Outrage! - Now a question of what can be improved...

Dracion1

Tip.it doesn't need an online encyclopedia to tell it it's the best :-$

I completely agree. Everyone knows we are the best and who cares if Wikipedia doesn't agree? It was obviously the wrong decision but some people there are so uptigh, why care?

I mean even getting the link on there, what would it achieve?

runehq is filled with useless and low quality guides, and their forums are pretty bad too.

But tipit tends to run slowly at times, and has hars forum mods.

those are just the bad things there, and tipit does have less bad and more good, thats why I stay here.

Tip.it is by far a better site in numerous ways. The layout of Tip is clean cut and professional. The guides that are provided are informative and easy to digest. EVERYTHING works as it is supposed to except for when accidents happen and on the RARE occasion a mistake is made in the code.

Runehq's guides are less clean but are more personal. They value Quanity over quality. They have "City Guides" which I think are purposeless as unless it's a brand new town or you are a fresh member, you shouldn't need a city guide. The design of the site does not look good at all. Also their item database despite being one of the few out there is nowhere NEAR full. They're missing data on alot of things.

Do you guys remember when Tip.it had the HUGE makeover? Well another gigantic update will be coming shortly when they release their own undoubtedly full developed Item Database. It may not have the street price but that's what the Price Check sticky is for! The thread can be updated easier and more constantly than a website can be.

My only complaint with Tip is their Splitbark guide and that it is underdeveloped (But that's because I've been hanging out there for so long, I along with a bunch of other people are bound to find out more about that place) and they dropped their format of making quest guides. They don't include the Quest guide changes. I suppose it's not a big thing, but it could be a helpful thing if someone leaves for a time and picks up a quest later on.

Tip.it is a good site for the fact that it offers quality works. Runehq is a good site because it offers a large quantity of work. I will choose quality over quantity in this debate though and stick with good ol' Tip.it. In regards to Runehq getting more traffic, I think it would be because of their item database, it's the only one I've ever seen and probably the most popular of the databases.

Every RuneScape fansite has its particular advantages, but I think that tip.it has the most. I personally visit all three major fan sites.

RuneHQ

I like the item database here, as well as some of the guides. However, I find a lot of the material poorly written and full of things that people already know.

Zybez

Personally, I think Zybez has some of the best quest guides around. The step by step format and the prerequisites (especially where it lists where you can find the starting items) is just great. However, Zybez isn't really known for that much else.

Tip.it

Has the calculators, guides and (especially) the forums that puts every other fansite to shame.

luxurymh4.jpg

Just a small note that we are keeping an eye on this topic and learning from it ;) It is nice to see some people who are objective in their posts about other fan sites as well as ours :D

• 3 weeks later...
tip it has what no other fansites have: A knowledgeable staff, events team, a well-moderated board, and the best newspaper this side of the river lum.

Exactly. And yet the people at Wikipedia still don't let us have it. We should leave them a message telling them why we deserve the link.