Photo Gallery - Updated 06/07/2011

greenslime89

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fireworks didn't happen to be at Scone palace/racecourse by any chance?

They were indeed, and "Wang Dang Delta" were there - were you there?

I was watching it from the upstairs window of my house, Got a decent view too.

Took a quick snap with my rubbish camera, it doesn't really do it any justice :P

fwet3.jpg

sig2ho7.jpg

The display was spectacular wasn't it?

Indeed. I had totally forgotten about them at the time until I started hearing loud bangs. It was loud where I was, it must have been amazing right beside them :shock:

sig2ho7.jpg

I was worried about the noise damaging my camera. It was loud but the guy next to me was happy enough to take photos with his D2Xs, a very expensive Nikon camera. So I eased up a little. It was very, very loud. I'm not too sure I like loud fireworks...

Amazing photos you got there :D

I really wish I could have my Nikon D80 delivered soon and take good photos like you and Woopidoo :P

sig3j.jpg

If you have a goal, go for it :D Work hard, be proud and be yourself ;)

reedit1.jpg

reedit1.jpg

i edited them so they were straight, but now that i look at it they see off. owell, tell me what you think

so i tried again

reedit2.jpg

reedit2.jpg

now they look nice

i needed to straighten it by 9% rotation :shame:

:XD: jk, love the other photos. i can tell your a fan of photography

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

beautifull!

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My big news:

I just got the best news I've had for a long time. I've been commended for a photo competition. All schools in Scotland were invited to take part in this and I've won a prize! I don't know what it is yet but I get to go to the awards ceremony at Dynamic Earth - expenses paid. I can't wait. This is the biggest thing I've won in photography ever. I got it for one of my most recent photos titled "Me and My Shadow":

img0091smallfu7.jpg

I really doubted that would win anything but my parents and friends said I should put it in and see what happens. I'm glad I did! The ceremony is the 14th of November and I won't know what I've won till then. As far as I know, my photo will be displayed in Dynamic Earth for a while afterwards, so I'm really pleased with myself.

My big news:

I just got the best news I've had for a long time. I've been commended for a photo competition. All schools in Scotland were invited to take part in this and I've won a prize! I don't know what it is yet but I get to go to the awards ceremony at Dynamic Earth - expenses paid. I can't wait. This is the biggest thing I've won in photography ever. I got it for one of my most recent photos titled "Me and My Shadow":

img0091smallfu7.jpg

I really doubted that would win anything but my parents and friends said I should put it in and see what happens. I'm glad I did! The ceremony is the 14th of November and I won't know what I've won till then. As far as I know, my photo will be displayed in Dynamic Earth for a while afterwards, so I'm really pleased with myself.

Congratulations! =D>

Its a good photo indeed, like there is some sort of a mirror in the sky.

I hope you like your prize, let me know what it will be in the end :wink:

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

• 2 months later...

My favorites:

[hide=Photo]

15vd8.jpg[/hide]

^Because of the focus^

[hide=Photo]

62383508xf6.jpg[/hide]

^Good DoF, but the right white blur could be cut off.^

It seems like you use a low F number, a big part of these photos are focused on a small part. (At the orange bellied-bird, dont know the proper name, I see alot of focus on the grass)

Thats a shame, some photos really have potential if the whole subject would be sharp. Like this one, sharp head, but its feet and wings are blurry.

I wonder, did you use a tripod? Alot photos are blurry, and again the F number makes a small part of the object sharp.

2 things to work on, try a higher F number and try a tripod for long focal lengths when you photograph birds. :wink:

This makes me want to go to my park, with a lake :)

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

The new shots are pretty nice, but I might suggest going again on a brighter day. There seems to be noise from what seems to be high ISO, and possible blur from slow shutter speeds. A brighter day could possibly solve both of these problems. Over all nice shooting though, by favorite being the one of the white bird with its feet just leaving the water.

mybest_1.jpg

-All sigs by me.

[My Gallery]

I didn't use a tripod, simply because I was moving around too much for it to be useful, plus the one I have won't support the weight of my lens and body.

I had my ISO set to 200-400 and I had the aperture wide open at F/2.8, but when I was shooting the light was fading.

I will be going back at some point but I like the movement in the wings. That's my personal opinion though.

I was quite pleased with the lack of blur considering my shutter speeds were around 1/50s and 1/250s with the effective focal length being 300mm.

I do see your point though.

• 6 months later...