Tip.It Times Presents: Nice work on the new graphics Jagex!

Kiara_Kat

if you dont like it dont read it.

That has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever read. How will I know if I'll like it or not, if I don't read it?

If your response to the previous few articles is any judge, I'd say you dont even need to read an article anymore before you decide it's trash. Yes, not all articles are perfect, that doesn't mean they're all crap.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well.. :?

once again it seemed to be an endless ('endless') rant to me :shame:

first of all, the murder mystery, the way I see it, you make a mistake, but then find it unfair when RuneScape doesn't accept your mistake and let you finish the quest without solving it :-s

Secondly, as has been said, the MEP2. You didn't seem to think about getting some better/more appropriate armour, no wonder it's too hard to survive. This quest wasn't made to be a walk in the park, it's supposed to be a challenge. They don't want everyone to be able to complete it in a split second, you'll need both stats and tactics (not the same amount of each for everyone)

etc, etc :-#

oh well, we'll see what next week brings us

10y3vig.png

proudtitan.png

I think it's kind of stupid to complain about every single article, if you dont like it dont read it. I agree that f2p needs more quests, i did all of them well over a year ago at level 43 combat... all those high level f2p'ers need an actuall challenge IMO

Technically, they have to read the article to not like it :thumbsup: lol, Anyway thank you! I totally agree, There is nothing to suggest that a high level f2p is any good apart from the reward to wear a rune plate - *yawn*

In my opinion they should make at least one HARD f2p quest to seperate the men from the boys, so to speak.

On topic, I actually found it to be an interesting article and I'm surprised at the amount of critisism the editor is recieving. He's just doing his job you know!! Why don't some of you think of a topic about runescape to write about every week? And I don't belive he was showing off about his combat level, just showing how difficult the quest is.

98% of all people are acctually crocodiles in disguise. If you are one of the 2% that arn't paste this in your signature.

Join the campaign for more F2P Bank space!

Small note, if you are worried about inventory space and want to have an argdoune (sorry sp) teleport then use a teleport tablet, therefore you have an extra slot for a prayer potion.

Btw 2 thumps up on the article :thumbsup:

Ex- Full time Runescape player, Lover of Castle Wars

Malachi_Kaso.png

I understand where Bubsa's coming from on this one. This TipIt Times is probably the most bloggish-style one so far, and bloggish editions can be quite a nice change from time to time, but I do feel they should not be produced week in, week out as is happening now.

It's all well and good to read about what other people think, or what parts of the game other people are having difficulty with, but it doesn't really relate to anyone other than the author.

I myself would say MEII is probably the hardest quest in the game - that's probably the only part of the article where I can relate to what The Editor is saying, and understand where he's coming from. I don't think F2P need any more quests - Security Stronghold was a huge update and should keep the F2P bandwagon rolling for a good year at least. After all, it's only a demo.

As has been said, Bubsa is a long-time member of this community, not afraid to say what he thinks, and has contributed many valuable discussions and posts over the years so if anyone's obliged to speak up, it's him - and I believe he has some valid points.

~Ian

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here

Very nice article, I like the way how you point out MEII as beeing the most annoying quest ever ( at least to me, it is, though I did it with a friend and we completed it within 8 hours.)

F2p getting a new quest? Why not? A single one won't frustrate any members, if they get mad, well they would be slefish little ''look at me, I am a memebr''.

People said desert treasure is not that hard, well wrong it is quite a challenge. I did it at lvl 102, and 3 out of the 4 bosses gave me trouble. The one in smoking well was pretty easy, he only meeled me.

P.S: You can take off mourners outfit once in the temple of light, and place a prayer outfit and keep a few prayer pots in inventory, quite easy to do after that.

Dust Devil- The Vacuum of Evil.

Bloodveld- The Tongue of Evil

Rockslug- The rock of Evil.

Freezie- The Icecube of Evil.

Well, this article just made me feel a bit better about myself. I too have that goal of completing every quest. I am 86 combat and 219 quest points. The only quests I have left to complete are Fairytale 2 and Devious Minds. Earlier someone said it's impossible for a level 60 to do Monkey Madness. Sorry, but I have to make it known that I did that quest at level 63 and I am NOT a pure. It was quite simple with prayer, food, and antipoisons.

As for ME2: Temple of Light... I did that at 84 combat and HATED it. My strategy though was to bring rune plate and legs, holy symbol, prayer book, whip and full mourner. In my inventory I had ardy tele, 2 prayer potions, 4 tuna-sweetcorn potatos, and quest stuff (mirrors, crystals, etc...) I had to make about 5 total trips back to the bank due to supplies running out. But through perserverence I was able to pull through.

Also, Desert Treasure, Legends, Recipe for Disaster, and other "master" quests really aren't that hard. Prayer, food, and proper equipment and you can do it almost any level. I did Legends 78 combat, D Treasure at 81 and Recipe at 82. Recipe you can't use prayer, so I poisoned the monsters and hid behind the exit portals. Two couldn't be poisoned, so those were the only "hard" ones. I won't give any more away though. You guys should probably do these on your own, lol.

