Do you get judged?

SirHartlar

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nowdays, prejudice isn't expressed as it was, let's say, 50 years ago. There's no longer physical violence and the authorithies are now, supposedly, against prejudice/racism.

Today, it's much more psycological, and, as a psycological agression, you can train your mind to "ignore" it, or make it less painfull. Of course you still won't have as many opportunities as you would if you weren't a victim of prejudice, but it won't feel so bad for you.

With time, and with that kind of attittude prejudice will slowly disappear.

Of course it's not easy, that's why the prejudice problem is still unsolved, on this I agree partially with you: of course you will still suffer, but you can suffer less. You would suffer if you got angry every time you were victim of prejudice, if you ignore it, you may suffer less.

Your example blows my point, because it's an example of what would happen 50 years ago: you can't ignore the KKK chasing you, but you can try to ignore a shop keeper that thinks you are a criminal.

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

Meh people judge me way too much, they think I'm some sort of ebil witch :S My reply would be "atleast I ain't a [bad word here] chav!!" But I let it hang around my neck.

i am a paint noob

Your example blows my point, because it's an example of what would happen 50 years ago: you can't ignore the KKK chasing you, but you can try to ignore a shop keeper that thinks you are a criminal.

True, but there are equally racial acts like this going on today. At least, there are where I live.

True, but there are equally racial acts like this going on today. At least, there are where I live.

What acts? I can't think of any.

michaelsigwm5.gif

"apinagez... let me

There have been race riots (quite) near my area in the past few years. My friend's father was rejected from his job for being black (I have to go on his word, of course, but from that it was pretty obvious). I mean, I personally see judgement on race becoming prejudice regardless of whether people cared. My mate's dad didn't care, he just wanted the best qualified person for the job to get it. That was him, and he didn't.

Last Christmas, the whole idea of 'political correctness' went ridiculous. Christmas lights couldn't be called that as councils said it may offend Muslims, Jews and other people with different religions. I'm no religion and it didn't affect me, I know lots of Muslim people and they didn't care either.

I appreciate this just might be my cultural area, but from here, judgement, or rather false judgement, has become prejudice, no question.

Where I live there haven't been anything like racial riots in a very long time, but of course job discrimination still happens, and that's the kind of discrimination that, in my opinion, can be solved by the change of mentality I explained.

Political correctness is usually ridiculous, I'd even say it's a new form of prejudice.

michaelsigwm5.gif

"apinagez... let me

By the way, it's interesting to read this thread and the "What's your reputation?" thread. Quite a few contradictions.

mind pointing out, im actually quite *curiouse?

i get judged because i listen to death metal and gauge my ears. i don't no why people can be so cruel, i just assume they get picked on so they pick on me to feel better, hey as long as you feel good about yourself...

sorosigjq5.jpg

Yeah...well...I judge people... :oops:

And I can tell when people judge me.

Especially in school. :roll:

All them damn [bleep]s....

^Haha, didn't know they changed it to another word. :lol:

[Admin Edit: No naming names in a negative light]

Yeah. I'm judged probably everyday. I don't care though. :D People can think what they want about me. I have nothing to prove to them. No respect for them either.

Are you a tomboy?

Pfft, it doesn't matter what she is.

She is an awesome person.

(What you said was a judgement/generalization in itself.)

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

well... being arab...in a american school...

i get judged pretty badly :cry:

what people may say... on rs and in rl

" Please don't boom me !"

:notalk:

Thats really ignorant of people. Just because you may be arab doesn't mean your going to "bomb" them. A whole race shouldn't be judged because of the actions of some people.

Anyways, at my school I get judged and labeled everyday as an "emo". Its really annoying, I just choose not to pay attention to them.

quakingmoose.png

3 Solo Hilts (2 Saradomin, 1 Bandos)

10 Solo Saradomin Swords

48 Abyssal Whips

217 Barrows Items

I do not judge people by there book cover, I let there true colors show and if I don't like what I see, then I move on. As for people judging me, I really don't care what others have to say about me because I am my worst critic. So anything they have to say to me I already know about myself. And I still wuv myself. :3> :wink: No- one is perfect or the same thank goodness cause that would be just too boring for me. :roll:

queenvalerie.png

Yeah. I'm judged probably everyday. I don't care though. :D People can think what they want about me. I have nothing to prove to them. No respect for them either.

Are you a tomboy?

Aw, thank you, MPC. ^_^

People do tend to call me a tomboy. Even my parents. I'm not a "typical" girl. I don't like shopping, I own one pair of shoes, I own most of my male friends at Halo and other video games, I wear T-shirts, and I can't cook.

3898000bYVcx.png

Aw, thank you, MPC. ^_^

People do tend to call me a tomboy. Even my parents. I'm not a "typical" girl. I don't like shopping, I own one pair of shoes, I own most of my male friends at Halo and other video games, I wear T-shirts, and I can't cook.

haha being a tombay is fine

that remembers me "MADE", the tomboy one. quite funny, even though she couldnt eat with a fork :?

I probably do get judged because i listen to metal and have a facial piercing, but i don't let it bother me. The only people that will pass judgement on me because of my appearance are the kind of people i wouldn't want in my life anyway.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

i get judged because i listen to death metal and gauge my ears. i don't no why people can be so cruel, i just assume they get picked on so they pick on me to feel better, hey as long as you feel good about yourself...

death metal... :shame:

bloodyrbsig5lh.gif

death metal... :shame:

dont worry about it, its dead anyway

Are you a tomboy?

Duh she is an awesome person.

From what I know about her, it was just an assumption.

(looks at post topic)

dumb question...

every one does. if you dont think you get judged, you probably dont know it, but you do.

Ok well you did point out that it was a dumb question so I forgive you.

If you read my post you would have known that I get judged and I am absolutely aware of it.

I found that classifying myself works the best, because then if somone does classify you, you know who you are, and you can deffend that.

Nerds rock!

o rly? :roll:

What do you mean by this... basicly im saying i dont care about others opinons cause i am who i am... a nerd. I dont give a [cabbage] if other people dont like nerds.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!