us the ability to cut our own planks. I just wanted lvl 55 for the cheaper Barrows repairs.

500-600k so far I think, and I'm LVL 41 :?

Built all the available rooms. I trained on Teak for a short while (back to Oak Larders now I guess :lol: ) Construction is way too expensive.

1111lolxu1.jpg

im kinda disturbed cos u guys are abit too protective of losing the odd mil to a skill. it goes to a good cuase doesnt it...PS im not making money from sellling planks or owt...im just saying

think of all the barrows money u save and u get a cool house.

i mean i gave a whip (4mil at the time) away to my m8 on his bday. I got nothing out of it like but ya no

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...