Simply put, quests aren't necesarilly "hard" just MEGA annoying.

some quests are annoying...true. But i like hard quests, i feel very happy after finishing them. or i get very mad and quit for three months after getting killed doing one *cough*Monkey Madness*cough* i hate lag.

and i also agree on the f2p getting a new quest. ive all the arguments, f2p is a demo, they dont contribute to the game so they dont deserve anything<

anyway...im done \'

gizmo1214.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

I am a quest addict. Only quests left are Devious Minds and Fairy Tale pt 2. Recipe for Disaster is really easy as long as you eat sharks. Desert Treasure is actually easy too. I did it at lvl 80 with 50 some magic and around 46 prayer. It was very easy. Just always use magic and prayer. I think you were just really unlucky or i was really lucky with ME2. I did it in the high 70's with high 40's agility and I didn't have any problems except las puzzle.

227205.png

welll at least something has come out of this average article.... it has encoraged alot of people to consider writing their own articles!

as for new f2p quest: im sorry but no they shouldnt get one and all of them nagging just sounds like "ive lost all my stuff give me stuff plz i got scammed" to me which i normally block out lol

I dunno what the editor was talking about in this article.

I completed mourning's end part 2 with ease at lvl 90. it was a 1 nighter for me.(the trick is to go to the stairs in the middle and let energy restore while planning your next move, also wear d-hide, not just the mourning equipment)

Also Desert Treasure is fairly easy if you have decent magic and are prepared.

Man... it almost seems that ever since the article about The Old Nite, that "The Editor" is a completely different person... actually... scratch that almost...

I don't mean to be harsh or over-criticize, but the content lately has been lacking, especially in this article. Complaining about how quests are too hard when you don't keep track of what you're doing? Not to mention that the in-game guide tells you what things you are missing generally, and if not, the tip.it guides do. As for Mourner's End II, try doing it without a guide if you want true frustration :P (Not to mention you could've put on armor as soon as you entered the cave past the mourners, and Guthan makes things much easier).

I have a hard time believing this is the same "Editor" who started pouring out his soul to us a year ago in almost every article he or she wrote; who took the measures to find an interesting topic (almost) every week; who risked being hated by Andrew Gower himself (and the tip.it administrators) to let Jagex know how their actions came across, such as with Jagex Interfering?; who brought us guest authors such as Duke Freedom and Aming Heart; who tracked down every contact he could manage to pull off interviews with both N0valyfe and Zezima... *deep breath*

Where has the spirit gone?

*note* again... I'm sorry if I was too negative... I just miss the spirit our articles used to have... we have Blogscape forums for blogs.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

And while you're at it, Jagex, how about some new F2P quests? Sure, playing the F2P version of the game is supposed to make people want to become a member, but your member base is increasing more and more every day! So how about a new free quest or two as a sort of "thanks" for staying loyal and continuing to play your game?

I'm sure most of you reading this topic have already read the above, and i'm certain that what the mysterious editor has to say here has been lauded by many people already in the last four or so pages. I would like to add that I do, ideed agree with the above, but that is not quite the extent of what I have to say on it. Many people have ranted for ages on end, and even sent in a letter or two about it, but to my knowlege, no one, especially no member has posted that in such a public and prominent place. It's almost like saying "donate $10,000,000 to Moldova" in the new york times, with a good case behind it too.

I would like to thank the editor profusely for his concern, and for thinking about the other half of runescape, as many members don't. I have noticed that the folks at "jagex towers" have included a few graphical, and later sound updates for freeplayers. Apart from being a huge break from the "tradition" they had going for awhile of not updating freeplay at all, this seems to have heralded the return of updates for both halvs of the aparthied(please excuse my buchery of spelling)

apart from my biased opinion about the freeplay mention, the article was good, all in all. True, this may not have been the editor's best, but it's very difficult to relate quest difficulty when one has all thirty-nine quest points. It reminded me of the days when I had not completed all the quests, but Loved the ones i was doing. I savoured each moment, and was sadly disappointed when I was all done.

I can't wait for the next one!

tipitlessersigea3.png

Nice article as always. I think that if the Editor IS running out of ideas more people should be sending in their articles... otherwise it's not really the Editors fault...I mean if you're the one always doing them every week how can you have something fresh and innovative?

Bubsa, is there any other community does articles like these and if there are do they even come close to the quality of them? Seriously I would like to know.

Tip.it Articles are always something I look forward to reading.

dragonmblack,black%20%20%20pk3r.gif

black%20%20%20pk3r.gif

black%20%20%20pk3r.gif

Just like to add. I'm guessing the next one will be how DT was too hard, we need level 90 weapons that can hit 80s with the speed of a whip then something about how free players deserve barrows armour and a couple of our members areas and quest lines? :roll: Just judging on the last couple of articles lol.

zazacon said

I think you were just really unlucky or i was really lucky with ME2. I did it in the high 70's with high 40's agility and I didn't have any problems except las puzzle.

Just curious, but how do you do regicide with "high 40's" agility?

Cheers!

