Tip.It Times Presents: Nice work on the new graphics Jagex!

Kiara_Kat

I agree with the quest thing. The only thing is that to do dragon slayer, its special for f2p people like me. They have to complete EVERY quest, and then they can have pride in that.

But i'd rather see some new quests. I'm a geek who reads a lot of the updates for fun, and it bugs me that nearly every one of them is p2p.

"Dost hath not giveth thy name 'noob' to thy brethren...

...Or thou art must considereth thyself a noob as well."

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you dont like the article..fine, if you liked the article..fine.

Whats the problem?? Everyone is different, how boring would it be if we were'nt? If you think you can right better then do so, i am sure tip.it would be most happy to receive and possibly publish it...if its good enough :D

Slightly off topic but somewhat tenuously related, why oh why did i get a random attack from the swarm when i was already attacking the final boss at the end of a quest? I had to run out of the cave and then go back in. Which quest? Can't remember the quest name but it was set in karamja and you get to use shilo village after defeating the queen of the dead. :? But surely the powers that be at Jagex Towers would know if i am busy or just standing around picking fluff out of my crevices :-X

Just a thought........... :lol:

Dracofragger.png

first drag drop (skirt) 21/08/06, second (spear) 29/09/07

I think it's kind of stupid to complain about every single article, if you dont like it dont read it. I agree that f2p needs more quests, i did all of them well over a year ago at level 43 combat... all those high level f2p'ers need an actuall challenge IMO

EDIT: After several people pointed out you need to read an article to know if you like it or not (:wall:) i would like to clarify that i was referring to the tipit times in general... :-w

OK I am a long time tip.it user, since classic. Ane when Tip.it times came out it was really intresting, but then it only got onto the subject of the "Econemy" and how P-hats raised and lowered in prices and it sorta got stupid. IM SICK AND TIRED OF THE ECONEMY ONES I mean the first one was intresting, but after that it was just stupid. And the current article was pretty stupid, no offence, but it was. I mean when I started and finished Mourners 2 within 2 days, it was easy (although I do admit those handhelds were a PAIN!) and I was only around lvl 70 something with 57 agility or somewhere round there, been a while since I did it. But the quests are just fine Jagex should not change a thing about them, if you cant handle the mind strain of the puzzle and the annoyance of the monsters then DONT DO THE QUEST! gosh they do that on purpose so as to give peole a challenge and not just go around fetching an egg, a bucket of milk, and some flour. And about some of the article just being about you seems a smidge selfish, if you want to make the articles more realistic and intresting, ask others people opinions see what every one else thinks besides just your opinion. And about the make a new F2P quest, normaly Im like "Jagex doesnt update F2P for a reason because the members pay 5$ dolars a month to earn those things, and all the F2P is play." but yeah I guess it has been WAY to long since Jagex made a new F2P quest I mean the most recent one was Rune mysteries right? And that was when Runecrafting came out so members AND nonmembers could do it, but yeah they should make a new quest.

n1191361023_30232297_6865.jpg

Well I must agree the quality of these articles has slipped a bit lately. BUT, since I don't even have any intention as of yet to try one myself I'll forget about it.

Now I don't agree on easier quests, as I also have a 3 digit combat and I'm somewhat really good at puzzles and on their own neither can come close to challenging me. And to add to that I know I'm not the best, there are a lot of people out there who would be a lot better than me at puzzles, or have a lot higher combat level and if quests as they are (which is all of them except devious minds and FT part 2 which I haven't started) can't challenge me, imagine what it's like for those people.

So that is why we need a mix of puzzles and action, difficult puzzles with equally difficult monsters to spice up what would likely be a bland quest otherwise.

As for F2P, though they do not pay for the game it's true they should something new every now and then, but as of late they have gotten a few updates so maybe just one more quest for now otherwise Jagex may throw off their desires to pay for membership.

randy_1009.png

tottally agree about how jagex should make some new f2p quest!

because it's a DEMO, live with it.

ON TOPIC: Not that great of an article, mostly because quests generally aren't that fun and MOST have poor rewards. After reading old articles of yours again, 3/10

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Hahaha.

MEII - completed at lvl 85 and lvl 57 agility.

It wasn't hard. I just did it in the first two days it came out and one of my friends was there so we helped each other through. The ONLY thing that got me was that i forgot to turn the red beam around so i could get back in again. Had to do the final door twice.

Yeah btw there's a reason its called a MASTER quest. Only the good runescape players can do them. You need skill, not just a high level.

F2P = NO NEW QUESTS.

