Tip.It Times Presents: Nice work on the new graphics Jagex!

Kiara_Kat

It is inevitable that there will be mixed opinions on articles. Theres going to be someone who likes them, and someone who dislikes them. The thing is to express your opinion in a civilized, mature manner.

Now there have been a lack of interesting articles lately. Admittedly, not everyone can be great or controversial, and I mean no disrespect to the staff, but there has been abit of an dry spell. I believe we have established since the "Bias Banning Raises Brows" article, the times articles have leaned towards the "safe" side. Is it out of respect to Jagex? Fear of the consequences? Both? Neither? I don't think anybody but those responsible for the publishing of such articles can say either way for sure.

The times article can focus on a peticular event, an update, a fictional story, a look into the past, predictions for the future, interviews, or just about anything else. I sent Kiara some suggestions for future articles about a week ago, that I hope will help them regarding ideas for future articles. I encourage others to post their thoughts and suggestions for future times articles, which Kiara stated earlier in this thread should be done here.

Things I have suggested for future articles are:

•  
    [*:kmr1h8hg] Pieces on former glitches, such as the knife bug or magic secateur bug.

[*:kmr1h8hg] An article discussing the rules of the game, and which ones people think are needed and which ones should not be rules.

[*:kmr1h8hg] A piece on findings before release or ones have not been released, such as construction materials.

[*:kmr1h8hg] An article covering the popular "Underground Farm" tale.

[*:kmr1h8hg] Interviews with Jagex staff, especially Andrew and Paul Gower themselves, being the creators and heads of the game.

[*:kmr1h8hg] A look back thru the years, starting from the beginning in 2001 and covering thru the present day.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

74gto

Chicken Feather

RSN: mario5513

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:29 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very nice! I totally agree that Jagex needs to make more f2p quest, well because i'm f2p and some of us cant pay for members. It's almost like jagex is sayin " I just want your money now become a member dang it!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually people like you who stay f2p and don't plan on becoming a member any time soon are just like people who quit you don't exist to jagex.

on the other hand that low lvl who plans to be a member when he beats d slayer is a whole differnt story

-BOW DOWN TO THE KING OF KINGS-

I finally did DT at about 95 combat. Piece of cake. One word of advice, DO NOT use magic for the ice diamond (Damis?) Someone gave me the tip to wear dhide and use range. iece of cake! Killed him using 1 or 2 p pots and no food. Hardest one for me was the one that drained prayer. I took 10 p pots and used my last dose before I killed him.

I've got 6 quests left, and have been putting off MEP2. Think I'll keep puttign it off.

Oh and last part of RFD wasn't too difficult at 95 combat, just use portals to recharge after ea fight.

He's still easy with magic lol I did at 92 combat with fire blast :wink:

the only parts of dt i found hard were the ice trolls (not the boss, just the 5 regular ice trolls) and the pyramid maze... i did it at about lvl 90 or so. i am lvl 102 now, i only have 2 quests left, but fortunately they are 2 easy ones, i just need some herb and smith lvls to do them. after i get those lvl i will prolly have both done in about 5 mins, lol.

I remember always looking forward to reading these articles, now they just seem to lack purpose...

I agree fully. This is becoming a mockery.

Does anyone happen to know death_siren? She stole a green mask from me, and I think I found my way into her ignore list. If you know anything, please, don't hesitate to give me a pm.

What a coincidence! The author says his goal is to complete all quests, and only Desert Treasure and Recipe are left, while Mourning Ends Part II was very difficult for him.

I also want to do all quests, and I have 3 quests left: Desert Treasure, Recipe, and... Mourning Ends Part II, where I keep falling.

Desert Treasure is terrible because the monsters are impossible to fight alone, I lost a full inventory of 4-dose prayer potions TWICE on the same monster and it still isn't dead!

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

i totally agree with the part a out new f2p quests. quests are one of the greatests things of runescape, and i have done all the f2p quests (one of the first things i did) but jagex doesnt seems to add a new quest. since im not a member i dont know how hard the other quests are, but looking at the most posts, they probaly are HARD.

still have to think up a nice signature

lol

What a coincidence! The author says his goal is to complete all quests, and only Desert Treasure and Recipe are left, while Mourning Ends Part II was very difficult for him.

I also want to do all quests, and I have 3 quests left: Desert Treasure, Recipe, and... Mourning Ends Part II, where I keep falling.

