The Average Day in the Life of a Mod (Last Update July 11th)

I play on World 103 most of the time (most of my friends use that one, so I do too). I'm switching back and forth from Castle Wars to range and prayer training at the Combat Camp south of the Gnome Stronghold, so I won't always be playing.

July 10th

Well, today didn't hold much excitement for me, and I was planning on taking a few pics, but didn't manage to find anthing worthy of a picture. I'd have gotten a pic of my range leveling up to 58, but it went by too quick. So you'll have to settle for a skill and combat picture.

stats2nq.png

combat7jy.png

Anyways, I managed to snag a red d-hide body for 20k. I'm sure it's worth more, but hey, she offered. (Neither of us knew the price, we both asked our friends; her's came up with 25k and she offered it for 20k. Mine didn't know, so I took the deal.) Only problem is, it takes 60 range to wear it. So, I'm out killing ogres all day to get it there.

You need to kill 132 60 HP Monsters to gain 31,679 XP for level 60 Ranged

This will take a while, I'm sure. I'm also grabbing big bones as I go along, so I may gain a prayer level (according to tip.it planner I need to ecto them all to get 44 prayer, which I don't plan on doing, but I'll get around halfway there without it). I played a few games of Castle Wars and finally remembered to post a few suggestions in the CW post here. Go take a look for some newer tips and tactics to own all your enemies. And most of them don't even take a high combat level, so everyone can manage to get in some kills. :P

Today, since I don't have much material (training is always rather dull), I'll reflect on some things that always occur during a usual game of CW. For one thing, whenever I'm with a group of friends and we're out hunting, all the enemies head for me. Always. It can't be because of my level, because I've tried going with a bunch of level 12s and my lvl 83 and 84 friends and I still got hit. It can't be because I'm a mod, because they attack me before I can say anything. So it seems that they just have an... instinct of some sort that makes them want to kil me. Occasionally someone will refuse to attack me because I'm a mod, and people always apoligize for killing me. You're not really supposed to stand around and say "Oh, oops, sorry, didn't know you were a mod," right after you kill me. Or "Sorry, but I had to kill you anyways." I don't especially want your condolances after you just seriously injured me. Now, I don't mind if you don't attack me, because that's a nice benifit that helps me stay alive. But it's a rather odd thing to do when I'm sitting there killing you with my arrows. And the respect you give me is nice, but you never said anything about not running away from me. I do like the occasional challenge after all. Shooting sitting ducks is fun, but it's excitement fades after a while.

One thing that people always hate me for is my tendancy to lurk around the tunnels and collapse the on unsuspecting enemies. I'm not bad at it when I'm paying attention (I've dealt multiple 90's that way before) but my mind wanders after a few minutes of a standoff between myself and someone across the falling rock zone. Then they dash across as I try to get my timing right. I miss and they slaughter me. But thaty's what my friends are for; they avenge my death with their dd+'s and dragon longswords. Then we sweep across the tunnels, killing as we go, and provide safe passage for our flags. Once I had to collapse the tunnel on a level 110 and my lvl 84 friend to keep the lvl 110 from slaughtering the person who just ran by with the enemy flag. It worked wuite well, and the rest of them had to wait for someone to clear the tunnel before they could come through. And I didn't make clearing the tunnel easy for them. I killed a few more people that way too.....

Anyways, this is your tired, typing player moderatror. See you tomorrow. (or today...)

-Sorator

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

You need to kill 132 60 HP Monsters to gain 31,679 XP for level 60 Ranged

If you want it like that, out quote marks (") around the tip.it ranged calculator. And if you think 132 is hard, I have 940 101hp monsters (experiments) to kill until 70 attack :wall:

Anyway, good blog! And congratulations on becoming a mod :D

Jcfc.jpeg

Thanks everybody for the sigs | 3,956 to 99 fishing | King of BsK 18/09/08 - 18/10/08

Chelsea Supporter | CD Supporter | AfterShock Member

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Cotton Traders

Now what the hell are you waitin' for? After me, there shall be no more, so for one last time, make some noise.

July 11th

While I was training range at the Combat Camp, I met a few people that hadn't seen a lvl 57 mod before. Here's one of them, if you're interested:

lvl57mod4bg.png

I managed to gain one range level, but didn't quite capture the announcement that filled the chat box. I'll try to get it when I get level 60.

rangelevel598sa.png

I managed to do quite well at Castle Wars. I killed many people with my tunneling tricks. Here's two of my earlier shots, later it got to hectic to take screenshots of any of the multiple hits I made. :)

tunneling1dx.png

tunneling26gs.png

As you can probably see, I spent most of today playing castle wars and training range. I managed to get my range up to level 59, tomorrow I'll work on getting it to 60 so I can wear my new red d hide body. (By the way, I'm interested in buying red d hide vambraces and legs, if anyone has them to sell for a price that isn't too bad.) I then ran to Castle Wars andplayed for a while (but only managed to win once). I had lots of fun with my tunneling tricks (PM me if you want some info, or come with me to watch), and bought a lot of runes once I ran out of arrows.

I'm a bit to tired from some RL events to type much more, so goodnight.

-Sorator

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

July 13th

Well, something amazing has happened (for me, at least). I was training range (again) at the combat camp, and while burying some bones I got a zombie random event. I manuvered around so that the zombie was on one side of the fence and I waqs on the other, and shot it to death. Then, to my amazement, it dropped a half of the crystal key! Loop half, as it turned out. Just wondering, but how much is this thing worth? I got a picture of it in my inventory, here it is:

loophalfofkey4mj.png

Now, this is my first drop worth anything more than 20k (I know it's worth more than that, but exactly how much, I don't know. Again, can someone tell me market price for this?), so it's a bit of a milestone for me. :) I'm hoping I'll be able to sell it for a huge amount. Another question for you: Where's thechest that the whole key unlocks, and what is in it? I think I remember something about an uncut dragonstone, but I'd like to know for sure. My friend insisted that it was worthless and gave me the other half, so now I have the whole key. Should I sell it or find and unlock the chest? And where is the chest, anyways?

