Wilderness Safehouses

Zaaps1

Dont you hate being attack in the wilderness when your tring to raise your cooking in the bandit camp? How about when your superheating steel/mith/addy in the hobgoblin mine and you are attacked? Well I have a solution, scattered all over the wilderness( 1 every 5 levels? 10 levels?) There is a small house. If you enter the house you recieve a warning, that the safehouse allows you to be in it for up to 5 minutes only.After those 5 minutes you are automaticlly teleported out. There is a timer at the bottom of your screen when you are in the safehouse. It countsdown on how much time left you have.

After leaving the safehouse you must wait 10 minutes before you are granted re-entry. If you are under attack you may not enter the safehouse without approval of your attacker. (when you try to enter, prple text appears in your opponents chatbox"(your name here) wishes to enter the safehouse"if your opponent clicks the text, you are allowed entry, if not s/he will continusly attack you. This way you will keep getting hit if you stand in front of the safehouse and keep clicking the door.

Since you are only allowed 5 minutes, you can only recover 5 hp,and any decent pker and deal 5hp in at least 3 blows. You cannot teleport in side the safehouse.

Q: Cant the pker wait outside of the house until you are teleported out?

A: You are teleported away from any other players.

Q:Whats in the safehouse

A:Nothing besides chairs, cupboards etc. There is also a safehouse keeper in the safehouse who explains all the rules, in the safehouse there is also a telescope, which allows you to see whos within 1 screen from the safehouse.

Q:Can you get randoms in the safehouse?

A:No, if a level 126 evil chicken appeared you would be forced to come out or fight it, when you come out you would have to wait 10 mintues before reentry.

Q:Is it possible to die in the safehouse?

A: Not unless your posioned

Q:Can you log out in the safehouse?

A:yes

Q:Can you eat food in the safehouse?

A: Yes

Q:Where are these safehouses?

A:They are at least 1 screen away from any mining area,range,fishing spot,Etc.

The whole point of the safehouse is to do some work in the wilderness without fear of being attacked, 10mintues is time to mine the ores needed to make steel/mith/addy/rune bars. And thats all its there for. However I can see why some of you would object this idea ( ruins pking,the guy could taunt the pker,etc.) and I understand but for people who want to train skills in the wilderness this can be a lifesaver. Besides the pker has time to wait by the mining area for the guy to stop mining and then attack him so he couldnt enter the safehouse.

Suggestions? Dont flame. If a thread already exists about this, I apoligise and a mod can lock this.

Hmm,This Is Interesting.I like the idea,As Me Myself Train My Magic In Dark Warrior Castle,(Okay,So It Is Combat.)

But I Think The Logout Should be 30 Seconds After Combat(In The Safehouse)And Only 3 Pepole Can Enter At A Time.Also,You May Only Eat One Piece Of Food(So,One Shark,One rat Meat Or Whatever You Eat) Per Entry(Which Would Make The Safehouses Not AS Safe As Projected.

Other Then That,Good idea. :mrgreen:

I have A Main Account, W00Dp3ck3r,Level 53,For Those Who Think I'm A noob.

I like this idea, though I doubt Jagex would go for it. To me, anything that helps a non-pker escape unwanted attention is a good idea.

My favorite idea along these lines is an invisibility prayer that takes your dot off the minimap while the prayer is in force. You can't use the prayer if you are skulled, and when you turn off the prayer, you are stunned for 3 seconds.

This safe-house idea can be expanded as well. I'm not sure that asking your attacker if it's ok would work - any attacker will ignore the message and continue attacking, and if you are in a multi-combat zone, you'd be massacred.

I don't have a problem with getting randoms while in the safe-house, and I don't have a problem with pker's staking the door. What the safehouse will do is allow you to get in there and log off, hop worlds and hope to find a world where there's no one holding a stake out outside.

You can stay in the safe-house as long as you want (no 5 minute limit or anything), so there's no teleport out (random or targeted, doesn't matter).

The part I do agree with is once you've left the safe-house, you can't go back in for at least 5 minutes. Also, you can't go in if you are skulled.

Again, I doubt Jagex would go for it, but it is an interesting idea. Thanks for sharing.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

are u serious.... :roll: ur running, about to be pked in the middle of the duel and ur teleblocked, got away from the entagle for a brief second and boom ur in the safehouse, free to log or get safely teled away with no harm done. That ruins the entire point of the wildy. If u say u can't log out in the safehouse...thats also bad because rs never has a place where u can't log out. The wildy is a place of danger and no security except in one difficult place to acess...don't take that away from the pkers.

I think about 1-3 safehouses in the whole wilderness is enough

Said Zamorak, Thoust shall bring chaos and spread destruction across the land.

Said Guthix, Thoust shall bring balance between all.