Desert Treasure is terrible because the monsters are impossible to fight alone, I lost a full inventory of 4-dose prayer potions TWICE on the same monster and it still isn't dead!

I was going to suggest waiting until higher level, but I see that you're 100+ by your sig. Anybody 100+ can definitely beat the monsters alone. Granted, it is difficult, but it can be done, and I saw people as high as 120 dying the day they did the quest, simply for lack of information (no guide yet) opposed to some kind of inability.

2 of them are easy (especially if you know to take ice gloves and don't have to resort to kicking one to death). The one in trollheim and the one in canifis are the only 2 that are truly difficult, but they can definitely be killed without dying. At worst, you should just have to teleport away if you don't succeed.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

There's just one thing... the editor said it took him several days to do ME2... it took me about 4 hours to complete it :D and with 65 or so agility (66 now so it was below 70).

Other than that, quests are boring and no point in doing them unless we get new spells or new areas...

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

First of all i only belive i failed that thing like twice. And i was only 76 agility at that time.

I also used monk robes and other prayer increasing gear to make the prayers last longer. I used 4 dose prayer potions and protect from melee the whole time. Only used like 50 4 dosers before i finished the quest.

I disagree with you when it comes to the difficulty of the quest(s). Make them harder! The harder the better. Because the less people that can complete it, the better you feel when you are one of those few that actualy do. Also harder quests tend to = better rewards.

Good luck on DeTr.

-F

I agree that the quests should be made harder! I have done every quest in Runescape land and love them. But, they should be harder. Personally, I did like Mournings end Part II. Yes, I too fell way too many times on the handhelds. That was the only part of the quest I did not like, especially when people lower in agility made it after about 10 tries. I used over 100 sharks and had mid 60s for agility. I just chalk it up to bad roll of the dice many many times... ha ha... But, other than that, it was a perfect quest.

Desert Treasure was AWESOME. You CAN do it by yourself. I went through it without dieing or having to leave. I was about 101 combat at that time. I did ALMOST die though and had my heart pounding a few times during it though. But, that is the way the quests should make you feel. They should have you on the edge of your seat, they should have your heart racing, they should have you frustrated, they should have you involved and they should take a TON of weight off your shoulders once you finish them and definately should give you a sense of satisfaction and true accomplishment for completeing it. THAT is what a quest is for!

I did not find recipe hard at all. But, it was a very fun quest and one of my favorite. that and Monkey Madness.

F2P ... F2P is there to let people play a fun game and decide if they want to join. Most sites give limited time and limited things to do. F2P should be happy as Jagex is one of the few that give free users unlimited time. Personally, I think Jagex should put a cap on F2P players at about 70 or 80th level. but, that is just me and probably not a popular opinion. But, as the old saying goes..... you get what you pay for... In this case they get alot for paying nothing.... :-) If they PAID and Jagex got more members, then they could probably spruce up Runescape MUCH much more. I dont feel sorry for the freeloaders not ... uhh.. ummm... uuhh.. I mean free players not having enough to do. Jagex already spends a ton of money hosting many many servers for the free players. I am sure ALOT of cash goes out the door for their bandwidth usage. Who picks up that charge? Ultimately the members are paying for them to play free. the focus should be entirely on the members. Kudos to Jagex for realizing that. :uhh:

ME2 was brutal. I've done em all btw, and that was by far the worst. some of them appear to be just mere timewasters, think about it, the faster a player gets his lvls up the faster some quit playing. Runescape is a grind. there are a minimum of two or three months of quests there. its all part of their business model. I'm thankful that some of them arent harder.

the rewards I think blow. great I get a keyring, that doesn't take half of my keys!!!!!!!!!!! thats the sort of thing that peeves me off.

I had hopes that this vampire filled one would finally mean our long needed blood alter... alas it didn't...

quest1ew8.jpg

http://rsdo.net/sigs/users/s/sharkeater75.png

126 combat. 2001 total. 101 prayer. and off to go WoWin.

WHEEE NO MORE RANDOMS!!!! -.-

tottally agree about how jagex should make some new f2p quest!

ya hes true about giving more f2p quests, i mean come on there are non members who will never go members ive heard of lvl 90 that never went, you no hard that must be with so many people there. So i say please consider giving a few quest to f2p, they are almost 1 to 3 and possbily going higher with all the new quest that are gonna come out. And the people who can not pay they just play free and when they get bored what you think they do they quit so once again i say give i say 1 quest to free at least every 3 to 4 months to keep the game enjoyable to even those who do have the money to pay

Alil side note: yes i am a member i just feel for the people, and 2 ya i no its only 5 a month but there are still people who cant afford it

barrowsfranger,Lavijoe.gif

newscapere4.gif

Jagex already spends a ton of money hosting many many servers for the free players. I am sure ALOT of cash goes out the door for their bandwidth usage. Who picks up that charge? Ultimately the members are paying for them to play free. the focus should be entirely on the members. Kudos to Jagex for realizing that. :uhh:

Once i read this i had to get outa bed and write more... Do you realize how many members are there? tell u truth i dont either but when we have; and ill check this now, 61 give or take servers with 1000 members in each do the math... thats alot 1000 x 5 x 61 and the money comes rolling in.... you right tho about we pay for them... but without them we'd be nothing (high lvls) who does all that work pickin flax, new members (this part didnt come out as planned) and who mines all the ess for us when we're to lazy to, free (this did but with the new puure ess not sure anymore)... One thing you didnt mention krytie was what about the non members who never come members... you said put a cap on them as in what? telling them to pay or the stop playing? you cant do that cuz this game is so good! Like i said in the post above we members jsut hit our 100th quest and already one or two already came out so 102 vs. the boring (checking how many now) 18 what is that... thats almost 6 to 1 what will you do when it gets 10 to 1 and 20 to 1 more and more yes f2p will come to p2p but what about that 1% who will not (PLease do a poll to see how many people did go to members and have many are considering it and how many people WILL NEVER go to members so we get an exact number here) why not make everyone happy even that 1% its that 1% of new people who cant afford who spread the word about this game so why not like my other post thank the f2p for everything they do and give a few more f2p quest...

Note: i will always fight this, i am for f2p quest even tho i am a member

also yes i do realize i have spellin errors and my context may be confusing but work with me here

barrowsfranger,Lavijoe.gif

newscapere4.gif

I read this latest article with a little amusement, but overall agreement with the subject matter.

I am currently combat level 68 and have completed all quests except Mournings Ends pt. 2 and Haunted Mine ....

The game needs more very difficult quests, both with high combat requirements and high skills requirements. I am combat level 68! and have completed nearly all of the quests. I am about as impure as you can get, and I cannot equip dragon or barrows armour or weapons. Whilst difficult quests may be annoying for some, I see them as a challenge - and at the moment there is only one left. So my simple message is that if you like quests, do them. If you find them annoying, and see them as "something you have to get over with" don't bother - the vast majority of quests do not give meaningful rewards. After all, Runescape is a game, we play to enjoy ourselves and have fun....

I agree with this post.

I have been playing for a year and have done all of the quests. I completed Devious Minds on 6th April - the last quest then available to me- having done them all inside 9 months and with a maximum combat level of 83 (rather lower for MEP2, but cannot remember what for sure).

I did all of the hard quests with low to medium levels and without fancy armour, weapons and friends. This is not a virtue - it's just the way I enjoyed it. I love hard quests. The harder the better. Yes I fell of those handholds, what? thirty or forty times. But I carried on and completed MEP2 and was proud to have done so.

I love that parts of runescape and some equipment are for elite players. Something to aim for and then to enjoy.

Oh and by the way - IT'S BORING to keep ranting on about 'poor editors articles'. Please, either put-up (interesting contributions) or shut up. :boohoo:

Blecca.png

Jagex already spends a ton of money hosting many many servers for the free players. I am sure ALOT of cash goes out the door for their bandwidth usage. Who picks up that charge? Ultimately the members are paying for them to play free. the focus should be entirely on the members. Kudos to Jagex for realizing that. :uhh:

Once i read this i had to get outa bed and write more... Do you realize how many members are there? tell u truth i dont either but when we have; and ill check this now, 61 give or take servers with 1000 members in each do the math... thats alot 1000 x 5 x 61 and the money comes rolling in.... you right tho about we pay for them... but without them we'd be nothing (high lvls) who does all that work pickin flax, new members (this part didnt come out as planned) and who mines all the ess for us when we're to lazy to, free (this did but with the new puure ess not sure anymore)... One thing you didnt mention krytie was what about the non members who never come members... you said put a cap on them as in what? telling them to pay or the stop playing? you cant do that cuz this game is so good! Like i said in the post above we members jsut hit our 100th quest and already one or two already came out so 102 vs. the boring (checking how many now) 18 what is that...

Well,

wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runescape) says:

...nearly nine million active free players and 800,000 paying members...

Blecca.png

One note on Mourning's End Part 2...

After getting through the mourner place, you can change into whatever armor you want, I used black dragonhide and it was really useful...though I still agree that puzzles and high damage monsters should not be mixed, I would have really enjoyed doing the quest without a guide, but the shadows made me decide to use a guide in order to minimize wasted food. :x :XD:

Blooblyblobl.gif

Legends quest completed at lvl 47 on X Legendre X

#3056 to 99 firemaking, achieved on July 4th, 2007.

Tied for #1854 to 99 farming, achieved on September 3rd, 2008.

I try not to use the quest guides at all, as I love the challenge also. There are many quests out there for low level people. I think that there should be more for high levels. I am now 111 in combat, but would love to see a few quests that I would have to train higher to get. Now, as mentioned, this can get boring. Give me a reason to want to train harder to get something. Make a quest or two that only level 120s and above or having over 95 in one of the combat skills with high hit point will make it doable. I know many would complain, but I am one of those people that love a challenge. Once you are high enough in RS, everything becomes sort of annoying at times. I would love to see quests that have even regular skill levels needed in the 80s. gives me a reason to level that skill.

BTW: For the person that got upset at my comments... dont take it too seriously... ha ha... It was half joking. Actually, I could care if Jagex gives non-members quests or not. But, you did bring up a good point. Maybe it would be good to entice them a bit more. But, maybe like 1 quest every 6 months or so? But seriously for non-members, Jagex is very good at giving them alot. Well, compared to other games. Also,the bandwidth usage must be HUGE for Jagex. We only pay $5 a months and trust me, their network usage fees will eat up a very large portion of that. I am a networking director and I do have to pay the networking charges for my firm. They run a large percentage of our budget...... Professional lines are many many times more expensive than the home versions.

worst report u have ever written.. it was fairly pointless.. even I cud of wrote a better article!! lol \'

If you're going to claim that you're able to write better, at least know how to spell "could" please.

Critics should try to be constructive :P

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

i enjoyed this weeks article just like all the rest. i would have to agree with the new f2p quests. and good luck on desert treasure :) i was planning on doing it this weekend as well, but since i'm low on homework, i think i'll start. and i've seen a level 40 in full ghost robes... if he can manage, i'm sure you can. but once again, good luck :)

darkmastersmq7.png

Reached my goal of 1500 total! Now, I'm off to train for fire cape :)

To the Editor,

I think what you're trying to get at is the "tedium factor", something I feel way too much myself, and this article strikes a chord with me.

I don't mind quests with tough monsters, I don't mind quests with tricky puzzles. That's fun.

But when you find yourself somewhere doing the same thing over and over and over again, only inching your way forward, being nickle-and-dimed by little annoyances, that is simply tedious.

I have no intention of doing Monkey Madness, Mourning's End, and I'm in no rush to get Desert Treasure out of the way precisely because of what you describe.

Because Runescape has enough tedious junk to contend with. I'm a member, and while I'm not there yet, I know I'm quickly approaching the point where I won't be interested in continuing in the game, because of the tedious nature of advancement.

The thought of countless hours clicking and mining, or woodcutting, or fishing. I simply can't do it.

At the very least, I'm not going to pay for a video game to bore the living crap out of me. If I'm F2P, I won't mind as much if I don't come on for a day or thirty.

How is that a successful way to run a business? The longer you have a customer, the less enjoyable the experience becomes?

That's why folks join clans: the game itself starts to, well, suck.

Not too long ago I came to the conclusion that I'm going to use member-only items and methods to make a really good F2P character.

1. I'll build up combat using whips, dragon weapons, members spells, cannons, etc.;

2. Stock up on natures and laws by crafting my own runes;

3. Bulk up prayer using the ecto-fungus and gilded altar in my house;

4. Make and sell members only items (and/or merchant them) to get a several million in the bank (in the process building up mining, smithing and crafting);

5. Sell all my members items for several million more, and then let my membership lapse.

So I'll end up paying Jagex for about 7-8 months of Members play ($35-$40 US), and then I'll stop paying.

For some reason, Runescape actually encourages people to think like this. At least, I feel it does.

I don't get it. I really don't. Why would Jagex want me to think like this?

Maybe there's something I'm missing, but if there is, you'd think Jagex would make an effort to make sure I don't.

I've already started checking out other MMORPGs. Why would they want me to?