Construction: what's it costing you?

Striker6

The cost of this skill is just insane....

its probably because jagex want to ruin the merchanters, since thats not the goal of the game, but skilling is

I don't see how it will ruin merchanters? It will at least temporarily quell the inflation in the game, but lowering the value of items means that cash buys more. Some small-time merchanters might have been stung if they had a lot of cash invested in items at the time of the release. But by and large most of them will have just taken advantage of the immediate rise in price of Oak.

In addition, they're probably one of the few groups of people who can actually afford the higher end items within the skill without it being a massive impact on their bank account.

In short, if I were a merchanter I'd be quite happy with the release. I would also have the Dog's *ahem* of a house!

Mordendravid.png

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well being a good friend of the Valor who was top 10 for the first day of cons's release he's spent something like 8mill GP to get 68.

I've only spent something in the region of 75k to get lvl 26. I've got borred of it so gone to take advantage of everybody doing cons things leaving profitable places empty :)

How the **** do you guys spend so much on it with such low lvls are you crazy?

I spent 6 hours and 110k! and im lvl 51

how do you only spend that much? i'm level 14 and i spent 50k!

mini193.png

Doing a little bit of everything

you can get mutch tools and stuff to train things like crafting cooking mage etc... but its a huge waste of money

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

The cost of this skill is just insane....

its probably because jagex want to ruin the merchanters, since thats not the goal of the game, but skilling is

They aint doin a good job.... You can buy cloth 650 ea and resell to people at portals for 1 - 3k ea!

Thats an AMAZING profit.

Dont tell me its not merching!

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

I really dont see why people buy oaks, their probably the easiest log to get....and plus why give in to the nubby price jackers? What im saying is, that go grab an axe and cut down the oaks right next to the lumber guy :lol:

shaamroc.png

Guest rsd95

I'd say 10k so far to get to lvl 7, I'm going a little slow cause I recently bought Gunthix kite shield and am too lazy to make more money :wink:

I think con will have a massive effect on the rs economy, even after 2 days santas have fallen by 1.5-2m already and I really hope they start rising again soon because I have...5. I think this is an attempt by Jagex to at least slow down inflation, although party hats seem to be rising still. It might actually work seeing as a lot of people have been saving up just for construction and will now be spending a lot money.

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

Hey guys don't forget you don't have to buy the materials, you can simply collect them yourself? :P

i have to collect like 2700 oak logs to get to lvl 55 this may take an hour or 2.

~450k. I'm level 35. And I'm going for level 55 just for Barrows. Well, mostly.

me, lvl 50 first for alllll the teles, lvl 55 for barrows.

200k at least, but this skill forces you to buy stuff, you have to get logs cut, its actually impossible to be decently self sufficent in this skill which annoys me. Cloth, trees and plants, planking, decorations etc all cost money to do theres no lreasonably efficient long but cheap route in this skill which annoys me.

lord_khallos.png

proudguildmasterng2.png

A lot of money saving up supplies 1con ftw!!

about 3Mill

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

hasnt cost me too much really, only thing that has cost money is building new rooms, im lvl 47 btw and have built all the available rooms once, except for bedrooms which i have 2 of

the way i did it was to chop oak outside the rimmington portal, make my butler go saw it, make it into a carved oak dining set and sell for 5k

(costs 3.5k to have the materials made into planks)

so i may have actually made some small profit, not sure tho cant remember my cash amount when i started, i reckon tho i have probly spent around 1-200k tho but this is only because i have been collecting my own materials

99 Range - 88 Defence - 91 Hitpoints

99 Combat - 1650+ Total

I'm not wasting anymore money on con, it's just a waste IMO.

I'm going to wait till there are quests that give free con exp and tears of guthix gives con exp to. I must of wasted 50k so far. And I'm only 17 con. :(

Finally! I beat Umega in a stat!

I've spent about 500k on my house, but I've made that back by taking advantage of Oak prices. I'm 43 Construction, by the way.

I'm Jake Milroy

Used 1-1.4m to get to lvl 55, now I have Ardougne and Canifis portals and a barrows repairing thingy to help my slayer training.

After I get a D chain from this dust task, I'll train my construction some more :lol:

For some weird reason I spent 500k and I am only 32 construction. Been collecting my stuff. But I don't care, I made around 4mil on the first two days construction was released.

Neocrononom. Rune pure FTW.

Goals - 99 magic, 99 attack.