Repopulating the Wilds: A suggestion.

Shadowcran

A new minigame called "Bounty Hunting". Not bad. I'm actually starting to get convinced.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I think that it is a great idea. =D> I think that in putting this in that it will hopefully :pray: bring in more people that you can pk out there so it will bring all of the pker's back. Great idea I love this. =D>

You have the right, and people have the right to hate you for it.

Thus, the circle of life is complete.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

I agree with this, unknown creatures it should be mostly, i think some kind of cat, like a Lynx or something :D Which is rarely found almost like a random event so it is actually a Wild area, because you can find skeletons, scorpions and bandits in other places

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

I like the mini-game idea, you can play as either the hunter or the hunted, the hunters get points for every hunted person they PK, while the hunted get points per minute that they stay out there (multiple by the number of hunters of course).

HOW THIS WOULD WORK:

Say there are 5 people being hunted, and 10 people hunting, the hunted would recieve alot of points AND the hunters would recieve lots of points (due to the fact that they had to beat out the rest of the hunters).

If there are 20 people being hunted and 5 people hunting both sides recieve few points because they barely need to beat out anyone.

WHILE THIS IS HAPPENING:

Normal PKers go after both groups, no points, only the armor they get from their kills.

WFCrest.gif

Definitely makes the wild more appealing, in the tutorial island they say the wild is a good place to get treasure but its dangerous, and the bounty hunting would make that more true. !!I support this!! !!start a petition!!

I Came, I Saw, I Ran (the person in the mirror pwns me)

Don't be rediculous. Petitions often just make people all the more annoyed. Just post this suggestion in the official forums, do nothing flashy and hopefully JAGeX would be kind enough to implement it.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

I think that this could work, it might be what they are working on for this new "hunting" skill that may or may not be coming out. You could pk with your team to kill a team of npc's. To kill the npc team you might need a set number of mages, rangers and melees that have different armours on. I think you could actually go quite deap with this idea.

Then the pk teams would have to fight other pk teams to get to kill these npc's

-On another note, if you could bring back a style of catching, as was used in rsc, i think that would make melee fighting much more enjoyable. (would be hard because of run and walk settings :oops: )

Jimmy+Kak.png

currently smithing

Doesn't "Hunting" = "Slayer"? I would expect them to be about the same. And since when did JAGeX promise a "Hunting" skill at all?

~Toxicologist~

Well, most rumours are not true, are they? If JAGeX did not confirm it, I do not believe it. It is too close to Slayer.

If you want my opinion, "Taming" is a better option as a new skill, or a sub-skill of "Necromancy" and "Summoning" to Magic.

~Toxicologist~

I expect summonable monsters would be the demons (Imps, Lesser Demons, Black Demons, etc.), the undeads (Zombies, Skeletons, Shades, etc.), the elementals (Fire Elemental, Water Elemental, etc.), and other random stuff like Rock Golems, Tree Spirits... anything that seems summonable.

~Toxicologist~

Definitely not a new skill. it has to be an extension to Magic, or like Ancient Magicks. And the Necromancer only summons fungi because the summon failed.

~Toxicologist~

great idea, i hate the wilderness its soooooooooooo boring, itd be much better if it had something like this in it. then i might go out there besides when i do chaos runs....... which leads to almost certain death by clans that are often seen fighting members of the same clan.

live to kill...

live to die...

live to love...

why dont you just kill dragons and wait for left half?

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Not only do you have my support but you have the full support of my clan, The Homicidal Nation, which is a clan with nothing to do :( :(

SUPPORT IS WHAT I GIVE

I Came, I Saw, I Ran (the person in the mirror pwns me)

With over 250 supporters now in the RS forums, I understand Jagex is giving the idea a serious look. I'd like to add the names from this forum as well, but I don't know the legality of it.

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

The Shadow Knows

Yes, I've heard some of what this skill might entail, but only rumors and guesses( I like to guess a ton myself, but often get way off track). Can you guys tell me what all you've heard about it?

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

The Shadow Knows

Im sure jagex wouldnt have a problem with where you got your supporters. I mean as long you havent made them up or they never said they supported it im sure they wont mind. Probably best to have there rs names though to be on the safe side.

Sounds good to me. Probably have some things to work out but you can add my name to the list.

sig2yq6.png

Presto instant eggs.
i have the solution to "goblin diplomacy"...kill wartface and bentnoze.