4 July 2006 - Security and free-to-play update - the Strongh

Taito2004

Why not learn how to keep your account secure whilst having fun in game? Now all of our players can, be they members or free players, level 3 to 126. When the Barbarians moved their mining operations to the centre of the village, little did they know that they would unearth the strangest dungeon yet encountered in RuneScape. Haunted by lost spirits which seem to have taken over the doors and infested with beasts never seen before, it makes an adventure and a half simply getting through each of the four levels.

The doors in the area will ask you questions about account security, and the best ways to make your account safe, such as using recovery questions. Take your time to think about the questions they ask and the answers available, and youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll get through the dungeon in no time at all. Remember their advice, and you can learn a thing or two on the way. After all, secure accounts are the best kind of accounts!

You can find out more about it by picking up a book in your local general store and investigating the first part of the dungeon thoroughly. As well as some new creatures and talking doors you might also pick yourself up a reward or two! Plunder the treasures of the Stronghold of Security to find new boots, a new sceptre, 4 new emotes and a whole heap of golden shiny things. Be aware that like any other dungeon with monsters, if you die you WILL lose your equipment, so come prepared for combat.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:

Skull Sceptre

Skull Sceptres are staves containing the power of a teleport spell that will return you to the Barbarian Village 5 times. You can construct a Skull Sceptre by collecting the parts from monster drops.

The Gift of Peace

The Vault of War is a violent place, but War respects a warrior and is willing to offer a gift to those strong enough. For fighting your way through the Vault of War you will be rewarded with this chest, containing coins and a new emote for you to use.

The Grain of Plenty

Though the Catacomb of Famine is an arid place there is food there, albeit locked off from the Catacomb's inhabitants. The Grain of Plenty is the reward for making it through the starved corridors of the Catacomb of Famine. It contains coins and a new emote.

The Box of Health

The Pit of Pestilence is a decidedly unhealthy place to spend too long in, so it is only right that the Box of Health should wait for those who manage to make it to the central chamber. The Box of Health not only contains coins and an emote, but will also restore all of your stats.

The Cradle of Life

The Gift of Life waits for only those adventurers strong enough and bold enough to defeat the Sepulchre of Death. You must have your recovery questions set to receive your prize. Within the Cradle are two pairs of boots, but you may only take one. If you change your mind and decide you'd like the other pair better, return to the Cradle to swap them.

Fancy Boots

These boots are one of the pairs you may choose from the Cradle of Life, and a delightfully decorative pair they are. They come with a number of bonuses and will make a fine addition to anyone's wardrobe.

Fighting Boots

For those among you who desire boots that look as brutal as possible. These horn-tipped warriors' boots not only tell your enemies that you're equipped to deal with them, but look quite spiffing with most types of armour.

http://kbase.runescape.com/lang/en/aff/ ... le_id=2618

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

I know! Woo! :D ..More emotes to add to my list.. mwhahahaha..

The new ones are:

Idea

Slap Head

Stamp

Flap

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

Ooh, i couldn t click the article in the KB that was linked to them for some reason.

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

At the begining, you can search a Dead Explorer to get a book of stronghold notes.

scurebook3xz.png

Full reward list:

'Flap' emote

'Slap Head' emote

'Idea' emote

'Stamp' emote

10007 gp (10k)

Boots (either Colourful or Fighting boots)

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Someone on the general board has the full spectre

Woot, one of first in RS to get?

scepter4ll.png

Flesh Crawlers or whatever drop really good runes as well, I got 400+ in 3 or 4 mins and some dust runes also

I didnt bother just got the 10k an left

wah i died from skele i was on my pure :wall: lost all my runes.. 1k laws

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

One the questions is like

"Where can you get cheats to runescape?"

"Website"

"Search"

"You can't"

Everyone at the end chest got a laugh out of me saying;

"Where can you get cheats to runescape - the varrock cheat shop"

The boots are neat looking, everyone will be wearing them soon so they won't be that cool. It was a little fun update. Forced me to set my recovery questions to get the boots and last emote.

if someone could tell us the parts being dropped by each monster.

The pink ghost thingies drop left ha̮̱f :P

skeles dropped me nothing so far and ghosts dropped lots of junk :P

EDIT: minotaurs drop the right half.

And wolves didn't drop me anything yet.

I'm thinking its 1 part from each lvl.

if someone could tell us the parts being dropped by each monster.

The pink ghost thingies drop left haÃÆïÃâÿÃâýf :P

skeles dropped me nothing so far and ghosts dropped lots of junk :P

EDIT: minotaurs drop the right half.

And wolves didn't drop me anything yet.

I'm thinking its 1 part from each lvl.

minotaurs(1), flesh crawlers(2), capletons(3) and aurors(4). These sound right, I know I mispelled.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

Minoutaur - rigth skull half

Flesh crawlers - bottom staff part

Chimera lookin thingys - top staff part

Purple zombie things - Left skull half

MarkNoZeros.png

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.