Abbyss tele service frequently if you are in barrows?

alwin_loser

i always find that if you perform a different action just once, you seem to be more likely to get a random. e.g. i often get a random the first swordie i fish or the first tree i chop. Or if I am randomly alching a single item that you get as a drop then i get a random. It's a bit odd like that. I used to get quite a few abyss tele's coming from barrows too (I use house tablets now - never got a random off them).

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

Random. random. RANDOM. R-A-N-D-O-M. RaNdOm. rAnDoM.

No matter how you say it, it's still true. It's a random event! I seriously doubt that barrows would lead to many more "teleport service" events than normal if you teleport to your house from barrows. Why would it? Even if Jagex wanted to nerf Barrows, I think they'd do something better than THAT.

Seriously, it's not like saying "I seem to die more often fighting the KBD unarmed than I do woodcutting." :roll:

70herby.png

world 2, ogre enclave when t tele to watch tower, soo many times

same here when i got first whip from ranigng blues, 9/10 times i got it.

we have all done this before

one time i woke up sleeping under my bed with a jello and a spoon lol :ohnoes:

Barrow Items: 31

Le MTA vous poss̮̬̉̉de baiseur de m̮̬̉̉re

A while back when I collected around 800 Dragon bones/hides in the ogre enclave, I got the abyss teleport thing about every time I teleported. Not too annoying. But what was is that I got EVIL BOB like 8-9 times. Every time I had a full inventory when it happened, which meant I had to take the time to drop items, catch the fish, run to bob and feed him, and run back and quickly pick up my items. And hope nobody else gets teleported in. I think for how irritating that random is you should get somthing more than a k of fishing xp.

i bet you someday, so bleached-face nerd will crack the code on how you get random events, there has to be some scripting thast jagex uses.....ah well im going with the old-school style....its just pure luck.

I don't think so. I don't know how much you know about programming, but most, if not all, programming languages have a function to generate random numbers. The could Jagex uses to determine wether you should be normally teleported or get a abyssal service error should look something like this:

ev_random = random(nr)    // Generate a random number, ranging from 0 to nr, so if nr is 10, the chance you would get a random event is 1 out of 11.

if(ev_random == 5) {

create_random_event;

}

NOTE: this is just a EXAMPLE code, I don't know how the real code is looking, nor do I know which language Jagex uses (anyone? My guess is Java or C/C++ but I'm not sure) so this is probably way different, but it's just to show you that the only thing you might find out is how many times a certain event takes place.

-rixxon