Improving Guilds

eyehawk78

I have always wondered why Jagex have not updated some of the clearly obselete guilds.

---The Mining Guild---

This is one of the most difficult guilds to gain entrance too (Level 60 mining) yet the rewards are far from satisfying, the guild has only 5 mithril and 37 coal.

Granted the high amount of coal is good because compared to nearby resources it is bountiful.

I believe Jagex may not have improved this as it is fully accessible by free-to-play players (JagexÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s main way of recruiting new members is because of additional content). So I propose that a new separate area is created that is only accessible by means of an agility obstacle, meaning only pay-to-play players may gain access to it.

Here we could finally have higher level rocks players have been crying out for and possibly a system similar to the coal trucks or maybe even a bank.

---The Monastery---

As many players will hopefully back me up prayer which is a skill is very difficult to raise. Gaining access to this 'guild' is difficult and the reward is again disappointing. The only useful resource is an altar that raises your prayer by +2 over your normal level.

This is another guild that is accessible by free-to-play players which (I believe) is the reason why it has yet to be updated.

I propose a third floor is added to the monastery that is only accessible whilst holding a blessed item obtained in Entrana. This could be an item blessed by Saradomin when he first arrived in the world of Runescape.

---Cooking Guild---

The cooking guild is also of little use. The cooking guild is a present a glorified windmill. This ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâguildÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ could be vastly improved by adding a brewer for ciders and ales to be made and perhaps a few farming patches to grow allotment-based foods and hops. This would ensure the new additions are for pay-to-play users and would encourage more free-to-play user to become a member.

Sincerely Eyehawk78

Any suggestions/improvements?

Free bumps are greatly appreciated

I agree that the monastery could be slightly improved, but I think the guilds are set up well as they are so skills don't become incredibly easy once you reach a certain level.

It is true that small changes could be made so that the skill isn't overwhelmed, but I currently do not have any problems with any guilds.

If anyone supports this idea could they post on my thread on the official rs forums as a supporter?

The Quick Find code is 24-25-404-24997213

Cheers!

,,__________

,/_\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,\

|,,,\\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,\

,\_/_|,,,,,UBER,,,,|

,,,,,,,|,,,,,BUMP!,,,|

,,,,,,,|,,________|

,,,,,,,|,/,\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,\

,,,,,,,\,\_|,,,,,,,,,,,,,,|

,,,,,,,,\_,/______/,,

Sorry, but prayer is NOT that hard to level. You just need to know where to go. I got from level 20- 30 prayer in a little over a half hour just by sitting at the Chaos Altar in the wildnerness burying those bones... But I see what you mean. Especially for the Champions Guild. I remember thinking "I got all of those quest points for this?"

So... If Pro is the opposite of Con, does that mean that Congress is the opposite of Progress? ...?

i think cooking guild need some improvements...

prayer guild needs to have something so ppl will visit it more

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Wouldn't the Enofuncus (sp) be a better place for a prayer guild lol.

Mining Guild is ok as it is. Iron is easy to get, same with coal. Mith and Addy are found in the wilderness. I've tried this before and it works fine. (Just remember to mine in f2p worlds so members dont ice barrage, teleblock etc,)

Cooking Guild- More of a mill with spawns for me, wait, it IS a mill and spawns. Make it bigger, have range and sink together on the ground floor instead of gonig up and down. But other thn that I dont know how you can improve the guild.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

mining guild obviously needs better things, and it has been stated by everyone. Prayer is just lame, nothing there...it needs some extra features but of course what can you have? Cooking, put some cows and a wheat field near it thats all it needs.