The recognize-a-cover game!

Oy_the_Great

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Course it wasn't directed at you, it was directed at me. So now I officially have to beat up Matt. I'll have to break your nose again you Mr. Nice Guy you :wink:

Besides, he added (generalising) to it.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

lol i dont mean you Oy either. While you didnt get the U2 one right you did give a great explanation about a different album it could have been lol ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

lol i dont mean you Oy either. While you didnt get the U2 one right you did give a great explanation about a different album it could have been lol ^_^

Hehe I was kidding Merc my man :) Adn U2 isn't really my thing either, too... radio-ish.

Anyway; here's a new cover:

naamlooshm8.jpg

It's a giveaway, but it keeps this thread alive :)

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Grrrr, I know that album.

Who doesn't? This album was the real breakthrough album for this amazingly popular band.

heinzny2.jpg

Ooooh oooooh. That one I know!!!!

Octavarium by Dream Theater.

I'll post later today.

Edit - Ok here we go.

notmakingthesamemistakeagainyv4.png

Should be pretty easy.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/40/Different_class_album_cover.jpg

Yes its Pulp - Different Class

The album was the winner of the 1996 Mercury Prize, and was voted the 37th greatest album of all time in a 1998 poll by Q magazine. A "deluxe edition" re-release of Different Class is to be released on August 28th 2006

the pic reminds me of the godfather

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

Cover us up, Daan.

heinzny2.jpg

Come on people. Don't tell me everybody still knows what the album is, but they just aren't saying it to keep everything fun. >.> This is by perhaps the greatest American artist of all times.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

K heres mine...

fivedollarsisonmydesk.jpg

It should be fairly easy I guess, not a very popular group but they had one really big hit.

PS- Dont yell at me for the extremly bad job, just reformated my harddrive about a week ago and havent installed Paintshop or anything of the sort :?

Come on people. Don't tell me everybody still knows what the album is, but they just aren't saying it to keep everything fun. >.> This is by perhaps the greatest American artist of all times.

Bob Dylan was definately the most influential musician the US has until this day. But it's always very hard to argue who's the greatest. However other (lost) souls thinks J.Lo is better.

heinzny2.jpg

Yea. But Dylan is widely considered to be the greatest. J.LO and many others aren't.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I love how all the people (generalising) on Tip.It claim to be these music "experts" listening to really obscure bands :^o and yet cant guess a U2 album, or this one from 1995... :roll:

This clue "They didnt want to live like Royalty" is a dead giveaway to a song they did. The album also contains a "millenium party"

And there are people like me, who listen to a lot of bands, but own very few albums and have seen the covers of not much more than those they own :P

I love how all the people (generalising) on Tip.It claim to be these music "experts" listening to really obscure bands :^o and yet cant guess a U2 album, or this one from 1995... :roll:

This clue "They didnt want to live like Royalty" is a dead giveaway to a song they did. The album also contains a "millenium party"

And there are people like me, who listen to a lot of bands, but own very few albums and have seen the covers of not much more than those they own :P

Well, you could also keep all music in seperate maps, like I do:

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/5289/naamloosqg3.jpg

And then there's a number of albums, each in a map, per artist. I may not be well-structured in anything else, I am when it comes down to music :)

heinzny2.jpg