The Battle Rages On - Terraspace

JacobRyan

terraspacematte3yn.png

terraspacematte7rd.png Here an updated more subtle version.

Okay so let me say this much; I'm very happy with the way this turned out. It was for a graphics battle on another forum, and considering how pressed I was for time (considering recent events in my life), I must say I'm very happy. Another reason being, this is my first ever Terraspace that I've done, the idea may not be original but I think I brought some new meaning to it. Also, it must go on record that this is only my third space piece ever done as well.

halobrsigno0.gif

How does terraspace work?

Do you form the mountains/rocks/sky/space yourself or is it default settings which you use to put in the picture as with brushes?

(Hard to comment on something i dont know how works :D)

afe3c02df0786b8677ac655da9e0d39c.png

I am Poseidon, i wreck ships and conjure up storms!

How does terraspace work?

Do you form the mountains/rocks/sky/space yourself or is it default settings which you use to put in the picture as with brushes?

(Hard to comment on something i dont know how works :D)

Well for this piece in particular, I started out by forming the mountains and what not in Terragen, after I got what I was happy with I rendered it fully and moved to photoshop. From there, I took out my camera and went around taking pictures out side of rocks and very texturey stuff. From here I maniped the texture by combining, cloning pieces, messing with blending mode, then putting it on top of the mountains. After this was done I started on making the planets, and doing the nebula, the fire/ice deal. Then had to manip my terrain so it was icey on one side. I'm getting to lazy to type anymore lol, but that's the basics of it.

halobrsigno0.gif

Its realy good, I like it. Only crits would be that the blur in the middle could be a bit more subtle.

I agree with you, more so in the landscape area, in the space area it's kind of subtle and nice, I'm going to see if I can fix that so if I can get it looking better, I'll show ya guys.

halobrsigno0.gif

now that i know what you worked with im able to comment on your picture alot better :D

First of all the texture of your mountains, really nice, but as you said you worked on it alot, so you deserve some +'s for it, however the fire side looks small and odd kinda "shrugged" as if the mountains got scared and crippled itself, dunno how to explain this however the ice side is really nice and looks good.

Now the meteor in the middle (i take it for that :-k ), really nice effects looks like it fell from the ice side and is about to "crash" onto the fire side, no problems there really :P

Now to the biggest and baddest error in your picture, the fiery sky on the top right corner... looks totally off and doesn't really look like its in the air but more like the air bended to our view and had something put on it. I however have no suggestions on how to fix it, i suppose it cant be made differently or my screen is just playing with me :D

Nothing big to say about hte planet, standard tutorial work there tbh but i guess it cant be done in much other ways :D

In total really nice work and as said previously try to fix the blend in the middle as its really not properly made :D

afe3c02df0786b8677ac655da9e0d39c.png

I am Poseidon, i wreck ships and conjure up storms!

In my opinion i think the sky is absolutely awesome. But the ground just doesn't look good to me, not only good but not realistic [obviously the piece isn't realistic] but you could beleive it. It's not slating this piece cos it's v.v.v.v.good, but that's what i think regarding the ground.

-o-

Yeah getting things to work correctly with Terragen, especially concerning the amount of experience I have (Which is basically none), was hard for me to get the texturing done correctly. I tried importing real textures once I was in Photoshop, but moreso I got it done for the battle, so now that you've pointed these things out, I'm going to go back and see if I can correct them.

halobrsigno0.gif