URGENT___READ___ PLEASE (Over)

Veryhyper

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone said a few pages back, it''s basically the same as with the abyss death bug, where you could attack people by manually casting spells on them, and what with people being pre-skulled and having had their prayer drained, it was something of a death trap.

There is no way jagex will do a roll back, I mean when have they ever?, no matter how serious the bug is.

there are no stupid questions

just way too many inquisitive idiots

balance is scary to people who like things easy for them

Utopianflame.png

As someone said a few pages back, it''s basically the same as with the abyss death bug, where you could attack people by manually casting spells on them, and what with people being pre-skulled and having had their prayer drained, it was something of a death trap.

There is no way jagex will do a roll back, I mean when have they ever?, no matter how serious the bug is.

he wasn't just casting ice barregs, he also used melee quit a lot, as you can see in the vid (wasn't there my self)

and durial still isn't banned, i am starting to thing jagex isn't gana,nothing more than just a few days lock :?

cool wel lets do some more bug abuse if thats the case

seasonmovingsig1bo.jpg

he wasn't just casting ice barregs, he also used melee quit a lot, as you can see in the vid (wasn't there my self)

and durial still isn't banned, i am starting to thing jagex isn't gana,nothing more than just a few days lock :?

If the abyss bug is anything to go by he will get banned, ( like a certain well known user of RV was), but there won't be a rollback.

there are no stupid questions

just way too many inquisitive idiots

balance is scary to people who like things easy for them

Utopianflame.png

This is not the case my friend.They have locked his account in order to try and recover the items he "pked" and return them to the owners.I assure you that if you do any Bug Abuse in Runescape, Jagex will permanently. ban you.

Rkolegendkil.png

wow what a screw up by jagex, runescape is already the scum of all mmorpgs and with jagex who don't know what the hell they're doing it's quickly turning into a joke

i'm not going to lie to myself and to this forum that i wouldn't of taken advantage of this bug. my face would of lit up like a kid in a candy store and no not because i'm a greedy jerk who wants all your pixelated items it woulda been hell'a fun too.

durial has become a scapegoat for jagex carelessness. you put candy infront of a child and ban them for taking it? how about jagex bans everyone who would of took advantage in that situation, they would go out of business.

simply enough, it was entrapment. durial is the victim here

(and no, i don't know this guy)

The Lukewarm

100 Combat

1580+ Skill Total

i'm not going to lie...

Its a shame you didn't really, you seem like the kind of person RS2 could do without.

On topic: I appreciate that this sort of game is incredibly complex to program and debug but this does look like a bit of a large bug to miss. Rushed release maybe?

df

iratebadger.png

Wow, the apocolypse actually happened! Lol

We should call this the Doomsday Bug, because it happened on the 6/6/06 - the day of the devil and the ay that the Apocolypse should have happened!

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

i'm not going to lie...

Its a shame you didn't really, you seem like the kind of person RS2 could do without.

df

why because i don't frolic around runescape bunny hopping and handing out free lollipops? rs2 would be better without deluded ppl such as yourself. i have never knowingly broken a rule in the long time i've played runescape, you have no right to make that judgment.

i find it funny that this guy is being abused for what he's done, while real market traders from the old sig trading board are worshipped on this forum.

The Lukewarm

100 Combat

1580+ Skill Total

wow what a screw up by jagex, runescape is already the scum of all mmorpgs and with jagex who don't know what the hell they're doing it's quickly turning into a joke

i'm not going to lie to myself and to this forum that i wouldn't of taken advantage of this bug. my face would of lit up like a kid in a candy store and no not because i'm a greedy jerk who wants all your pixelated items it woulda been hell'a fun too.

durial has become a scapegoat for jagex carelessness. you put candy infront of a child and ban them for taking it? how about jagex bans everyone who would of took advantage in that situation, they would go out of business.

simply enough, it was entrapment. durial is the victim here

(and no, i don't know this guy)

Have u ever read the rules? Bug abuse isn't tolerated, if you find one you should be mature enough just to report it.

With a game that's always changing you can't blame jagex for a few bugs here and there so lay off them and if it's such a cr*p game why are you saying it would make your day to steal pixels, are you really that much of a loser?

Lastly it was durials choice to abuse the bug when the rules say he shouln't of so he made the choice to break the rules so therefore he should be banned without question.

99 Range - 88 Defence - 91 Hitpoints

99 Combat - 1650+ Total

i'm not going to lie...

df

why because i don't frolic around runescape bunny hopping and handing out free lollipops? rs2 would be better without deluded ppl such as yourself. i have never knowingly broken a rule in the long time i've played runescape, you have no right to make that judgment.

i find it funny that this guy is being abused for what he's done, while real market traders from the old sig trading board are worshipped on this forum.

Yet when jagex asked them to quit sig selling they did?

