Guide to Merchanting Success *v6*

Zaaps1

Since the Runescape market is ever changing, there is no surefire way to make money. So these are the tips and tricks that use to make money in any merchanting circumstance. V1 was locked due to conditions, which I have removed ( hopefully I removed all of them).

1- Making money is all a mind game.

ThatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s right, it is. Moneymaking is totally decided by 3 main factors: courage, hard work, and focus. The main point is, donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t worry about taking risks, and donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t set roadblocks for yourself. You must have courage to take the risks, hard work in negotiating, and focus to be able to head straight at your goals. Always look professional that means to wear the best armor you can. Type in purple. It usually stands out more. Often times you must type in the contrast color of the ground you are tanding in, heres the basic color wheel:

Green   yellow    Orange    side note: if the ground is white,

blue      red               any color besides yellow will do. 

Purple                  Purple stands out the most still

Stay away from the flashes, the waves, and shakes. Scroll is ok if youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re typing small sales. Remember, ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Å The harder you work the luckier you becomeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

thanks, anyone else. I now if you viewed it or not, so I guess you might as well reply. Im not forcing you or anything though.

thanks man. your pretty smart! i think i might try it. i tried merchanting coal. although that was the first time i did it. so i had loads of diffulties in merchanting. i did not know everything i needed to know. ex:time, location, world. unfortunately i was to lazy to try it again. u kinda made me wanna again. i was thinking of merchanting and money making. so i went to look around the forums, ur thing was the first one i read today, and it was a good start. thanks!

I read the whole thing, you must be like a phychologist to figure out pain and pleasure. Nice Guide.

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

As soon as u said this:

ThatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s right, it is. Moneymaking is totally decided by 3 main factors: courage, hard work, and focus.

I agreed.

I was in fally park world 2 a few months ago, and I decided to buy full guthans to train slayer to 85 (which I am now, its been a month or so since I accomplished it) anyways, the noob switched guthans helm with another guthan skirt, thus me losing 2M in a few seconds, I worked so hard for the 2M that I got sooo angry I decided to go hardout merchanting.. in 2 days I made the 2M back, + 3M!!!! I merchanted verac brassards, bought 2.1, sold for 2.15 and 2.2 making 50k - 100k per brassy, so wot u say is tru :thumbsup:

2vuhgcn.png

I read the whole thing, you must be like a phychologist to figure out pain and pleasure. Nice Guide.

my friends dad is, but then i moved and never saw him again....or did I?He didnt tell me much,but did tell my friend a lot and he imitated him a lot. So technically, I didnt figure it out completely by myself.

4- Market Patterns

By using common sense and time sense you can easily make millions. For example if lots of people want an item the price will go down (or up, but usually down). So for example if you know mass amount of people joined or made new accounts in Runescape this week. ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s a good bet that in 1-2 months, Rune armor prices will shoot down to supply the needs of all those players. ThatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s when you buy rune sets for the low price. Then most likely a month will come by when low amounts of players joined. Then 1-2 months you can sell those rune sets for probably double the price.

Is it just me, or does that not make sense?

I don't claim to be an expert at economics, but prices would go up with a large amount of new players joining. If there are a couple thousand more people suddenly joining, then in a couple months, those couple thousand people will want full rune. I agree with that. However, at the same time, that would raise demand, which raises prices. The more people want something, the more they'll be willing to pay for it. And since the number of sets of full rune probably won't go up at the same rate as the players join, the supply won't go up at the same rate. And, since demand is going up faster than supply, the price will go up.

That's the only part of your guide that I disagree with; I think it's the other way around. If you sell when more people are buying, then they'll be willing to pay more, and you'll make more money. When not many players are joining, then prices will go down and you can buy them cheaper.

Other than that, everything seems to make sense. I just thought I should point out what I think might not be correct.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

4- Market Patterns

By using common sense and time sense you can easily make millions. For example if lots of people want an item the price will go down (or up, but usually down). So for example if you know mass amount of people joined or made new accounts in Runescape this week. ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s a good bet that in 1-2 months, Rune armor prices will shoot down to supply the needs of all those players. ThatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s when you buy rune sets for the low price. Then most likely a month will come by when low amounts of players joined. Then 1-2 months you can sell those rune sets for probably double the price.

