the famous phat dupe

ikraz66

The reason the person who informed JAGeX was banned was that he admitted that he was an AutoRune user. A criminal that turns himself in is still a criminal.

I still remember the whole debacle. For most of the day I just walked around Varrock, hoping someone would crack a cracker with me. I never asked anyone though, afraid to get banned. In the end nobody cracked me, and I didn't buy a hat either. Still had fun watching the whole thing though.

I remember that day clearly. For the fun of it I pulled out my yellow partyhat and someone immediately wanted to trade 12 rune 2-handed swords, then bluttering "fake..." a few moments later. I just laughed at him and told it's genuine. :-$

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Wow. It's pretty stupid to admit that you were using illegal software on RuneScape, don't ya think? Especially if Jagex offered something as "fake" as lifetime membership :wink:

Haven't you guys heard of sting operations?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

No there was/is no way to see which are "real" and which are "fake".

And they didn't flip so to speak. Pink was the most expensive at the time, hence it being the most commonly duped. Because it was duped the most it went from most expensive to least. The other pretty much just bumped up a spot.

~Dave

I think you will find the most duped items were crackers, so all prices were pretty screwed over depending on what came out of those crackers.

I won't lie, on the day I bought one of the duped crackers ;) I actually traded a rune chain for it.

wow that was cruel, banning the person that told you how to stop it. i never knew there was pink phats.

During the change from RSC to RS2, all graphics had to be remodelled. This included party hats. However, Jagex came to the decision that the RS2 pink party hat had been coloured, and looked purple, hence the nowadays "purple partyhat".

Don't FREE DURIAL!!!!

add to sig if you agree

dont let the others lead u the worng way

3ig Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:06 am Post subject: people

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ya, I have a friend who was a part of the dupe, hes currently got 34 party hats, not gonna mention names of course.

ya and i like to bs on forums

3ig Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:06 am Post subject: people

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ya, I have a friend who was a part of the dupe, hes currently got 34 party hats, not gonna mention names of course.

ya and i like to bs on forums

My thoughts fazackerly.

Well then no wonder that you don't seem to care for rules, "free durial" and a "34 duped phat friend". =D> You're gonna get popular REAL fast!

:lol:

61784167.jpg

JaGex also said they could detect the fake hats, and anyone caught having one would be banned ;)

They made a statement saying you should drop any hats that you received during the day of the dupe in an empty area.... :lol:

JaGex is about as trustworthy as an American president :D

JaGex also said they could detect the fake hats, and anyone caught having one would be banned ;)

They made a statement saying you should drop any hats that you received during the day of the dupe in an empty area.... :lol:

JaGex is about as trustworthy as an American president :D

So they made an attempt to fix a problem they couldn't.... It's certainly better then creating a problem from one that didn't exist. Sorry, Jagex still beats our presidents any day imho :P