i know jagex dont send email but do paypal?

prostar

suspectye2.th.jpg

does paypal actually send emails, or is this yet another failed attempted to get me to cough up my details?

anyother people get emails like this?

for those who are curious, it was started : dear *my email address*... not my name...

and also i figured it was a scam too, i just was curious if paypal took the same stand as jagex and not send emails.

my rsn is Prostar

The paypal thing looks legit enough to me, it doesn't seem to actually be asking for any of your details or for you to click stuff, more telling you to go log into paypal and sort out your details. As for jagex sending stuff rooney, thats not from jagex, thats from the company taking your money on behalf of jagex.

Junkieman608.png

No, notice the 'click here' bit... THAT's where they get you!

>_>

<_<

I concur, itll take you to a site that looks like paypall, the domain name, the www bit at the top will say paypall.com but it isnt actully paypal.com. Itll record everything you type in the paypal bit then when you press submit, itll say page missing or something, whilst they take all your bank details and rob you of your money.

NEVER rely on a link in an email - I got a paypal scam the other day (telling me I'd been paid for something), which failed miserably because:

1. I don't even have paypal, since it is such a scam magnet.

2. I view email in plaintext, so the link I was "supposed" to click wasnt visible.

3. I thought it fishy, and pasted it to spamcop for an analysis (which found the obfuscated link).

Always go to any site by the link you KNOW, not one you are given

suspectye2.th.jpg

does paypal actually send emails, or is this yet another failed attempted to get me to cough up my details?

anyother people get emails like this?

I went through this with Pay Pal which I use a lot. Pay Pal sends out few emails to you and they always adress you by your correct name. You must have an account to recieve emails from them. When they change a policy or something they send you an email. But as stated above, never click a link in an email unless you know exactly where it is taking you. If it was from pay pal, log into your account with them, go to help section and then send them the email so they can stop the person sending it. I believe it goes to *Spoof*@paypal but not sure. All this info is on there site..

I live in Runescape.

The paypal thing looks legit enough to me, it doesn't seem to actually be asking for any of your details or for you to click stuff, more telling you to go log into paypal and sort out your details. As for jagex sending stuff rooney, thats not from jagex, thats from the company taking your money on behalf of jagex.

Oh, ok

sigforrooneyxu0.jpg

ÃÆââââ¬Ã¢Ã¢ââ¬Ã

When they send emails that are rushing you by saying things such as You MUST update now or be suspended and such things like that, a light should go on in your head that something isn't right.

never ever assume that because an e-mail says it's from say paypal and has the logo it's actually from them...we used to get a sort of pop-up thing everytime we logged onto aol asking us to enter our card details to "renew old data" they are pretty common and they are either asking you to click a link which contains a virus or asking you to enter info which they then steal

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

Paypal does send emails, but I don't think they come from paypal@****

They normally are named after their department.

Never click a link in an email. Just got to the paypal site yourself and log on to see if it says anything to you about it. Thats the best thing to always do.

~M

its fake, its from a hotmail address

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

Well... thats the LEAST proffensional (sp?) link I've ever seen. In emails they usually SHOW the name of the link. And they always say something along the lines of 'If this link doesn't work, please copy and paste the link into your browser.'

I'd say don't do it :D

Blakdragon39.png