A Guide For The Would-Be Power-miner

imhomer

Extremely nice guide. i only have one question. how in gods name do you get 63,000 exp an hour? I am currently doing this with one of my noob accounts and I average about 30-35k an hour. no lag, no other powerminers, full world, using the mine 3 drop-3 method, chasm mine.

I even did a little test. I mined for 5 minutes with no randoms or powerminers and got 3745 exp. multiply that by 12 to get an hourly rate. 3745*12=44940.

how did you get 63k exp an hour? :-s :-s :-s

His math showed the hourly rate is the fastest that is possible, but nothing short of a machine could go at that rate for an hour, without messing up, or slowing down. That number also disregards randoms, and, more importantly other miners. I did exactly what you did when i was power mining, and in 10 mins got about 7k xp, which equals 42k an hour. In actuality, I averaged 40k xp per hour when I fully concentrated.

ShadowSam19.png

Extremely nice guide. i only have one question. how in gods name do you get 63,000 exp an hour? I am currently doing this with one of my noob accounts and I average about 30-35k an hour. no lag, no other powerminers, full world, using the mine 3 drop-3 method, chasm mine.

I even did a little test. I mined for 5 minutes with no randoms or powerminers and got 3745 exp. multiply that by 12 to get an hourly rate. 3745*12=44940.

His math showed the hourly rate is the fastest that is possible, but nothing short of a machine could go at that rate for an hour, without messing up, or slowing down. That number also disregards randoms, and, more importantly other miners. I did exactly what you did when i was power mining, and in 10 mins got about 7k xp, which equals 42k an hour. In actuality, I averaged 40k xp per hour when I fully concentrated.

That is exactly what I am saying. I did it for 5 minutes which is managable and came no where near his calculated experience per hour. If two people have tried and have got no where near his calculated rate then surely it must be wrong.

That is exactly what I am saying. I did it for 5 minutes which is managable and came no where near his calculated experience per hour. If two people have tried and have got no where near his calculated rate then surely it must be wrong.

Though I don't doubt that my calculated rate may be wrong, I don't believe it is. Shadow sam is right, max you can get about 45k per hour but that is an ideal calculation. In reality, I too got about 30k-35k exp per hour, not 40k. If you want to check my math, feel free but I'm pretty sure it's right. Hope this clarifies things.

superawesomesiggynessck6.jpg

Imhomer.png

Though I don't doubt that my calculated rate may be wrong, I don't believe it is. Shadow sam is right, max you can get about 45k per hour but that is an ideal calculation. In reality, I too got about 30k-35k exp per hour, not 40k. If you want to check my math, feel free but I'm pretty sure it's right. Hope this clarifies things.

Your right, your calculations are correct. But I did do it under ideal conditons for 5 minutes. As I said, no powerminers or randoms, no mistakes while dropping and on a full world. See where I am comming from?

• 3 months later...

Nice for f2p.

But I have one comment on you're dropping method. There are two ways of dropping stuff in you're inv, I'll post both and the second one is faster:

01 02 03 04

05 06 07 08

09 10 11 12

13 14 15 16

17 18 19 20

21 22 23 24

25 26 27 28

And:

01 08 15 22

02 09 16 23

03 10 17 24

04 11 18 25

05 12 19 26

06 13 20 27

07 14 21 28

You have to do it that way because, if you click on drop, you're mouse will be very near the next ore and you don't have to move it up and to the side again. It's been proven this is faster (you can try out yourself).

So for the drop 3/mine 3 method. You should fill the places 08, 09, 10, 15, 16, 17, 22, 23 and 24. So it goes faster.

BUT; my personal favorite is to fill all the spots besides the last two rows. Because, if you click on the ore on the right place there, you can click drop without moving you're mouse at all! Which is even faster to me!

(Ofcourse these are my own opinions and it may be different to others.)

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

• 4 weeks later...
However, doing this coupled with powermining can make people suspicious of you as a macro. If they don't go to the trouble of talking to you on private chat or if you have private chat turned off, you run the risk of being reported for macroing.