The guy who did this should be banned without question, to say he is the victim here is 100% wrong. So if i find a bug that allows me to dupe items in mass amounts, you would see me as the vitim even though i know its a bug yet i keep doing it? To the comment about you being rs2 material, you are. No one is asking or expecting you to hand out free stuff. There saying is people like you, that play the game but dont benefit the community are the one ruining it. I suggest you read over the rs rules and take the time to understand them, it would help you alot :roll:

swordwarior.png

I would certainly like to meet this Durial fellow.

This is one massive kick in the bollocks for Jagex. 4 years late releasing the skill, and they STILL miss a bug as big as this :lol:

wel, they did rushed there release, look at the date they did 31/05 end of the month, last day they had so they rushed and look what happend. But i think this will be the last day this happens in runescpae or atleast it isn't gana happen ofthen, jagex learned there lesson with this i think. It would be best if jagex just closed the poh's for a day and get al the bug fixed so there is no probs afther wuhrts

seasonmovingsig1bo.jpg

I would certainly like to meet this Durial fellow.

This is one massive kick in the bollocks for Jagex. 4 years late releasing the skill, and they STILL miss a bug as big as this :lol:

Seemed like a relatively small bug to me... Granted it was major, still not like the world was a FFA. The bug didnt happen under normal circumstances, from what I understod.

I know that I would have taken advantage of this bug, but I probally would return the items (I like to think I would - It is only a game after all). If I went on the killing spree it be just for the pleasure of causing chaos and panic. It seems almost poetic to me, a high level gaining godly powers and going on an evil rampage as the people scurried about in fear and panic. I reckon Jagex should let there mods loose like that every now and then, just to put fear back into the rs communtity.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

I know that I would have taken advantage of this bug, and I probally would return the items (I like to think I would - It is only a game after all). If I went on the killing spree it wouldn't be for the items, just for the pleasure of causing chaos and panic. It seems almost poetic to me, a high level gaining godly powers and going on an evil rampage as the people scurried about in fear and panic. I reckon Jagex should let there mods loose like that every now and then, just to put fear back into the rs communtity.

Fear and panic... Most the people I saw were following him, and encouraging him :lol: And you wouldnt give the items back. You're going to take the time to write down everyones name, and what you stole from them? :roll:

if it's such a cr*p game why are you saying it would make your day to steal pixels

wow can you even read? it doesn't even have anything do with the pixels, it was a once in a runescape lifetime oppurtunity which was undoubtedly the most fun this ever guy's had playing runescape. ppl are playing the game for fun, then act shocked when someone does this.

Yet when jagex asked them to quit sig selling they did?

Please, it was pretty obvious sig selling was against the rules from day one and it was around a pretty long time before anything was done about it. People on this forum have gained a unfair advantage have making millions of gp on sig selling. IMO and Jagex's they should be banned.

So if i find a bug that allows me to dupe items in mass amounts, you would see me as the vitim even though i know its a bug yet i keep doing it?

I don't believe you should be banned for jagex mistake but i certainly believe the duped items should be removed. It is alot easier for jagex to ban the 'culprits' than do something about the problem, ie. neutralise the effect of the bug. I understand that there are some things jagex are unable to do but idealistic they should work with this durial guy to return any items, give him a slap on the wrist and allow him to carry on playing.

To the comment about you being rs2 material, you are. No one is asking or expecting you to hand out free stuff. There saying is people like you, that play the game but dont benefit the community are the one ruining it.

I don't understand this mentality that when playing a game i should put someone elses fun over my own. These people are trying to dictate how I and everyone else should play. While i understand it is a mmorpg most of the way that I play runescape is on a solo basis and that's how i like it.

I suggest you read over the rs rules and take the time to understand them, it would help you alot :roll:

I've read them and understand them that doesn't mean they are right.

On another note, i've just been reading this interview with the durial guy from another thread and would like to pick out some quotes.

Durial (7:04:58 PM): Although I feel bad for those people

Durial (7:05:13 PM): I would be happy to return their stuff if I could

Durial (7:05:29 PM): Iâââ‰â¢m sure many were very upset

Durial (7:07:16 PM): I do feel bad

Durial (7:07:23 PM): For those I killed

Durial (7:07:29 PM): It was hella fun though Smile

I keep hearing that this bug was available to more ppl than just durial, can anyone confirm this? and to how many ppl was it available to?

If this is true, knowing jagex i highly doubt they will ban everyone who abused this. which again is completely unfair to this durial guy

they sure as hell didn't ban everyone who abused the waterfall bug or ppl who abused the bird nest bug at the mahogany woods (and no doubt there's many others i dont know about). so to people who believe bug abusers are all banned and that's the end of it, this isn't true.

The Lukewarm

100 Combat

1580+ Skill Total

You're going to take the time to write down everyones name, and what you stole from them? :roll:

To be honest I didn't think of that, but I usually write down names. Thats what I do in the wildy :D

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!