Here's the two pieces of the key seperate:

bothhalvesofkey0py.png

Another things that happened today was my gaining of range level 60.

level60range4hd.png

I have a new red d-hide body, but still have only blue legs and vambraces. If anyone's interested in selling these to me for a fair price, PM me on these forums. Here's a picture of what I look like now:

newreddhidebody9nc.png

Tomorrow, I'll be playing C Wars all day in celebration on world 103, probably starting at around 11:00am central time (noon eastern time), probably on Saradomin to start. Come join me if you want to. :)

Here's what you should bring if you're coming with me:

Weapon(s), armour, and ammo/runes of choice (should be able to shoot/cast 150+ times, preferably 250+)

Your best pickaxe (preferably rune)

Potions if desired

16-20 free inventory spaces

Once the game starts:

Rangers and mages: Grab 4 cades, 8 explosive pots, a tinderbox, and the rest as bandages.

Warriors: 2 cades, 2 explode pots, rest as bandages.

Once you're full, meet in the south tunnel of our team (usually Saradomin). We'll go through the tunnels and into the enemy supply room, then help as needed. I'll try to say someof this again in the waiting room, but looking this over would be nice.

When we are fighting multiple enemies: Kill everyone under the level of 40 as quick as you can, then gang up on the higher level people. If you can use protection prayers, then do so. There's no point in having prayer levels if you don't use them when it matters. In general, try to use your common sense.

If you die: Restock on all your stuff and try to return to our last location. Try to have added at least 2 of the other people going with us so you can contact them in case we've moved.

If anyone sees the enemy flag, or our flagbearer in trouble, tell one of the others so we can come to help them out.

In general, just have fun! I know this may sound like a lot of rules, but I'm just trying to do as well as possible. You don't rewally have to follow these, they're really just suggestions to help us do better. The most important thing is having fun, so keep that in mind. :)

Well, this is your newly leveled p-mod. Until tomorrow's festivities,

-Sorator

Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Big grats on the 60 range 8-) . I might have some leftover red d hide.

As for the half keys, they are usually about 30-35k each. I can show you where the chest is if you want because it's hard to explain. Best I can tell you is it's in a long building in Taverly. I'm assuming you know what's in the chest.

Anyways if I wake up early enough, I'll be happy to join you in CW =D.

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

Heh. It's fun with you too. :)

Well, here's a few pic's from today. The day's not over yet, so my official blog post isn't ready (as usual), but here's some pics:

chestrewards4ui.png

I opened the chest to find..... an uncut dragon stone and half of the key I just used. Weird, eh?

tunneling31aq.png

One of the pics of my tunneling. I sadly hit one enemy and one ally, but oh well. The guy deserved it, he called me a name. *sniff*

nicepersongivesmesetofreddarmo.png

One person was very nice and noticed that I only had a red d hide body, and blue legs and vambs. She gave me a full set of red d hide, so I now look quite spiffy. :D Thanks again, whoever you are! (I'm bad with long names, I only remember that it starts with a 'k', lol. Ah wait, it's in the picture.)

Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Nice blog, I really enjoy reading it :D .

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Wow, your lucky free red dragon hide.... Must be having to do with you being a mod, because when I offer 50k for full red, everyone ignores me.... Congrats on the half key from the chest too, you can sell the dragonstone for 60k and then buy the other half key for 30-35k, get another dragonstone along with more stuff, sell the dragonstone, try to buy 2 half keys for 30k each, and repeat. You could make possibly good money that way :D . I hope more people end up taking an interest in this blog, I don't want this to become forgotten.... :(

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

who exactly did you report to become a player mod?

everyone who abused any of the rules???

seems to me it would take awhile :?

Just anyone I saw breaking the rules. No one in paticular. Also, whenever anyone asks this, I'm supposed to remind them that there's not set amount of people you have to report to be a mod. Many people have this misunderstanding.

It did take a while. 2 years of playing. :P

I've been running errands and doing stuff in a large city nearby most of today, so I haven't gotten to play RS any. So, no blog for today.

Also, a note to everyone (I'll put it up on the front page as well): A week from Monday, I'm going to be gone to camp for all week. No internet there (at best they have a laptop or two for running a few key things), so I won't be around then either.

Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Ohhh.. a low level PMOD.. my sister is one.. I know how her usual conversation with a random person goes...

---

"Wat is that by ure name?

O. Can u mute me?

plz"

-----

"Wow, jagex must be getting desperate...mods are getting lower & lower leveled."

---

"how u b a mamadater?!!?!?"

---

"hey [sister's rsn here], I have a question about my main, and it's banned..."

---

"ur a goody goody"

---

My sister's average day of conversations...Sometimes I am glad I'm not a mod.

I respect you lower leveled moderators for putting up with all the harsh words from the jealous higher levels. Keep reporting muting, whatever.

Be happy! Regret nothing! \' :-w

Faith

You've taken the words out of my mouth (in regard to the average conversations).

I'm having a bit of trouble and I won't be able to get on RS for an indefinate (unknown) amount of time, so I may not be posting on here for a while. Hopefully it'll be fixed by the time I get back form camp, but you never know. I will return sometime, though; just might be a while. :)

Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A note: This will be revived sometime tomorrow. :)

Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg