Tip.It Times Presents: Nice work on the new graphics Jagex!

Kiara_Kat

This week's Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure it's constructive! :D

Nice work on the new graphics Jagex! Now, about some of those questsÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ

The Editor

The cool thing about being the Editor of the Tip.It Times is you get to write about almost anything in RuneScape every week. The slightly less cool thing is you write about it every week. Well, except when we have a guest author on board, that is. Sometimes it can be difficult coming up with...

Click here to read the rest of this article.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Tip It Times as always. As you said... Some quests you see low level players complete such as Desert Treasure and Monkey Madness are very hard even for a level 82 combat. I do not see anyway a level 40 without prayer complete Desert Treasure and a level 60 complete Monkey Madness. There is no way!

linksigge7.jpg

I'm sorry but I think this is one of the worst articles you have written... I think the quests are fine just the way they are, even though they can be hard...it gives me a good feeling of accomplishment once i finish it, and making it change difficulty mixes it up a bit more and makes it more fun for me... and with the f2p quests, I disagree all the way, sure the members base is expanding all the time, and f2pers are aware of that, also making them want to join members all the more... maybe a way of advertising maybe, but not any quests, they already have quite a bit and have just gotten quite a few updates, stronghold, graphics, holiday drops coming up, the new boots wit stronghold... I think that has been pretty good for now...

Byaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

newbankofrsyq0.gif

woot 2nd post lol now to go read it

[Mod Edit: Do not just post to get a 2nd or 1st post. That is spam, this is a warning not to do it again. ~misterxman]

rednewdc5.png

By 'fittest' do you mean 'most selfish brat with the fastest internet connection?'

Nice Article. I also love the quests of Runescape. There actually hasn't been any quest which I didn't enjoy by the end. I don't think F2P should get anything new, simply because they aren't really contributing. F2P should be like a demo of a full-version game. It should just be a small sample of what's to come when you pay.

*By the Way, The Mournings End Part II Quest isn't really that hard. Once you get through the mourner hideout, you can change out of your Full Mourner's. Wear Full Initiate Armour, and use Prayer most of the time, and you should last for quite a long time.

a Perfect written article, I couldn't have done it any better!

I can tell you are a real quest freak that doesn't use guilds or anything! And that I admire!

The idea about F2P quests:

a) Lots of members will say taht F2P should become members for extras and I guess you know the rest they will say.

B) Lots of F2P' people will freak out..

result: a big fight.

Nice idea, love it, as I am F2P, but .. a big fight between P2P/F2P isn't all that great.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Someone posted on the Achievments forum about doing Desert Treasure at 44 combat, so hopefully it shouldn't be to hard for you. Anyway, I noticed the graphics update. I liked the article, but I don't think Jagex should make quests easier, anyway, if Ernest the Chicken hadn't been so random, I'd never have dicovered tip it. :ohnoes:

Off topic: EVERYONE check out Elvarg the dragon, hes not a bright green rubbish drawing anymore! Hes actually really cool! Check him out today, I might be there training on lessers if you wanna look out for me :D

Proud Legionairre of the 10th Legion of Kandarin.

Search for "The 10th Legion of Kandarin" on RSOF to join a small, friendly clan!

270 Quest Points and counting

Remember - In the gene pool, there is no life guard. :P

You're not getting my point. If you had an IQ above room temperature you would.

once again great article. It was even more interesting to read, cause I finished mournings end p2 around the same time as he, and shared some of the same frustrations, although not as many :P For those of you who are doing it or going to...The handholds are awful...simply awful. Anyway, I think Jagex needs to start up on another series of quests similar to the mourners, that was a terrific idea and i loved the whole thing..(the easy quests series with plotline leading up to the uber difficult one), and thats all i want out of quests at the moment...I love quests, favorite part of members honestly.

These are really getting boring. A false sense of humour, a topic I really don't care about...Where's the old Tip.It times? Where's the old, mysterious editor?

Does anyone happen to know death_siren? She stole a green mask from me, and I think I found my way into her ignore list. If you know anything, please, don't hesitate to give me a pm.

Nice to see that all the criticism from the last article was comprehensively ignored.

Busba, instead of complaining that the Editor "ignored" your criticism, why don't you buckle down and write an article for us? We always accept well-thought out and well written pieces, so why not try your hand at it?

And I'm sorry if you think your comments were ignored. They were not. Just because we didn't jump and change everything to the way you'd like it to be, does not mean that we ignore our users' comments. On the contrary. We take all the comments we receive very seriously indeed, and where we feel it's warranted, we implement changes. We have over 100,000+ users in our Community, and not all of them agree with you. So as I said, if you have an article you'd like to submit, we'd welcome it. Or why don't you suggest some topics? I'm certain the Editor would enjoy receiving some different topic ideas...

Nice article, good read. I just did M.E. II last week, and I know exactly how you feel about it. It was a very frustrating quest and I probably used up about a hundred swordies, 30-40 super energy pots, 20 sets of ardougne teleport runes, blah blah blah...

Especially frustrating since after I talked to the dwarf the first time, I forgot to turn the red beam back to the entrance before teleporting out! I had to pull the lever and reset all the mirrors and crystals again.

By the way, I was left with the cyan crystal in my inventory and no place to put it, so I left it sitting in one of the unused terminals. At least it isn't taking up bank space!

It took me a while just to figure out how to get replace my mourner's outfit. The tipit guide says to kill a level 11 mourner. I must have killed 50 level 11, 18 and 24 mourners before I realized that the mourner it was talking about wasn't in West Ardy, but way over by the foot path into the elf lands. Arg!

Now, about criticism. People, if you don't like the articles you are seeing published, what's stopping you from submitting your own? Maybe you should submit an editorial about what you don't like about the weekly tip.it times articles.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

WHO IS THE EDITOR?! WHAT DO THEY HAVE TO HIDE!

Stop writing articles about you, why do we care you have a 3 digit combat level and 70 agility and you find quests hard and say swears in runescape? And wake up your neighbours when you complete quests?

Bubsa you should write an article

BTW i didnt know people could submit tipit times articles :-s

killa870yt.png

Very nice! =D> I totally agree that Jagex needs to make more f2p quest, well because i'm f2p and some of us cant pay for members. It's almost like jagex is sayin " I just want your money now become a member dang it!"

]

Nice to see that all the criticism from the last article was comprehensively ignored.

Busba, instead of complaining that the Editor "ignored" your criticism, why don't you buckle down and write an article for us? We always accept well-thought out and well written pieces, so why not try your hand at it?

And I'm sorry if you think your comments were ignored. They were not. Just because we didn't jump and change everything to the way you'd like it to be, does not mean that we ignore our users' comments. On the contrary. We take all the comments we receive very seriously indeed, and where we feel it's warranted, we implement changes. We have over 100,000+ users in our Community, and not all of them agree with you. So as I said, if you have an article you'd like to submit, we'd welcome it. Or why don't you suggest some topics? I'm certain the Editor would enjoy receiving some different topic ideas...

Notice, did I say my criticism? No...

Notice how people came with the same criticism of their own accord in the previous thread? Evidently not...

Have I ever made reference that I could do a better job?

Holy jumping conclusions Batman!

I just think the people of this community deserve better. I mean, if you're going to treat them to an article...an article (seeing as you like bold so much, I thought I'd point that out to you)...every week, I feel it should be something of quality and not something some Joe Bloggs makes every day on myspace.

Heaven forbid I feel this way, and slap my wrist for posting an opinion. If that doesn't constitute as constructive criticism then I apologise, although I didn't feel up to typing the same points again...and again.

Just do me a favour before you go jumping down my throat again, I do believe it is not only my opinion, but shared by a number of community members. And my competence in writing articles doesn't come into it, for example: if something you made was sub-par, do you go around flaming people because they can't do better?

I'm not claiming to be the next Orwell, it just seems that tip.it are trying to pass off The Editor as his successor; a place on the front page, brand spanking new threads etcetera. When, to me, it's evidently not a good standard. And yes, that is my opinion and I don't worry whether it's shared or not, I believe I'm allowed to voice it.

woot 2nd post lol now to go read it

That is highly irritating, sorry but what is the point in posting that? Whats the big deal about getting first or second post lol, am i missing something here? Do we get a prize? :-k

Alot of critiscism is going towards the editor recently. I think people need to accept that a great article full of controversy is impossible to do ever single week. I'd like to see some of the people (that complain) write a article every now and again. I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, it would be good to see well known tipit figures write an article on perhaps something that needs to be addressed in the game.

I enjoyed the article, not the best but it was a good read :-k

I have a really good Tip.It times idea, how do I submit it Kiara_Kat????

Submit ideas here:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=319347

And as it says in that topic, any articles you've written should be PM'd to my attention directly.