-BB

I personally liked Mourning Ends part 2, it's the only quest that has kept my occupied for a week of playing (no, I didn't use a guide, that would be circumventing the fun and making it merely tedious).

I want more quests like ME2, not less--although I did use about 600k worth of prayer pots, and another 100k of super energies. That's worth of, meaning about 100 pray pots and 50 super energies.

Mid level players arn't meant to find the expert level quests easy--I barely managed to complete monkey madness at 65 combat, borrowing a cannon from a friend and setting it up to kill him (and hiding out around the edge).

Desert treasure, for the "hardest combat quest" wasn't that bad either, maging the enemies (coincidently, there's a place you can mage any of them and be relatively safe, or you can just use the step back method, which allows pures to finish it).

So here I am asking for exactly the opposite of what the editor wants, other then the f2p quests--I feel they should get a few really high level ones that they would find much easier on members (prayer potions, barrows, whips, dragon, sharks, etc.), which would increase membership instead of decreasing it imho.

I'd like to see a few quests that were hard and limited to those with high combat stats, with very good rewards. Think ME2+Desert treasure for hardness (mazes with a boss at the end anyone) and rewards such as new weapons for level 80 that would be expensive, nontradable, etc. etc.

But that's just me, and I realize I'm not most of runescape :)

Man... it almost seems that ever since the article about The Old Nite, that "The Editor" is a completely different person... actually... scratch that almost...

I don't mean to be harsh or over-criticize, but the content lately has been lacking, especially in this article. Complaining about how quests are too hard when you don't keep track of what you're doing? Not to mention that the in-game guide tells you what things you are missing generally, and if not, the tip.it guides do. As for Mourner's End II, try doing it without a guide if you want true frustration :P (Not to mention you could've put on armor as soon as you entered the cave past the mourners, and Guthan makes things much easier).

I have a hard time believing this is the same "Editor" who started pouring out his soul to us a year ago in almost every article he or she wrote; who took the measures to find an interesting topic (almost) every week; who risked being hated by Andrew Gower himself (and the tip.it administrators) to let Jagex know how their actions came across, such as with Jagex Interfering?; who brought us guest authors such as Duke Freedom and Aming Heart; who tracked down every contact he could manage to pull off interviews with both N0valyfe and Zezima... *deep breath*

Where has the spirit gone?

*note* again... I'm sorry if I was too negative... I just miss the spirit our articles used to have... we have Blogscape forums for blogs.

I couldn't have said it any better myself! Great post. I too remember those great posts which i enjoyed reading every friday by the editor. But then as you said, they lost their energy and are turning into blogs. Yeah Jagex interfering was one of my favorite reads, maybe he stopped due to pressure under jagex, it's a shame though because those were my favorite articles. Yes maybe the editor should start using other people's article instead fo his own blogs if he starts running out of ideas, as it appeared in this case...

Byaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

newbankofrsyq0.gif

I must agree with starev there. I had all my quests done at 86 combat (including ME2 and RFD). I want more high level quests, that require high level skills and combat. For people with middle total level and qp there already are alot of quests to do. I want quests with so high skill requirements that I actually have to push myself to get there.

I read this latest article with a little amusement, but overall agreement with the subject matter.

I am currently combat level 68 and have completed all quests except Mournings Ends pt. 2 and Haunted Mine (which I am not going to complete as I do not want the reward - but that's another story) [proof available on request].

Yes, that includes Legends, which I completed at combat level 63, Recipe for Disaster final fights (combat 68), and desert treasure (combat 65).

Obviously I cannot comment on the difficulty of mournings ends pt2, however, I would say this:

The game needs more very difficult quests, both with high combat requirements and high skills requirements. I am combat level 68! and have completed nearly all of the quests. I am about as impure as you can get, and I cannot equip dragon or barrows armour or weapons. Whilst difficult quests may be annoying for some, I see them as a challenge - and at the moment there is only one left. So my simple message is that if you like quests, do them. If you find them annoying, and see them as "something you have to get over with" don't bother - the vast majority of quests do not give meaningful rewards. After all, Runescape is a game, we play to enjoy ourselves and have fun.

Thanks for reading

303 qp, total lvl 1984+

greengrrl.png

zazacon said

I think you were just really unlucky or i was really lucky with ME2. I did it in the high 70's with high 40's agility and I didn't have any problems except las puzzle.

Just curious, but how do you do regicide with "high 40's" agility?

Cheers!

-BB

Was thinking the exact same thing when I read it \'

It's an imposter, keeeeel him :XD:

10y3vig.png

proudtitan.png

I finally did DT at about 95 combat. Piece of cake. One word of advice, DO NOT use magic for the ice diamond (Damis?) Someone gave me the tip to wear dhide and use range. iece of cake! Killed him using 1 or 2 p pots and no food. Hardest one for me was the one that drained prayer. I took 10 p pots and used my last dose before I killed him.

I've got 6 quests left, and have been putting off MEP2. Think I'll keep puttign it off.

Oh and last part of RFD wasn't too difficult at 95 combat, just use portals to recharge after ea fight.