Photo Gallery - Updated 06/07/2011

greenslime89

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

Nice, you're back :thumbsup:

I cant think of how it feels to go from 70-200 to 15-30 all of a sudden :P I use my 10-22 ALOT.

(And I will be using it all the time during my vacation in France, because I just bought a B+W Circ. Polarizer MRC slim 77mm :thumbup: )

You should enter the next photo competition which will probably start soon ;)

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow there's some old names I completely forgot about in this thread...

OT: I like the first water droplet, it looks really good. However, with the second and third. Whatever that brown thing is in the top right corner ruins them :(

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Love the third one..... you should try milk and food coloring in your next one. :grin:

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

Wow there's some old names I completely forgot about in this thread...

OT: I like the first water droplet, it looks really good. However, with the second and third. Whatever that brown thing is in the top right corner ruins them :(

Yeah for the ones with the brown thing in the corner the set up wasn't especially good. I reckon it's a reflection from the plastic bag or one of the many reflective surfaces in the set up:

5328147200_b72f035d0e_z.jpg

I've since made a different set up out of a cardboard box, which was used for the most recent one:

5351966794_bb692fab33_z.jpg

Apologies for the shocking quality!

With this set up there are fewer reflections. I used this set up for the most recent one but changed the colours to see if it looked better. Here's the original straight from the camera:

5339058397_7ab1811ac0.jpg

What I'm hoping to do next is try longer shutter speeds with flash, so that the flash will freeze the water drop (hopefully at the right time!) and the longer shutter speed will make the water smoother. Might give the drop a bit more 'pop'.

Love the third one..... you should try milk and food coloring in your next one.

I'll give that a go, should be interesting!

That is a[bleep]ing cool light trail. The best thing abut it is that it is not thin. The light trail is thick and it looks good.

Thanks! Just wish the background trees and what not were sharper - though I don't know if it's poor focussing or too shallow DOF or if it's just motion blur. I'm suspecting motion blur as it was a 20 second exposure and I recall it being somewhat windy at the time.

Hey, do you mind posting the new photos in the same posts where you say "updated with ___"?

My computer can't handle loading all the pictures that are found on the first page, but I'd really like to see your photos.

It's just that every time I do, none of the pictures load properly for me because there are so many, and my computer has a melt down.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

On your new set up you might want to watch how little paper you use... I can tell in the picture.

PAINT PL0X?

papern.png

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

Hey, do you mind posting the new photos in the same posts where you say "updated with ___"?

My computer can't handle loading all the pictures that are found on the first page, but I'd really like to see your photos.

It's just that every time I do, none of the pictures load properly for me because there are so many, and my computer has a melt down.

I think all the new ones are on my Flickr if that helps at all. I'll do what you suggested though :)

On your new set up you might want to watch how little paper you use... I can tell in the picture.

PAINT PL0X?

papern.png

Ah good point, now you've pointed it out it's really obvious. I'm thinking I'll maybe try again now my slave flash has arrived! I'll see how it is with no paper, cos I prefer the colour at the front more than that at the back.

PAINT PL0X?

papern.png

Ah good point, now you've pointed it out it's really obvious. I'm thinking I'll maybe try again now my slave flash has arrived! I'll see how it is with no paper, cos I prefer the colour at the front more than that at the back.

Oh by PAINT PL0X? I meant mspaint example... XD but sure

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

Much better :thumbup: This kind of photography is extremely addicting though - beware :P Once you get into two colours of food colouring... fun fun fun!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Much better :thumbup: This kind of photography is extremely addicting though - beware :P Once you get into two colours of food colouring... fun fun fun!

Indeed, but I only had four decent batteries so my master flash had poundland's finest powering it so quite a few shots where the flash hadn't charged! That was frustrating, but quite enjoying the process.

• 4 months later...

I always enjoy looking at your stuff. A few things I have pulled out for critique:

I feel as if the bird photos are all rather bland. It is the sky, which is visually uninteresting and doesn't complement the bird. You can't change that, I suppose. The bird is well composed within the frame, generally. My favourite photo is the last one. The leaf leads to some interesting and striking framing. The colour variation, and contrast works for me, and I feel as if this is the strongest shot. The rest are meh.

lampost_sig_stark.png

I always enjoy looking at your stuff. A few things I have pulled out for critique:

I feel as if the bird photos are all rather bland. It is the sky, which is visually uninteresting and doesn't complement the bird. You can't change that, I suppose. The bird is well composed within the frame, generally. My favourite photo is the last one. The leaf leads to some interesting and striking framing. The colour variation, and contrast works for me, and I feel as if this is the strongest shot. The rest are meh.

Ah it's a good point, the sky wasn't 100% blue, quite hazy today, plus for some of the shots the background was cloud. I'll see if I can boost the saturation of just the background!