Jagex won't ban you as a macro just because you don't talk. They do more than just see whether or not you respond to people talking to you, so this "risk" really isn't.

Asides from that, not a bad guide.

yan+the+wise.png

• 2 weeks later...

However, doing this coupled with powermining can make people suspicious of you as a macro. If they don't go to the trouble of talking to you on private chat or if you have private chat turned off, you run the risk of being reported for macroing.

Jagex won't ban you as a macro just because you don't talk. They do more than just see whether or not you respond to people talking to you, so this "risk" really isn't.

Asides from that, not a bad guide.

Just out of curiosity, do you know what exactly do they check for? Just wondering.

tran%20lam%20phi.gif

at higher lvls granite is more effective

yes it was but now they changed it so you need water skins :evil:

but it is a nice summery of power mining keep going :thumbsup:

If you're using the wilderness hobgoblin mine then I have a useful suggestion. Range hobgoblins for about 1 attack to pull them over to one or 2 sides of the rocks. That way, if pkers come by and try to pk you there's an escape by charging right through your hobgoblin army. Here's an old pic of me with my hobgoblin army (think this one has 17, but I've been known to get 19.)

hobgoblinarmywg5.jpg

nice copy + paste skill... now get cropping up...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

• 3 weeks later...

Might I recomend mentioning the iron mine near piscoraes fishing coloney (swan song quest) I have never seen another person use it, and it is the closest place to a bank.[/img]

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

at higher lvls granite is more effective

yes it was but now they changed it so you need water skins :evil:

but it is a nice summery of power mining keep going :thumbsup:

I did some granite powermining (70-75) and even though you need waterskins, it's still quite efficient. Also, it's empty, which is helpful.

As for the guide, I came up with another method while mining in full worlds. The ore respawns quickly enough that by the time you've dropped the three you mined, the first ore has respawned.

Best way I found to avoid that problem was dropping one ore at a time, not three. Here's my method for this (good clicking skill and timing is required). Click on and mine the first rock. Click on the next rock, then right-click the ore in your inventory and put the cursor over "Drop iron ore". As soon as you hear the pickaxe hit the rock, left-click, then click the next rock, right click the ore in your inventory, put the cursor over "drop iron ore", left click when you hear the pickaxe hit the rock, etc. etc. etc. ad infinitum ad nauseum. When I strike a rhythm like that, I can mine constantly, with almost no time spent dropping while one of the rocks is glowing brown. I've also managed to drive out other power-miners without breaking the rhythm.

That's just my personal method; if you think it's worthy of going into the guide, add it with credit given. I still have 7 levels to go until I can mine rune, so I'm going to use it for a while, just thought I should share and see if anyone else finds it useful.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

60k xp per hour on mine3/drop 3???!!! no way. That might be optimum efficiency with no random/no distraction. But when i mine for 1 hour in the chasm mine, i get at most 40k xp per hour.

Ur calculations seem to be right, but in the long run, it is inaccurate. Why dont u try 30 min of powermining 3/drop 3 at the chasm mines. Tell me if u get 30,000 xp. Plz try it.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

60k xp per hour on mine3/drop 3???!!! no way. That might be optimum efficiency with no random/no distraction. But when i mine for 1 hour in the chasm mine, i get at most 40k xp per hour.

Ur calculations seem to be right, but in the long run, it is inaccurate. Why dont u try 30 min of powermining 3/drop 3 at the chasm mines. Tell me if u get 30,000 xp. Plz try it.

It's already been discussed; that's pretty much the maximum (well, with a 5 second respawn rate, 75.6k is, but the real numbers are irrevelant), but impossible due to randoms, other miners, human errors, etc. etc. Using the method I posted on the last page, I get about 40-45k/hour, even with the occasional pickaxe head going flying, stubborn miner who wants the spot as his own, etc. etc. etc.

You might want to add the mine 1/drop 1 method (I prefer it to mine 3/drop 3) and the Rimmington general store method (mine full load of iron, run to general store, and sell iron). I don't know the xp/hour for the second one, but I could test it for you at some point if you want it. I might as well do something useful for others on my way to 85 mining.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png