Advice Needed.

Biabf

Recently I brought a bb gun from a well know supplier in the UK.

The problems started as soon as I got it.

- They promised 1k free bb pellets, I only received 250.

- They said on the site it had a magasine capable of holding 24 pellets yet it would only store 13.

- Part of the gun arrived broken, the slide which you use to [rooster] the gun had a broken screw socket. I thought this wouldn't matter too much but when the other one broke it fell apart. The gun is now impossible to [rooster], therefore I am unable to use it. This happened within a week of it arriving, it was not dropped once and I use only the proper ammo.

I recently sent a complaint to them, they promised a reply within 3 working days. It has been 9 days, no reply.

What should I do?

sig5235ro7.jpg

I would suggest contacting them agian and threating legal action if they do not respond within 3 days. You could probably get adecent courtcase on selling unrealiable products, especially if the unrealiability could be dangerous. anywho, goodluck

Legal action for ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã24? Wouldn't the solicitor cost more than I would get back?

Thanks.

sig5235ro7.jpg

Legal action for ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã24? Wouldn't the solicitor cost more than I would get back?

Thanks.

File case in the Small Claims court. (not sure what its called exactly in UK)

You might get a decent ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã1000.00 or less if you're succesfull.

Get one of those lawyers who only get payed if you win the case.

Be sure you can back your claims though.

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

Hmm... Might be more trouble than it's worth. Do you think that treatening legal action will scare them into give me a replacement?

sig5235ro7.jpg

Hmm... Might be more trouble than it's worth. Do you think that treatening legal action will scare them into give me a replacement?

Theres three things you can do.

1.) Ask nicely, which you did already.

2.) Threathen Legal action, which you're considering right now.

3.) Go to court, which is your last resort.

If that company knows they are at fault, then it is in their best interest to give you a replacement quickly, or risk losing a lot of money in court.

You should try bluffing first:

Give them the problem you're having.

Tell them you tried to contact them earlier.

And then say if they don't act fast, you will be forced to go to court.

And make it appear that you really mean it.

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

Theres three things you can do.

1.) Ask nicely, which you did already.

2.) Threathen Legal action, which you're considering right now.

3.) Go to court, which is your last resort.

If that company knows they are at fault, then it is in their best interest to give you a replacement quickly, or risk losing a lot of money in court.

You should try bluffing first:

Give them the problem you're having.

Tell them you tried to contact them earlier.

And then say if they don't act fast, you will be forced to go to court.

And make it appear that you really mean it.

Hehe, In my message I think I covered all those last points.

Here is what I wrote (some editted out):

Order Id [EDITED]

I recently brought a Sig Sauer P228

- You promised 1k free bb pellets, I only received 250.

- You said on the site it had a magasine capable of holding 24 pellets yet it would only store 13.

- Part of the gun arrived broken, the slide which you use to rooster the gun had a broken screw socket. I thought this wouldn't matter too much but when the other one broke it fell apart. The gun is now impossible to load, therefore I am unable to use it. This happened within a week of it arriving, it was not dropped once and I use only the proper ammo.

This is the second query I have sent. I still have the parts, if you continue you ignore my complaints I will continue with legal action.

sig5235ro7.jpg

Hah! They have now changed the 3 'we will reply within 3 working days' to we will reply shortly.'

Not because of me of course but I wonder why they changed it.

sig5235ro7.jpg

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/

They will be able to answer any of your questions better than anyone here.

File case in the Small Claims court. (not sure what its called exactly in UK)

You might get a decent ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã1000.00 or less if you're succesfull.

Get one of those lawyers who only get payed if you win the case.

Be sure you can back your claims though.

You won't get more than you lost on the product. Also, people represent themselves in the small claims court, generally solicitors aren't used and you certainly won't get a no-win no-fee agreement.

The people to contact are consumerdirect. They will most likely then tell you to contact the trading standards office nearest to the business address of the company you bought it from.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

threatening legal action i think was reacting a little to rashly to quickly. you might come off as someone who threatens but wont follow through. since you already did it, all you can hope for is them to fix the problem. im not sure what it is in other countries, or if it works the same way, but there is a $200 problem minimum to take anyone to court over small claims in the USA. the court wont accept claims smaller than that. you would have to go another way as someone suggested, by suing for unreliable products. might be harder, but if this has happened to others it may become a class action lawsuit.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I hadn't actually sent the message yet. I editted the end bit so I didn't threaten legal action but that I was quite annoyed. My dad says he'll sort it out if they blank my message again.

Thanks everyone.

sig5235ro7.jpg

you are ridiculous.

i think you should take your case to watchdog - they're WELL GOOD. By the way, i'm joking.

Don't take legal action - this is NOT America.

take a look on the Trading Consumer Act or whatever site, it's good and i'm sure you can have some fun quoting various acts. Threats don't get you far unless you know what you're talking about - quote acts and they'll be shaking in their preverbial 'BBoots'.

-o-

Don't take legal action - this is NOT America.

Sir, please explain to me why the courts exist if not to protect the people.

Courts are to protect normal, innocent people. This young man has bought a BB gun and wants ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã24 back. Fight for justice, fight for the right, no; he just wants ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã24. Taking this to court would be a great waste of public money.

-o-

Courts are to protect normal, innocent people. This young man has bought a BB gun and wants ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã24 back. Fight for justice, fight for the right, no; he just wants ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã24. Taking this to court would be a great waste of public money.

You're an idiot.

In your first sentence you suggest that he is somehow at fault. In your final sentence you say it would be a waste of public money - small claims court fees have to be paid by the loser of the case - not the public; it is a civil court - not a criminal one.

Get a clue before spouting your pap here.

You need to get a clue before trying to rebuke what I say with even more pap.

If you actually bother to read my post I think you'll find that I said the loser pays the fees, I didn't say "the loser pays the settlement but the public pays the fees".

Anyway, you've still not said how Biabf isn't completely innocent in this scenario.

I will keep saying pap to you as long as you keep coming out with it.

In countries of the EU, you have a 2 year warranty on practically everything. IF you have the check, and they didn't give you one, you could contact someone who has these things on his hands (a governmantal worker).

Just for not giving you a warranty on this thing they could get into serious trouble and you should get your money back.

And if you have the warranty, use it.

18/22 skills at or better than 60.

1300+ skill total.

Barrows:Torag's Helm x2, Guthan's Helm, Guthan's Warspear, Dharok's Greataxe, died to dharok, Guthan's Platebody, Ahrim's Hood. All in a total of 104 runs.

Ooh forgot about this.

I got a reply the next day, they sent me a form. I just mail the filled-in form and broken gun back and I get a replacement if they find it to not work (which they will).

Will do this soon.

sig5235ro7.jpg

Good man. Also in this whole thread I didn't see anything about actually calling them, maybe I missed it? I for one sometimes forget when doing business online that if I am not happy filling out a complaint form/email is not my only option. There is also the good old telephone!!