Player Owned Stalls

yeah_you_are

Yea, i don't see how this would work out. You either have endless rows of players stalls, and search than go to it. Or POH like thing where you search and go to the stall. But if there's more than one, how does it pick. I don't get how this is not exactly like the forums on this hand.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice idea. I like the portal idea. Mabye in each world there would be a limited amount of stall space. And once you leave the area ( the music would change) your stall is deleted, if you log out its deleated too. You must pay 10k to open a stall. I was thinking that when you search for a stall, you search for the item, not the name. And the search would automaticlly take you to the stall, unless its on a differen world.

once again...this is exactly like the forums. Except the rental fee, is 5 bucks a month. Seriously...this IS the forums. Still a lot of flaws like if u search, would it take you 2 which ones? How would u manually locate it? It'll wind up being an in game version of the forums.

i "used" to play silk road... everytime u walked/ran near the player owned stalls, it lagged a hell of alot.. but the idea of just having them stand there with writing permanently on top until they didn't want would be a good idea.. it also discourages auto-typing !!Yay! :D

it wouldnt discourage auto typing because the auto typers would probaly prefer to auto type than waster 10k or so selling something on a stall, as auto typing would save them money, and be easier.

To acuttly combine this with consrtuct would be the best. That way you can have a butler run the shop for you. And the higher the lvl the better looking it can be and the more stuff you can sell in it.

troope1.gif

I will shoot down any one with my bitting wit, and sarcasm!

What POSSIBLE reason would someone have to make a fake like that?Does he profit from faking a picture like that? Does it help him at all?Jesus Christ, stop being so suspicious. This is Tip.it for God's sake, not RuneHQ. -_-

I had about the same idea. You have to rent the land out by paying money for it. Then you use 4 logs, 4 cowhides ( or leather ), and some planks to set up the stall. You can add finishings to the stall, covering the logs/ planks in molten gold or silver, adding a sword or a shield to the top of the stall, anything that attracts attention really.

I support. Maybe it could be a portal of sorts, like houses, and you can pick which stall you go to. This would also make it so people didn't put random names like 'BALBALBALBLABLA", since nobody would know roughly what they were saying. Then it wouldn't crowd up any of the F2P/P2P map; it'd only take up the portion that a portal takes up.

RokrinMageTextAd1.png

Im not an addict or anything...but I just cant give it up.

this concept will just not work.

1.It will eliminate Merching, entirely there being a global market that can be acessed from set points ingame instantly, at set prices as you know Merchanting is based upon people wanting an item you have bought for less on another section of the world.

good idea i would enjoy it but then merchanters life would be easier....

They just go to herblore stall buy all the herbs then sell them higher at there herblore stand.... :?

NEW TIPIT ACCOUNT-KNOTCH_BLADE

951471843knotch.jpg

Click For Bloggeh [Mage 55/55][Defence 26/40] Crafting[32/40]

Jagex will never add this i am COMPLETELY against this. Merchants like me would be put out of business! It would ruin economy, it would be like, brb.. just going to eat tea while i leave stalls set up... You are thinking " but if your inactive it will log you out.. well not hard to set something up to click every now and then. or AFK MERCHANT! Jagex is against AFK. So I am against. :shame: Ah well. respect the idea. But what i see alot is "well other MMORPGS have..." RUNESCAPE ISNT LIKE OTHER MMORPGS! Get over it! Now live with what you got or dont play. \'

Jagex will never add this i am COMPLETELY against this. Merchants like me would be put out of business! It would ruin economy, it would be like, brb.. just going to eat tea while i leave stalls set up... You are thinking " but if your inactive it will log you out.. well not hard to set something up to click every now and then. or AFK MERCHANT! Jagex is against AFK. So I am against. :shame: Ah well. respect the idea. But what i see alot is "well other MMORPGS have..." RUNESCAPE ISNT LIKE OTHER MMORPGS! Get over it! Now live with what you got or dont play. \'

if you do afk still youll be logged out in 3 minutes or so, if you say youll just type something or lick somewhere before it what can you do in under 3 minutes thats entermaining enought, too short for TV, too short to run downstairs and eat something, too short to do homework, not gonna help much to merchanting. Besides all the stalls gonna do is auto open the trade window, you still need to offer the stuff, or were you guys thinking something else?

sorry if you consider this flaming, not trying to.

After reading this article i am preferably to an announcement board in each bank stating what you are selling, what price ect. This wouldn't be universal; however, so for example if you put up a notice in the falador bank people could only read it if they are in Falador bank, nowhere else. You could also type in a key word such as Swords and it would show you what people are advertising swords to sell. This would be reversible for buying items. Also at the bottom of the advertisment there could be a button that if pressed will notify that someone wanted to buy or sell items to you. And also just in case you advertised in many places at once, there would be, along with the notice, a message telling you what bank and what person.

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.

- Joseph Stalin (1878-1953)

I like the bulliten board idea, like just list that your selling item x for x money or buying item x for x money that way no one needs to talk just type silently in a place I can't hear them

I don't think the bulletin board idea will work, unless its searchable. And isn't that what the forums are for? Way to similar to the forums, shifts the crowd away from yelling to posting on this board.

I don't like. But rather than doing that, i think perhaps having a "examine playerABC" just like on an NPC. And it could be a description, or saying what they sell and at what price. That way saves yelling and typing, pppl would just examine each other.

Stalls are good, but it may make things too much easier. I like the idea, but if think its too impractical. Although,,,

To acuttly combine this with consrtuct would be the best. That way you can have a butler run the shop for you. And the higher the lvl the better looking it can be and the more stuff you can sell in it.

People could go to houses, look thru stalls there. If it was introduced, i think the only way could be thru construction. That way merchanting requires the use of skills. (thats a first)

Matt

I would love to have an own stall

I'm thinking about this:

1. Make your own stall with some planks and nails.

2. Put the stuff that you want to sell in it by simple clicking it in your inventory.

3. Price each item

4. Other people can open your stall and look like in a general store or stall how many you ask for an item, if they want to buy they simple click 'buy ...' The item dissapears and you get money in your inventory.

I think this is a very good way to avoid scammers and to not lose alot of time by trading. It would also be alot of fun to look to other peoples sales.

I totally support!

The Death Angels

More info visit: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=650075