th_caacdf24.png

th_f077dc15.png

th_659210f8.png

th_132be325.png

th_40574388.png

th_2ee41582.png

Since Intel is releasing that, AMD chips are receiving major price cuts:

th_1779_large_full_pricing.png

I've been planning to get a computer around November/December and this made up my mind. The E6600 would be what I want on my computer. But :shock: at the AMD price cuts though.

Core 2 duo does look amazing. I would like to buy one but I would need to swich to a whole new platform which is to much money for me right now. I have heard that all the benchmarks to date were under Intel supervision which means they could have stacked the becnhmarks. I hope that isn't true. We will know for sure when they launch retail chips.

I have one question this new core 2 chip has 4mb of shared cache for both cores, is that better or worse than dedicated cache?

edit: Look at this photo :shock: . It's the core 2 processor doing super pi 1m in under 10secs. If people don't know what this program is, it's calculating 1m digets on pi and is used as a CPU benchmark program. Normal times are anywhere from 25-50 seconds. If you look at the speed it looks like it's an overclocking machine.

http://www.iamxtreme.net/coolaler/conro ... X/5266.gif

goldenblade995.png

I'm going to wait until it's officially been released before trusting any sites with benchmarks and comparisons. A lot of sites that have had benchmarks of it had the Intel *and* AMD system supplied to them by Intel =\

If that's not biased, I don't know what is

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

This saddens me. The end of the AMD era is over - but at least now their chips are even better for the money!

sigon4.jpg

handed me TWO tissues to clear up. I was like "i'm going to need a few more paper towels than that luv"

It wouldn't suprise me for Intel to stack the tests in their favour if they're supervising it all.

I'm with runesmithie on this one, untill an unbias source releases tests results, I'm taking all results with a lot of salt.

Edit: I'm also willing to bet that Intel didn't disable Hyperthreading.

Raw speed doesnt mean as much now days as it used to. AMD has shown that you dont need stupidly high clock speeds for great performance. Good instruction sets and the design of it do alot more for a processor these days than what raw speed used to. I think thats right. Anyone want to correct me if i got it wrong?

I dont think ill be buying any of this stuff because A. It will be waaaay out of my price range and B. Ive just bought myself an Athlon 64 3500+ on the 939 socket due to the price drop because of the new intel chips being released along with AMD's AM2 socket.

1264cc30.gif

Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz beating a Pentium D 3.6ghz... yeah... :-w :lol: :roll:

ESPECIALLY in FPS.

am i missing something here?

Uhh... yeah. AMD's proven before that GHz mean [cabbage]. Now it's Intel's turn.

Either way, if the benchmarks are off, the price cuts off AMD chips would still be useful :)

Yea, I'm definately going to get one if these benchmarks prove true. It's not like I'm rushing out on July 23rd to get a new computer, in October or so, I think I'll get one. I've never had an AMD processor to my knowledge, so this is good news. I'm going to get an amazingly decked out computer for Crysis/other Vista games. This excites me.

However, didn't AMD recently recall their AM2's and are re-releasing them because of this announcement? Something about reverse hyper-threading...Whatever, I'm still getting Conroe.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

However, didn't AMD recently recall their AM2's and are re-releasing them because of this announcement? Something about reverse hyper-threading...Whatever, I'm still getting Conroe.

That was just a rumor. I guess their working on reverse hyperthreading but it wont be out anytime soon.

Don't worry AMD fanboys, AMD is going to releasing an awsome chip in 6 months called K8L.

goldenblade995.png

It's suppose to be a core 2 duo killer. It's going to be on 65nm process which means they can make more processors per waffer which means it will be cheaper than AMD's current line. Also that means they can raise the mhz.

I am not sure about this one but it might be a quad core. Don't quote me on that.

goldenblade995.png

It said K8L may be able to support DDR3 which would be awsome :) . I heard that DDR2 and 3 are pin compatible so you may not need a platform swich. That's if you already have an AM2 computer.

goldenblade995.png

• 2 weeks later...

That is just rehashing old reviews =\ Which all have had the systems provided by Intel pretty much...

Wait until *after* it is released to the public and then you can check out the reviiews and get a better picture

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

Cool, let's compare next-gen Intel and current-gen AMD some more! =D>

That's what makes it so much fun! :lol:

The Intel Hype MachineÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâî has been working over time on these babies to make up for the last few years of AMD lashings.

In the gaming benchmarks the FX62 stands up to Core 2 duo but in the media programs it comes up far behind Core 2 duo.

Most of todays games are more graphics intensive than anything so you wouldn't see any major difference in CPU usage. The graphics card is what counts.