Is it just me, or does that not make sense?

I don't claim to be an expert at economics, but prices would go up with a large amount of new players joining. If there are a couple thousand more people suddenly joining, then in a couple months, those couple thousand people will want full rune. I agree with that. However, at the same time, that would raise demand, which raises prices. The more people want something, the more they'll be willing to pay for it. And since the number of sets of full rune probably won't go up at the same rate as the players join, the supply won't go up at the same rate. And, since demand is going up faster than supply, the price will go up.

That's the only part of your guide that I disagree with; I think it's the other way around. If you sell when more people are buying, then they'll be willing to pay more, and you'll make more money. When not many players are joining, then prices will go down and you can buy them cheaper.

Other than that, everything seems to make sense. I just thought I should point out what I think might not be correct.

True, I was thinking since more people want it, the smithers would lower the price in order to sell more, but I never thought about this, updating guide to inclde this.

sweet dude..i learned alot..im not a merchant. im a skiller. but is merching rly worth all the time?..all u gain is cash..and i make over 2mill a day without merching if i try. 93 fletch and 63 rc owns. but i love ur wisdom..i might just try merching for a bit :shock:

awesome-.-

white omen1...a 1 and 7 month year addict

dragonffletchcape,white%20omen1.gif

sweet dude..i learned alot..im not a merchant. im a skiller. but is merching rly worth all the time?..all u gain is cash..and i make over 2mill a day without merching if i try. 93 fletch and 63 rc owns. but i love ur wisdom..i might just try merching for a bit :shock:

awesome-.-

I like skills etter too. But merchanting is kinda fun, and there comes a time when merchanting outpaces skills.

O and check this out, Merchanting is not reconized as an acual word!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: We've been fooled!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

lol everyones stealing my version idea(v1,2,3,4etc.) Its cool though, its cool.

good guide, cuold have given a few more examples of what to merchan tho

The market is ever-changing. If I say today that you should buy arrow shafts until your hand falls off at low prices, but then all these member guys quit, youd waste money unless your gonna flech them. If you mean scenarios, then yeah I could add more but since im not a member, I cant tell you much if you are. Basiclly for nonmembers:

Trimmed Armor-prices falling

Rune Armor-same

Rares-rising

Feathers-lowering ( 20gp each when I started lol)

version 5 is out. I added a 6th section and added the basic color wheel into section 1.

Nice guide, that stuff actually works too. 8-)

1. You don't need to bump it, people will bump it, like this :)

2. People havn't 'stolen' *v6*, many people update their guide, as I do, a LOT, and put v2, etc. To enthuse people, I don't see why it's v6 when you only updated it 4 times.

Here how it went, v1 was locked. and i guess i pressed the wrong key on the keyboard and it carried on. Ill just be correcting soon, thanks.

Very nice guide.

I like how the guide helps with the mental aspects of merchanting rather than the physical "what to merchant" aspect. I find it a lot more helpful, and will most certainly use it when I next go to Falador W2. :wink:

chesssigtexttipitlt0.jpg

Stunning signature created by the one and only My Boggy.

Just like Columbus he gets murderous on purpose

dude, nice guide, i think your the type of person who could write a very good, and possibly influencial book. :wink:

thanks, i dont know anything about the writing and publishing world, so thats probaly not gonna happen. Any suggestions to improve my guide?

• 7 months later...

Ok I know you posted something below this as a buffer, but this should really be taken out, as it clearly make NO sense(you never back it up with any reason), and contridicts the very basic and fundamental law of supply and demand(again if you want to do that , you have to provide a reason, something which you haven't done).

"By using common sense and time sense you can easily make millions. For example if lots of people want an item the price will go down (or up, but usually down). So for example if you know mass amount of people joined or made new accounts in Runescape this week. ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s a good bet that in 1-2 months, Rune armor prices will shoot down to supply the needs of all those players. ThatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s when you buy rune sets for the low price. Then most likely a month will come by when low amounts of players joined. Then 1-2 months you can sell those rune sets for probably double the price."

This guide was a real helpful guide.It got the mental espect of merchanting in my head.Thanks.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.