Clay the new Rune Ess for Autoers?

Ngorge

I wonder if clay will replace rune ess as a great place for autoers to make money. Similar to rune ess, clay needs a low mining level, is close banks, and is easily found on free worlds. With the advent of teleportation tablets, clay is now a valuable commodity on p2p worlds, while being virtually worthless on f2p.

I understand that clay is most valuable as soft clay, so requires an extra step that rune ess did not. However, it has the potential to be more even more valuable than rune ess was (though prices certainly have not stabilized). The extra work may be a small hindrance to autoers, but certainly does not separate f2p and p2p like rune ess and pure ess do.

Any thoughts?

I don't think it's worth very much.... is it?

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

It does seem to have the possibility. At which point in time, clay will be divided into pottery clay, which can only make pottery, and worker's clay, which can make anything clay related and is members only and requires a higher mining level.

Noctis666.png

I might even get a stash, enchantment spells+clay=great magic xp.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

At 100gp each or more for soft clay, it's worth more than even pure ess.

ess is 2 clicks away... clay more then 10

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

ess is 2 clicks away... clay more then 10

Pure ess is members only. Clay is f2p and lvl 1 mining.

Noctis666.png

Ah... See I didn't know :shock:

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

I very much doubt it. Clay is hardly used for crafting, you need very little of it in construction, so the only possible use would be teletablets. How often would you use a tablet? I hardly use them, I only got a couple of house tablets to use for barrows and that's it. If I go in the wilderniss and want a 1-click 1 inventory spot teleport I take an elf crystal, on slayer assignment far away from a bank I use a glory.

I think the reason for the current soft clay price is that there's hardly anyone selling them. If a lot of autoers would mine them the price would crash since there's virtually no demand for them as opposed to ess, oak and yew which have almost infinite demand.

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

No, I know what you guys are thinking. You think it is because of construction. I think the outrageous prices were temporary. I really do not see clay becoming the new rune essense because the whole of construction is not based on clay while runecrafting is based on essense(completely), causing a larger demand for essense. While I do not disagree that there wont't be auto programs for clay, I just don't see it becoming as popular as rune essense.

~darkmage

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Don't give them ideas. :-#

oak logs seem more likely then clay
Well, if there needs to be autoers, then I hope they move to this. 150ish ea for oak logs is way too much. :(

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

A good questions has been raised: will there ever be demand for teletablets? If yes, I see a new market for autoers, even with the longer walk, and perhaps a smaller number of autoers than rune ess supported.

Teletablets are useful for barrows, and kq where they provide a better 1 click telly (close to prayer for those with level 45 and above, and easily replaceable, unlike the long walk for an ectovial). They are useful for low level players as they provide Ardougne and Camelot teleports for those who lack the necessary magic level. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, they provide anyone with a means for bones to peaches.

Bones to peaches is time to consuming to get - I hated every telkinetic theatre point. It also takes up 3 slots (teletablet 1) in a melee inventory. Even if a player has nats for high alching they rarely have demand for earths and waters. While it isn't a great spell for all monsters (abby demons, fire giants, blue dragons, etc), it is incredibly useful for many. I can now stay forever at infernal mages, turoths, kurasks, bloodvelds, dustdevils and so on. Ultimately players go with what is cheapest, gives the highest reward per time, and is the easiest. One bones to peaches teletablet might cost 2k once prices settle. If it creates 20 peaches that is the same as 8 sharks (saves money), and does not require running to the bank to get more sharks. This may be more time consuming during combat (eating more often, and having to pick up bones), but ultimately saves time because of less bank running for food. It's not a perfct spell, but I can see a substantial demand for it.

Foretelling is a always a tricky, and usually inaccurate, pursuit. Time will tell.

A good questions has been raised: will there ever be demand for teletablets? If yes, I see a new market for autoers, even with the longer walk, and perhaps a smaller number of autoers than rune ess supported.

Teletablets are useful for barrows, and kq where they provide a better 1 click telly (close to prayer for those with level 45 and above, and easily replaceable, unlike the long walk for an ectovial). They are useful for low level players as they provide Ardougne and Camelot teleports for those who lack the necessary magic level. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, they provide anyone with a means for bones to peaches.

Bones to peaches is time to consuming to get - I hated every telkinetic theatre point. It also takes up 3 slots (teletablet 1) in a melee inventory. Even if a player has nats for high alching they rarely have demand for earths and waters. While it isn't a great spell for all monsters (abby demons, fire giants, blue dragons, etc), it is incredibly useful for many. I can now stay forever at infernal mages, turoths, kurasks, bloodvelds, dustdevils and so on. Ultimately players go with what is cheapest, gives the highest reward per time, and is the easiest. One bones to peaches teletablet might cost 2k once prices settle. If it creates 20 peaches that is the same as 8 sharks (saves money), and does not require running to the bank to get more sharks. This may be more time consuming during combat (eating more often, and having to pick up bones), but ultimately saves time because of less bank running for food. It's not a perfct spell, but I can see a substantial demand for it.

Foretelling is a always a tricky, and usually inaccurate, pursuit. Time will tell.

Don't give them ideas. :-#

oak logs seem more likely then clay
Well, if there needs to be autoers, then I hope they move to this. 150ish ea for oak logs is way too much. :(

But the thing is that when Oak planks were first introduced, I noticed autoers the first day. :lol:

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg