Help me with a keylogger problem

Zash

Dear fellow TipIters,

I have reason to believe I have a keylogger on my computer. The file name is something like "LZ0.NFO". I was hoping that someone here either has had an experience with this little pesky program or if they know how to fix it.

What I did to try to resolve the problem:

1. Ran Spybot S&D...didnt catch it.

2. Ran AdAware...didnt catch it.

3. Tried Hijack This...didnt catch it.

4. Then i remembered to lock down my internet, just in case, with ZoneAlarm

5. Did a registry check...nothing.

6. Used McAffee Virus Scan 8.0i with Antivirus module, got the file saying it couldn't scan it (it was encrypted)

7. Went into the file itself and deleted it, then restarted comp to check if it got put back in there.

8. Then I remembered and tried a system restore.

If anyone has any other suggestions how to protect my comp or to further root out this evil (I HATE THAT THING!!!), please notify me. Thank you very much, and I would really appreciate any help.

if all the scanners didnt work then i dont think it was a keylogger but deleting it might have been the best choice or you can break your computer somehow then call the repair men then ask if he can get rid of any viruses

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I have a plan involving 4 nails and a big hammer...

If you have tried all of those, the only other thing I can think of is to start in safe mode, set system restore to off, wipe the file, run Spybot (in safe mode). Then download Killbox and run that, both in normal mode and safe mode. If noone of that works, revert to plan A (the hammer)

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

Save all your files to discs, and "factory restore" your computer. Hope you have good luck, I let one get on my computer.. it was bad.

On a sidenote, make sure you bank all of your items, behind a pin, and have nothing in your inventory.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

What is the program :-s dont open it delete/uninstall it right away

Clearly you have no idea how a keyloggerworks/how viruses in general work/how Windows XP works. If it were that simple, he would not be making a post on it.

Now go and flush your head down the loo to save me the trouble of doing it for you.

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

Clearly you have no idea how a keyloggerworks/how viruses in general work/how Windows XP works. If it were that simple, he would not be making a post on it.

Now go and flush your head down the loo to save me the trouble of doing it for you.

i clearly do :-s it is something that tracks all the keys you type in to steal all your information

i clearly do :-s it is something that tracks all the keys you type in to steal all your information

Congratulations, you can interpret a word. Unfortunately I did not ask you what a keylogger was, as that is pretty self-evident considering the name. I said that you don't know how they work, which is something entirely different.

I am not going to turn this into a flame war with you.

To author: Have you fixed it yet?

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

Check your C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32 folder

Right click in there, and say arrange, Last time modified.

take a screen shot of it, and post it here.(make sure its the most recent ones.)

ill see if i see anything suspicious

Thanks to all, I think the problem's been fixed.

So far nothing has happened to my account or whatnot, and I have my bank pin and stuff. Perhaps the Virus Scan took care of it, because ive scanned my comp again and nothing popped up. I everything is back to normal :pray: .

Of course, there's always reformatting your hard drive and reinstalling Windows and all that.

Also try and get Windows Defender(Beta 2), a program called KL-Detector, Bazooka Scanner, and if you have the money, Spyware Doctor 3.8 or SpySweeper.

If this program is as mighty to outlast all that...we've got us a problem on the net...