Is 85 Mining still worth it?

Michael_Allen

Im pondering weather to get 85 mining if i start at the end of this week it'll probley take 2-3weeks to get.

Im curious if p2p runescapers, still think 85 mining is worth it and whats the best way to go about doing it. I want to bank the iron/coal i mine so where should i start?

Engl1sh.png

Engl1sh of RSAlliance

Goals Att 80 - Str 80 - Def 80 - Slayer 85

well rune mineing is deffintrly one of the quicker ways to make money using skills (each ore sells for up to 14k, average of about 12k) if you want to bank your ores i would personally use the yannille mine and use the 3 iron rocks there. do NOT mine coal for xp!

well rune mineing is deffintrly one of the quicker ways to make money using skills (each ore sells for up to 14k, average of about 12k) if you want to bank your ores i would personally use the yannille mine and use the 3 iron rocks there. do NOT mine coal for xp!

so stick with iron ores for exp and best place to bank is the yannile mine..

any other suggestions

Engl1sh.png

Engl1sh of RSAlliance

I'd say it is, about 270k or something of full load 8-)

I'm considering myself to get 85 mining too -,- but I think im too lazy and get bored really fast when i try to get it-,-

RSN - Ur Enemy, lvl 120 - Back in action!:)

Oldest rsn: Obu86 lvl 100 :P ~Retired~

RS Since 2001

i am a rune miner, but i got it in f2p

p2p has good ways of making money and i think rune mining is one of them

also i wouldn't advise to mine iron

powermine granite in the desert

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

thats the first time ive ever heard of granite....

what desert and whats the exp from mining it?

Engl1sh.png

Engl1sh of RSAlliance

I don't see why it's not worth it. You are able to mine rune and it's one of the biggest accomplishments of the game. Also, you can sell the ores for over 12k each. I just reached 70 and I think mining addy is awesome.

If you're thinking about goin to 85, I'd say go for it.

Use the goblin mines because you can sell to the goblin or you can bank in Culinomancers chest.

greatham.png

- Affliction - 100 Combat - 9/15/06

Merchant / Skiller

lolyr0.png

wheres the goblin mine?

Go to lumby castle basement. You need to do the Lost Tribe quest to be able to use it. Definitely worth doing the quest.

greatham.png

- Affliction - 100 Combat - 9/15/06

Merchant / Skiller

lolyr0.png

the goblin mine is the spot at the end of the long tunnels that you can get to from the lost tribe quest.

The way that I mine (which is pretty rarely) is to head to the Chasm mine and power mine the three iron respawns that are there, dropping as I go. At level 70 mining, I pick up the addy respawns, and carry on mining iron until I have a full inv of addy ore. It's solid xp.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

the goblin mine is the spot at the end of the long tunnels that you can get to from the lost tribe quest.

The way that I mine (which is pretty rarely) is to head to the Chasm mine and power mine the three iron respawns that are there, dropping as I go. At level 70 mining, I pick up the addy respawns, and carry on mining iron until I have a full inv of addy ore. It's solid xp.

This is how i got 72 to 85 in f2p. Also, I took 20 addy ores at a time to the mining guild and mined coal to superheat. 120 coal in 1 trip isn't bad. But you do need 70 smithing as well to do this.

In my opinion, F2P rune mining isn't all its made out to be, unless you have good combat (definitely 100+) or pkers are too much trouble. I mined about 100 rune ores before I got bored and went for 99 cooking instead. Still nice achievement to have though :D

runemsanta,ishepp.gif

89/99 farming

listen to the rune miner...granite is best for exp.

Pros:

Fast Cash

Easy to sell

Faster with 90 magic and ancient tele spell to greater demons

Secret spot available that no one goes to (but me \')

Cons:

You'll go crazy getting 85

Too much competition in non-member locations

Pkers in Wilderness locations

It's boring world hopping.

You can mine gold if you have completed Between a Rock quest (in Dwarf land a.K.a Keldegrim). You should aslo unlock the Ring of Charos so you can get free strips across the river and get the dwarvern ferryman(or it's the boatman) to deliver the gold in your invent. directly to your bank.

After you reach your mining level you can sell all the gold.

thats the first time ive ever heard of granite....

what desert and whats the exp from mining it?

there are diffeernt amounts of xp depending on how much granite you get out of the rock. its in the desert below alkahid, just look on your world maps to find it. take 2 water skinns tele runes and a kinfe (and pick obviously). i used this method from 50-60 mining, its definatly the best way to get to higher levels because you can get alot of xp quickly.

Zeus :twisted:

Think about how boring their job is. All day replying to messages like these: '0mG j0gEx cAn U g1MmÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã 100k 1 w1lL pa1 u bAk 1 swÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâãaR!!11!'

Not sure about you but I would want to liven up my job if I had a job like theirs.

I mined my way from level 70-85 in F2P, 80-85 with powermining. IMHO, it's worth it but not as much as you might think. IT probably is the best money I've ever made playing RS but there are craploads of pkers. I see that you have a decent combat level so you shouldn't be bothered as much as me (combat 70). I've found that at my level, I probably end up banking 1/2 or less of the ores I mine due to pkers even when I use a scout account.

superawesomesiggynessck6.jpg

Imhomer.png

The other thing to consider...is how much of a hurry are you in?

I've never powermined, and have gone from 76 to 80 mining recently all in F2P. Mined like crazy in Dwarven mine, had enough, then did the Take 20 addy ore into guild, and Superheat for awhile,

Then went to Crandor, Kill some moss giants mine addy, superheat, repeat.

And Now I'm back south west of Varroxk for a change.

I know i'm not doing it the quickest way...but I'm working on smithing too, and just mixing it up a bit, so it isn't boring.

In P2P I also like the mine in the basement of the Gnome stronghold (or is it the tree?....not sure now)

any way best of luck on the road to 85

countzeroh.png

l

Secret spot available that no one goes to (but me \')

Yeah not that lilyuffie quit barely anyone uses the spot :P

on topic, it's worth it, allways has been and allways will. population of rs consumes so much rune that it's in constant need of roon.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.