Seriously if want them pay the TINY sum of money. Other games like WOW cost over twice what runescape asks. Are you that stingy? And if you can't pay for some bizare reason. DEAL WITH IT.

asrhasrh.jpg

i have to say, even before i read everyone's comments on this thread, i was already feeling that this was a pretty badly written article.

it seems to me that the editor might be running out of things to write about.

now, i don't plan on throwing out an overly condescending attitude like some people here *bcoughbsacough*, but i really do feel that the articles are starting to lose potency.

give us something insightfully mindblowing to read, something we'll remember while we play the game. NOT a blog.

p.s. to Bubsa

like what has already been said, if yuo think you can enlighten us with your writing better than The Editor (which you probably can) THEN DO IT.

proud quest cape owner

here's my first post on the TIF (scroll to the bottom)

feel free to pm me, but do make sure that i know you're a Tip.It user (in other words, give me a HYT)

signatureTIF.jpg

Nice to see that all the criticism from the last article was comprehensively ignored.

Busba, instead of complaining that the Editor "ignored" your criticism, why don't you buckle down and write an article for us? We always accept well-thought out and well written pieces, so why not try your hand at it?

And I'm sorry if you think your comments were ignored. They were not. Just because we didn't jump and change everything to the way you'd like it to be, does not mean that we ignore our users' comments. On the contrary. We take all the comments we receive very seriously indeed, and where we feel it's warranted, we implement changes. We have over 100,000+ users in our Community, and not all of them agree with you. So as I said, if you have an article you'd like to submit, we'd welcome it. Or why don't you suggest some topics? I'm certain the Editor would enjoy receiving some different topic ideas...

Very well said :mrgreen: If I didn't know any better I'd swear you were raichase in disguise...

Anyway, on the subject of the article:

I for one found it to be fairly well written, even though as an f2per very little of it had anything to do with me.

I will, however, say this on the subject of quests:

The more a quest drives you crazy, the happier you'll be when you beat it. This is true for just about anything you set out to do. I suppose that's just the optimistic way of looking at things, but the article really was an "is the glass half empty or half full?" piece. (Some say the glass is half empty, some say it's half full, I fill the glass while no one's watching so I can watch t.v. in piece :P )

I will agree 100% though that jagex has done an exellent job on the new graphics (though IMO they should have kept ALL the graphical updates for the next year or so hidden, and work on completely re-doing the whole rs graphical system, rs3 anyone? IMO that would have been much cooler).

I recently (as in yesterday and the day before) fire blasted my way from 59 to 67 mage, all on lessers (well I started on mossies, but then opted for the tower's lesser). I was very pleased with the new looks.

The only problem I have with it is that I also liked the older graphics. Something about lesser demons and moss giants amused me. The new ones look very out of place next to the rest of the rs graphics.

Quit runescape, now playing EVE-Online(Mail Cambarus and say hi :mrgreen: )

p.s. to Bubsa

like what has already been said, if yuo think you can enlighten us with your writing better than The Editor (which you probably can) THEN DO IT.

If you can enlighten me as to when I actually said that, then by all means.

Fantastic article. I always enjoy the contributions. In fact, it's a weekly part of my reading schedule. Thanks again!

Although I do like challenging quests, I would have to agree that Mournings End II was especially trying on my patience. Part of that, though, was not so much the annoying factor as much as it was my desire to get it finished quickly. In thinking of this article, I would disagree and say that I enjoy mixing the challenge levels together and at the same time, give some pride to being able to finish some of the more difficult quests. Instead of it just being dependent on a certain level acquired, there should (and is somewhat) be some dependence on the skill of the player. That's why I appreciate quests like Mournings End II (although please don't make me do it again). Anyhow, a very enjoyable article as always, keep them coming and thank you for putting your thoughts out there.

By the way, this is just a side, but I was wondering if you would need more guest writers. I would certainly enjoy doing something like that, and am enrolled in a degree in professional writing. And again, thanks guys for your hard work weekly on this site!

I understand what you're getting at with Mournings End II, it was a difficult quest. I don't think it was too difficult though. I happened to bring my Guthans with me when I did it (on the first day)...Although it did take up precious space in my inventory I never had to telepport back to restock in food of any kind. The monsters were a mere annoyance. I personally loved the quest, besides the whole dropping to the floor below several times after attempting the hand holds and eventually having to do it again for a later part of the quest. Besides that, it wasn't too bad. It took me 6 hours to beat it and I cheered once I was done.

I just want to say as an F2P player I appreciate your suggestion at the end. I will most likely become P2P eventually but I don't want to pay $5 a month doing some I can do for free and that's leveling up all my F2P skills. So untill they become respectable sorry Jagex one less membership from me for a while. But still I'm sure that my skills would raise up a little faster if I had one or two decent sized quests like Dragon Slayer to go to when I become frusturated because I've mined 1K coal and still not leveled :wall: . Even better make one more quest for us like Recipe For Disaster where we've got to work up our skills just to beat the quest. Then I would have something to look foward to every time I wanted to just throw all my clay I was going to craft into pots into the river. Because I'm sure I'm not the only one who's not wanting to waste my precious $5. So next time your thinking about an advertising strategy to get more members don't only think about making more quests to drag us in. Think about about doing something for F2P players that shows you care about us as well.

