Extend the Bank Pin

the bank pin is a great idea, but there are a couple of holes in it...

• Royal Coffers - Yep. You can withdraw money from the coffers without entering your pin. That's not so great. It makes it possible for a hacker to possibly take millions of coins even if he can't get in the bank. The best thing to do here, is to make the player enter their pin upon clicking the word "withdraw" on the menu there.

Butlers - You can use your butler to withdraw building materials from your bank, even if you have not entered your bank pin. It is possible to lose a large amount of money through this, if you have some of the more expensive materials banked. The answer to this is, require that the player be in build mode to have the butler withdraw items for you.

Royal Coffers and Subjects? What are those?

And what about getting around the PIN. As far as I know, there is no way around a PIN.

After doing throne of Miscellania you can put gp in the Royal Coffer which pays your subjects (peasants or whatever you wanna call them) to do work for you.

Take a look at the Throne of Miscellania Quest guide, I'm pretty sure it tells you all about it.

lope6jw0.jpg

i think there should be a bank pin, but instead of cliking the numbers, type it in :P

~Ray

that would defeat the purpose. If you had a keylogger and the person got on your account and u didn't know, then typing it in would simply give it to them :?

i think there should be a bank pin, but instead of cliking the numbers, type it in :P

~Ray

that would defeat the purpose. If you had a keylogger and the person got on your account and u didn't know, then typing it in would simply give it to them :?

Hah, took the words right out of my mouth. Some people need to think before typing.. :lol:

I think its a fine idea. My friend proposed pins on butlers on the official forums, because you can still have butlers withdraw items from your bank without being in build mode. (Some people may keep gold leaves/marble banked. Even teak planks are pretty valuable.)

Well apparently jagex never realized it either :shame:

I think its a fine idea. My friend proposed pins on butlers on the official forums, because you can still have butlers withdraw items from your bank without being in build mode. (Some people may keep gold leaves/marble banked. Even teak planks are pretty valuable.)

To answer that, your butler is as safe as your house, because you cant get inside without your pin.

To answer that, your butler is as safe as your house, because you cant get inside without your pin.

actually, you can get inside without your pin. and you can get the butler to withdraw items from your bank. if somebody could log into your account and you happened to have a servant they could "fish" items out of your bank. they would have to try things to see what the servant would bring back, and you could only withdraw a limited amount at a time, plus they woul have to pay the servant every few trips. but it could be done.

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

actually, you can get inside without your pin. and you can get the butler to withdraw items from your bank. if somebody could log into your account and you happened to have a servant they could "fish" items out of your bank. they would have to try things to see what the servant would bring back, and you could only withdraw a limited amount at a time, plus they woul have to pay the servant every few trips. but it could be done.

OK I guess it is true. I always had to enter my pin because I entered in building mode. Thats something else to watch out for and needs to be fixed also.

good idea...though i dunno what u talking about*F2P* and i also think added to that there should be a PIN for inventory and what your wearing

because if you are wearing a phat or any other rare item and log out with it on, the hacker who logs on doesnt get at your bank but gets the 150M or w\e from your inventory

good idea...though i dunno what u talking about*F2P* and i also think added to that there should be a PIN for inventory and what your wearing

because if you are wearing a phat or any other rare item and log out with it on, the hacker who logs on doesnt get at your bank but gets the 150M or w\e from your inventory

put your inventory in your bank problem solved

pknu9.png

sonicsonaike exellent work ^^

abstract lol

98% of teenagers have been drunk or around alcohol. Put this in your signature if you like bagels

Nah, that can't really happen. Imagine if you forgot your pin and had to wait a few days to get in your bank. If you still have access to your inventory, you can do some kind of harvesting/collecting while you wait it out. But if you don't, you are pretty much screwed until the pin is lifted. If it makes you paranoid, the best thing to do is bank all of your items when you log out.

As just said, you should bank anything valuable if you are that worried. I make a point of banking the only valuable thing i own (santa) when i leave for the day.

On topic, this seems to be a good idea. They could just extend the current bank pin to cover it. No need to set a new number.

runemsanta,ishepp.gif

89/99 farming

Nah, that can't really happen. Imagine if you forgot your pin and had to wait a few days to get in your bank. If you still have access to your inventory, you can do some kind of harvesting/collecting while you wait it out. But if you don't, you are pretty much screwed until the pin is lifted. If it makes you paranoid, the best thing to do is bank all of your items when you log out.

my dad gets really mad at me if he sees me playing and i need to close my window as fast as possible if he comes along...wont have enought time to get to a bank

Jagex could put put it up and then if you want it then get one otherwise dont...

***sometimes you could lagg and when your back on you get hacked, happened to me

my dad gets really mad at me if he sees me playing and i need to close my window as fast as possible if he comes along...wont have enought time to get to a bank

Jagex could put put it up and then if you want it then get one otherwise dont...

***sometimes you could lagg and when your back on you get hacked, happened to me

Makes sense to me. But at the same time, people who forget their pin need to be able to do something in game while they wait to get their bank back. There are deposit boxes in banks for the very same reason. (they don't require a pin) Now to me, that makes more sense than taking away access to anyone's inventory if they can't remember what their pin was, just because you are disobeying your father by playing the game and want to make sure you don't get caught. It's the risk you take; why restrict what everyone else can do just because you decide to break a rule?

Makes sense to me. But at the same time, people who forget their pin need to be able to do something in game while they wait to get their bank back. There are deposit boxes in banks for the very same reason. (they don't require a pin) Now to me, that makes more sense than taking away access to anyone's inventory if they can't remember what their pin was, just because you are disobeying your father by playing the game and want to make sure you don't get caught. It's the risk you take; why restrict what everyone else can do just because you decide to break a rule?

dont get a pin if you might forget it...theres always that option

Or, leave valuable items in your bank if you are afraid to lose them.

ive already explained my prooblem with leaving items in bank...read before you post

ive already explained my prooblem with leaving items in bank...read before you post

Yes, I've read it, and responded to it too. this is just going to go in circles unless you start reading too.

Yes, I've read it, and responded to it too. this is just going to go in circles unless you start reading too.

you got a point, so this is my last post...lets leave this post to die... :-#