Said Saradomin, Thoust shall bring peace and spread holyness across the land.

The wilderness is supposed to be a dangerous place to dwell in. If you made safespots, then it looses some of it's danger. Some places in the wilderness may seem more appealing than places outside of the wilderness to entice more players into the danger. That's their choice if they want to risk danger for a potentially better place to train.

~10 out of 10 cows agree. The greatest Runescape addition was the rubber chicken.

~Today, we watch Runescape's grass grow. Tomorrow, we watch it's pots boil!

Hmm,This Is Interesting.I like the idea,As Me Myself Train My Magic In Dark Warrior Castle,(Okay,So It Is Combat.)

But I Think The Logout Should be 30 Seconds After Combat(In The Safehouse)And Only 3 Pepole Can Enter At A Time.Also,You May Only Eat One Piece Of Food(So,One Shark,One rat Meat Or Whatever You Eat) Per Entry(Which Would Make The Safehouses Not AS Safe As Projected.

Other Then That,Good idea. :mrgreen:

Lol every topic you write on you put capitals at each of the letters...

Gets quite annoying

But ON TOPIC: This is quite an interesting idea, and i've heard it before somewhere :-k a while back. But i dunno what to say to this suggestion.. I mean it would help a lot of players, but on the other hand... THE WILDERNESS IS ALL ABOUT RISK, IF YOU GO IN, YOU SHOULDN'T ALWAYS EXPECT TO COME OUT WITH ALL YOUR STUFF...

This idea requires too many time-related rules (only 5 minutes inside, cant go back in for another 10 etc) its bad enough with the 10 second combat log (or however long it is)

As ive said in another thread (also in relation to a wildy-toning-down suggestion) "if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the fire"

They put all the nice ore and respawning bones in the wilderness for a reason: its risky to try in there and get out alive

are u serious.... :roll: ur running, about to be pked in the middle of the duel and ur teleblocked, got away from the entagle for a brief second and boom ur in the safehouse, free to log or get safely teled away with no harm done. That ruins the entire point of the wildy. If u say u can't log out in the safehouse...thats also bad because rs never has a place where u can't log out. The wildy is a place of danger and no security except in one difficult place to acess...don't take that away from the pkers.

Cant enter if your being attacked.

Hmm.. Bad idea... The use of Safe Houses would be abused way too much.. The whole point of the wilderness is to fight. If you put Safe Houses in there, everyone that gets attacked would immediately run in, then log out. Or, people would run in, just to be teleported away from the pker. And the telescope? That's not really fair...

Going in the wilderness is dangerous... You always have the chance of being pked. If you don't want to die, don't go in the wilderness.

Now, maybe one safehouse in deep wildy would work. But, you wouldn't be teleported too far away. You would be tellied near the Safe House, but far ebough to get a head start on the pkers.

Another point: Safe Houses would attract pkers that are looking for some noobs. They know that people will come running towards there seeking refuge. They simply have to wait for someone to come along, and then they attack.

I personally just don't think the Safe Houses is a good idea.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

Hmm.. Bad idea... The use of Safe Houses would be abused way too much.. The whole point of the wilderness is to fight. If you put Safe Houses in there, everyone that gets attacked would immediately run in, then log out. Or, people would run in, just to be teleported away from the pker. And the telescope? That's not really fair...

cant enter if your being attacked

cant enter if your being attacked

In a sense, they can. Let's say they have been barely out of hitting range long enough to be considered "not fighting". Then they can still enter the safe house and escape being pked.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

In a sense, they can. Let's say they have been barely out of hitting range long enough to be considered "not fighting". Then they can still enter the safe house and escape being pked.

huh? what if you got hit or something. If you get hit by an attack, even if it hits 0 or fails(magic) you cant enter for 10seconds.

huh? what if you got hit or something. If you get hit by an attack, even if it hits 0 or fails(magic) you cant enter for 10seconds.

No, what I'm saying is, they have been running from pkers for more than 10 seconds barely out of range. So, they couldn't get hit, but they would still be entering the safe house to escape a battle.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

Guest skater789

nah, sorry man, but i dont really like this idea. when you are in the wild, pkers have every right to pk you. its what the wild is for!

No, what I'm saying is, they have been running from pkers for more than 10 seconds barely out of range. So, they couldn't get hit, but they would still be entering the safe house to escape a battle.

Everytime you get hit, the 10seconds restarts, or more of a "you cant log out until 10seconds after combat" thing only with safehouse entry.

I think what he means, is what if your runnning away and your able to stay jsut out of reach for more than ten seconds. Then you come upon a safe house and have still not been hit on the last 10 seconds. So you enter the safehouse and escape your pursuer. It really just isn't fair to the pkers,and would be ranted and hated by many players.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

yeah but without safehouses the guy could keep running and get away anyway.