The Great PartyHat Dupe?

supervic1234

I heard so many people tralking about ''the Dupe'' and I read on tip.it the piece about Durial321, and that this massacre day would be measured in the same league as 'The Great PartyHat Dupe'. I asked some people wat it was but nobody ever told me... Can anybody finally explain this to me?

I was not there myself, but I beleive this was a time in which a player discovered how to duplicate party hats. Naturally the secret got out and almost everyone was doing it, this caused jagex to do a massive recal of hats (i think) leaving only the original hats before the dupe, someone please correct me if I am wrong

Back in Rs Classic a bunch of people found a way to duplicate items, so naturally they duplicated the most expensive items at the time... party hats. They made hundreds (or more..don't know exactly) of party hats and sold them for very little. This introduced more p hats into the game and lowered their price a lot.

hope i helped :)

Boondock%20Saints.jpg

Interesting fact: Before the dupe, blue party hats were the cheapest and pink party hats were the most expensive! Now, it's the other way around!

wow, ppl are really interested in this.

heres my short summary of a story to tell you about the dupe.

I myself had about 1m gp, my first 1m..and at this time, mask sets were about 900-1m gp...i bought my first mask set the day before the dupe...i have no cash...i dont care because i have my armour for training, and a mask set...pretty much all you could do in rsc on a main was train, mine, fish...ect.

so anyway, next day...the dupe is leaked, and there are massive ammounts of p hats flooded into the market...yikes...i have no money, no longer :(...p hats are selling for as low as 50k ea...i dont have any money to afford it.

i could have bought 20 p hats, and been rich..but instead..nope im broke. This just goes to show that timing, is everything

w4M8t.png

Way back when, there was an autoing program that I'm gonna shorten to AR.

It had loads of functionability. It could automaticly catch soomeone that ran from you in the wilderness, it could do any skill, it could allow you to access your bank from anywhere with a keypress.

At some point, someone was experimenting with trading untradeable quest items, and accidently made a copy of it. From there, they figured out how to dupe any item in the game, and set at it.

Everything possible was duped, but what they stuck to was the christmas crackers. Hundreds of christmas crackers were popped in varrock square and eventually chaos started(as you can imagine).

Finally, jagex put out a message to everyone. "If you tell us how this is done, you get free life time membership."

Someone tells, jagex fixes the bug, and then bans the person that told them how.

Party hats were NEVER deleted. No roll back, nothing. Some say that duped crackers were deleted, although I do not see how it was done.

~M

well actually xx jut xx has information on this on his site which 1 of the dupers gave to him....also they didnt delete the rares as its nearly impossible to find out the difference from real and duped as they are real phats to. Jagex just banned people who got like 20phat sets in 1day really

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

for all the information you need just search xx jut xx on google should come up with his site and just search around there :P ye...jagex shouldnt of banned that person as he didnt nessacerily abuse the AR

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements