Computer Won't Stop Restarting

Pangus

Hey i was wondering if yall could help me here. My computer used to restart usually once every day but now its coming to its restarting before it even starts up now or within 5 minutes of startup. It just restarts without a warning and boots back up. I replaced my power supply so i don't think thats not it. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to fix this or what it could be?

Pop the case and have a look at your hardware. Has it been dusted recently? Check your motherboard.

This happened to me before and I discovered that a capacitor on my mobo had failed. It was obviously leaking.

Dusted it like a week ago and looked around and it looked normal from what i can tell.

Yes it does shut down with out a warning. I just got 1 warning today for the first time ever and it gave me a minute timer until it restart automatically. It said something like this :

C:\WINDOWS\System32\services[Caution: Executable File] ..then im not sure if it said something in between that and what ima bout to say..terminated unexpectedly with code 1073741819

dude, check the fan. It doesn't turn or somehow get's way too hot, you need to fix it in the hardware parts.

The problems can be related withint the drive, the motherboards or something else that scdrweed inside the PC {unless you have done something before it crashed}

We can't help you in anyways unless you physically found something odd and describe it to us.

-=Aznhuskarl=- Cleric

-=20Cent=- Juggernaught

More to come...

there's no warning box or anything?

try run -> "shutdown -a"

What will that do?

OK, right click "My Computer". Click properties > Advanced > Startup and Recovery Settings > Uncheck the box that says 'Automatically restart'. When it next shuts down, it will hopefully display a blue screen with a whole load of weird writing on. Write down the STOP code: 0x00000 (0000x0000x0000x0000), the message at the top of the screen in capital letters and, if there is one, the file that is playing up.

there's no warning box or anything?

try run -> "shutdown -a"

What will that do?

OK, right click "My Computer". Click properties > Advanced > Startup and Recovery Settings > Uncheck the box that says 'Automatically restart'. When it next shuts down, it will hopefully display a blue screen with a whole load of weird writing on. Write down the STOP code: 0x00000 (0000x0000x0000x0000), the message at the top of the screen in capital letters and, if there is one, the file that is playing up.

Alright thanks ill try this.

Edit: K well my computer didnt restart for about a day and during that period i changed the "automatically restart" setting. Sometime later it restarted and it came to a black blank screen with just a little line flashing as in waiting for you to type something. This had happened to me a few years back and so i tried something that i used to do which is manually restarting and then going into the Bios and just going to "Save and Exit". I did that and now everytime i start up it freezes at the section of where it tells you to hit "Del" to enter bios.

Btw if yall havent noticed im typing this on a different computer.

sounds like your bios is dead? or something majorly wrong..

time to get a pro to look at it

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

If the BIOS was dead, it wouldnt even load to windows to have a chance to restart.

My guess is its a hardware related problem. Sounds like the motherboard has crapped itself. Take it into a store and get them to take a look at it and hopefully theyll be able to sort it out.

1264cc30.gif

Alright well now its not freezing at that same screen and it sent me to the blue screen.

Here is the message that Rhys was talking about

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x27018A00, 0xF75CD0C8, 0x00000000)

Does this help? What does this tell me?