By the way I'm not broke I could pay for the membership if I wanted to but not everyone can. Most of these are 9,10, or 11 year old kids who's parents don't want there credit card number given out to a gaming company they've never heard of (no offense Jagex). That's yet another reason why you should make one more F2P quest that requires lots of your skills being in the 60's/70's. This would have to mean that this quest could only be done by dedicated F2P players. Maybe if you show your consideration for F2P like I mentioned above these kids will one day think back and say "Hey Jagex did something for me way back then when I was F2P. Now that I can pay for them without nagging parents worried about credit card fraud, I should because of how much they cared for me." Now as corny as that may sound I would think that if I was in that situation I would say that to myselfs later on.

And one more thing. Take F2P people like Voncritic (for those of you who don't know he's a high level ranger who is a commited Tip. It member and celebrated his 1000th total level last July) who still love the game even though they've done so much. I mean come on, if my calculations are correct he's got over 66% of his total levels considering in F2P you can only get a total level of 1495.

Well thanks for listening to my two cents worth and if you read this Voncritic hope you don't mind me mentioning you.

item1136088425.png

Sugar Hill's Mining Delight Ore Company

Check It Out It's Owned By Me

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=533779

You know what? Bubsa has nearly 10k posts on this forum, probably among the highest all time post counts. I think he's made a lot of great contributions to this forum and its success, so if he wants to criticize, I'll let him.

Thank you editor for mentioning my name in your article. I'll probably write more articles and submit them as the inspiration strikes.

Now for the rest of you, I had no idea who to submit the article so I made a logical guess, and I guessed right. Kind of like doing a quest in RS, one about as hard as, uhm, Cook's Assistant.

Having done some research into publishing professionally (though sadly lacking any real success in that endeavor), I've learned that editors who allow open submissions tend to get a lot more than they can handle. This means five things:

1. Only those articles that require the least amount of editing get considered.

2. Only those articles that the editor enjoys reading get considered.

3. Only articles of the appropriate length will get considered.

4. Only original articles about current topics will get considered.

5. If the editor is writing his own articles, then submitted articles will only get published if the editor doesn't have anything else, and only one submitted article will get published at a time. (Unless they change their format, which I don't think will happen)

So, if you do submit an article, take the time to make sure you've spelled everything right, you used good grammar, and make sure it's an enjoyable read of the correct length. Take this time to make sure the article is good before you hit that submit button, but don't hold your breath waiting for it to be published. (My last article waited about 3 weeks for publication, and I thought that was rather quick!)

Now Mr. Editor, since I've just layed out clear and simple rules on how to submit articles, I apologize in advance for all the noobs who will submit articles without bothering to do any of this stuff. You can't say I didn't try.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

hehe.... i liked to read the last bit of the article most, the part wenn "the editor" talks about mid lvl players completing mournigns ends 2 ^^ really made me feel even better about me :P because i completed it like lvl 80 combat and only 56 aggillety... it took me ages to get over aggil gap :P and multiple loads of summer pies... (thats how i do.. i combine everything, instead of brining earth and water runes, bring mud runes ^^ instead of aggil pot, energy pot, and food, bring summer pie ^^)

and its always cool to hear that someone with a 3 digit combat lvl is still working on the goal i completed like 2 or 3 month ago already ^^

Total hear where the Editor is coming from with mournings end part 2.

At the risk of sounding big-headed I will say I am very very good at most puzzles and when doing that quest the constant beasty attacks often threw me off what I was doing so I lost my diea for the solution midway through placing it. The handholds were very annoying, you only need 50? (60?) aglity to do the quets (due to regicide requirements) yet even with 75 agility I wasted atleast 1 invetory of food crossing them.

It was insanely hard, especially when trying to solve the puzzle without the aid of a guide. So I hear what the Editor is saying here, even if it luckily only took me 8 hours of game play to solve. (my friends thankfully collected 90% of the items for me after I found a list on the forums of what would be needed)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I have to say... I did mournings end pt 2 on a med lvl (~80). I have to admit I used a guide for the major part :oops:

And you dont'have to wear mournings outfit during the maze. you could just have brought rune armour :P

I did mep2 under 85 with like a 53 prayer and high agility np passing the hand holds with only one fail was nice though.

Yes I used the guides for the maze (man that's be brutal to figure out on your own) but what you said explains it all...

I have a 3-digit combat level and my Agility is level 70. What IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d very much like to know is how does anyone complete this quest as a medium level player?

First off your triple digit combat won;t help you here rofl. That's one of the reasons this quest was ranked master. Second, the entire mourner series encourages you to work on your agility more so than anyother quest really.

Much like you need 70+ cooking for rfd, you need 57+ agility for mep2, live with it.

Also, you handicapped yourself severely by staying outfitted in junk mourners gear. Much like you don;t wear rune armor on a boss that uses magic, in mep two you don;t wear non pray+ equipment in the temple. Just because you made the quest harder on yourself doesn;t mean the "medium level" player will as well, perhaps because they don;t have a triple digit combat level to rely upon.

Cheers!

-BB