The Story of 50% Luke [ Spoiler! ]

Username012

We don't use our whole brain, most brain scientists estimate we only use 10-20%, a little more at peak times.

UGH!!!

Clearing up this misunderstanding is enough to break me out of "Lurker-dome"

If a person was only using 10-20% of their brain, they wouldn't be able to breathe, let alone live a normal life. The statistic you are trying to quote is that 'scientists' have only been able to figure out what 10-20% of the brain is actually responsible for.

(Hides back in the shadows)

I'm surprised he isn't dead. HALF of his head was sliced off by the reef. That means his brain too... which would mean he'd be dead. Was Jagex thinking?
You can still live with half your brain.

its true, im always living with half my brain! :lol: ...wait, that means im calling myself stupid :(

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

It is possible to live without half of your brain. Enistien(sp) almost had half a brain since he did so much drugs. If you had half a brain you wouldn't be completely there though.

What a beutiful day to come out of the shadows... Where on earth did you hear that from, seriously, i think you pulled that out of your butt in all honesty... :/ The grammar of "since he did so much drugs" makes it seems like "you've done a littbe bit too much drugs" ... *(~warning, grossness, skip to the end of the paragraph if you're squeemish~)* But yeah, If you ever get really ambitious, bored, and gutsy, there's some pictures on the internet of autopsies where they go to remove the brain, and it's been like eaten away by parasites (these are in 3rd world contries obviously)

Uhm... yeah, this topic ran rampant didn't it?

I stumbled across that when I was doing the quest and actually almost laughed at the "Oh... My... God..." part... It just struck me as hilarious :)

I'm really hoping there will be a quest on this now!! :D

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

Sounds like that guy has Mad Cow disease :o

Heh, nice find :P

Btw, guys what's with the debate? It is possible under some circumstances.

It is possible to take at least 50% of someone's brain out, but it depends on the person and technique of removal and what sections have been removed.

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Kind of.

Stop the debate please, it's not fair to the creator of the thread.

You're absolutely right, thanks to you I re-read the conversation and there's another bit that struck my attention... The part with the albatros. He says he can't tell it because the captain will flay him if he would. That must be a heck of an albatros if the captain is that desperate to keep it a secret! I wonder what that is all about...

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

I very, very much doubt that. There would be massive brain damage at least...
Don't believe me? It's true. Do a little searching, I read about this in the new york times. (I think that was it)

No I don't believe you.

Because you CAN'T live without 50% of your brain.

Something different is disrupting the communication between 2 halves but upon completely removing no less then half of your brain you will die.

Wasnt he a zombie..? #-o

Im pretty sure zombies can live without 100% of their brain.

welcometors8xn.png

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

I'm really hoping there will be a quest on this now!! :D

Maybe the quest will be that you go back in time and save him, but you fall off he boat and get ripped in half. It'll show it happening too. The captain then feels sorry for you and gives you half a wooden brain made from magic tree logs. Magic! Then half if you is made of that wood :)

Don't believe me? It's true. Do a little searching, I read about this in the new york times. (I think that was it)

No I don't believe you.

Because you CAN'T live without 50% of your brain.

Something different is disrupting the communication between 2 halves but upon completely removing no less then half of your brain you will die.

Wasnt he a zombie..? #-o

Im pretty sure zombies can live without 100% of their brain.

No. Zombies can probably live with 50% of their brain missing, but if you watch zombie movies, they can't live without their brain. The brain is the only way to kill zombies. You shoots them in the head and then they're dead. Head = Dead.

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

I predict that the next update will be the brewing game and it will be on Mos Le Harmless where that guy is.....

So possibly a return of 50% Luke and mabye a slayer cave

I am related to a physic (seriously) Apart from that I won't spill my sources. :notalk:

lol poor guy, half his body =;

Zonhottie.png

Currently training all skills to or above 60.

Barrows drops: 87 runs done so far. Torag Platebody on 4th run. Guthan Chainskirt on 35th run. Dharok Helm on 45th run. Torag platelegs on 49th run. Ahrim Robeskirt on 86th run.

You're absolutely right, thanks to you I re-read the conversation and there's another bit that struck my attention... The part with the albatros. He says he can't tell it because the captain will flay him if he would. That must be a heck of an albatros if the captain is that desperate to keep it a secret! I wonder what that is all about...

It's all just sailor's superstition :)

http://etext.virginia.edu/stc/Coleridge ... riner.html

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

You cannot survive without half of your brain. There is absolutely no way. Period.

It really depends on what period in life you lose half your brain. If you were to lose it as an adult, you'd be dead for sure, even if you were to survive the massive bloodloss. Your brain is the weakest part of your body, that's why your skull is the strongest. If your skull is cracked you suffer bloodloss and have great risk of all kinds of infections. Even if you were to survive all that, I highly doubt that you would be capable of living without the help of any machines.

But cases have been documented of babies being born without a big part of their brain, in some cases more then half. These kids live happy lives with only minor learning trouble. This is because as a kid your brain is still developing and the half of the brain that's left is very capable of taking over the work of the half of the brain that's missing.

In some very rare cases adults would be able to survive losing half their brain: If it were removed in surgery in case of a tumor. We don't use our whole brain, most brain scientists estimate we only use 10-20%, a little more at peak times. So in case of a tumor more then 50% of your brain can be removed, if they work around the active area, but the removed part wouldn't be an entire half, but pieces of both halves.

I think you people have forgot a very important piece of information....THIS IS A GAME!! Omg, whine about how magic isn't possible and how you cant shoot rune arrows into a real human and they onyl take 23 damege. Listen, this is a game, not a real life biography of 50%luke!(note: i doubt there really is a 50% luke :P)

Qizx2- Archmage

Personnumber100- Warlock for life.

Would you?

He refers to a magic tree known as Witchwood, which in his mind is "extinct"

Maybe this tree isnt as long gone as he thinks and will update our woodcutting skill. Along with fletching, a new bow, and of course another way to burn money with firemaking.

finish235ue.jpg

You cannot survive without half of your brain. There is absolutely no way. Period.

that is an incorrect statement cdub, there have been may cases of a person having to have one side of his/her brain cut off because it caused alot of seziures. Look it up online, you MIGHT find it, but i cannot be sure of that, i did not look it up in the internet for that. 50% of the stuff online is false, i looked at a medical history textbook :D

Currently Working on: Basically Quit... Messing up my pure atm though// Hehe

Main Name: Anishr

Join the official Barbarian Assult channel, #ba in irc.