Guide to quitting (or cutting down) [on] runescape

blacksimon

So you are so into this game that you feel like it is destroying your life and your relationships with friends and family. Maybe youre just saying "noob" too often in real life. Well here it is peeps, a guide to ridding yourself of the runescape addiction.

Part One - Fixing your runescape fix

-Any drug you are addicted to requires that you get your "fix"

your runescape fix could be getting 85 mining, fighting big monsters, pking etc.

-Instead of playing runescape, play halo, play warcraft, play monopoly, if you like killing big monsters go play WoW, and if you like pking, take up a Paintball hobby

-Set teeny-tiny goals and be proud of them

Example:

*Sir I want to quit: Man, my goal is to get 1 ranged level, and that's it, Ill logg off

*Runescape addict: Why just one? if you play all day you can get 4

*Sir I want to quit: Naw, I have to go (insert activity here) with my girlfriend

Part Two - Getting rid of what you enjoy most (moneh)

-Money is what makes people more addicted to runescape, when i went broke, ir was very easy for me to quit.

-Drop all your stuff at a drop party or give to a good friend

EXAMPLE:

*Sir I want to quit: Hey addict, here have all my stuff that i like

*Addict: Why thanks you (The addict presses both accept buttons in less than half a second)

Part Three - Self contraint

-Do what you have to, log into your router, block runescape.com and change the router password to something random by pressing random keys on your keyboard, and if it asks for the pass twice, just copy n paste

-Stay away from the "Rate this" Forum, it can get rather annoying because you get to see peoples banks and stats and wished you could get them yourself, the help and advice and the archive of wisdom are your friends

-Make new friends, tell everyone that you are quitting

Part Four - Just cutting down on gameplay

-Sell everything you have exculding one skill, do nothing but that one skill till your 99.

EXAMPLE:

Addict: Come kill abbies with me

Sir I want to cut down: Sorry, I sold everything, im woodcutting till 99

Addict: Hmm, good idea, I think ill do the same

Meh, its not much, but it's a guide

(Comment/Add/Dont flame me or send me threatening letters/Mail me cookies)

:-s

sigsn9.jpg

I'm not sure that playing WoW is a good option for someone trying to quit Runescape.. :) Talk about jumping from one fire to another!

One thing that I do to try to limit my Runescape play time is to force myself to "earn" it : I don't allow myself to play Runescape on any given night unless I've done my exercise for the day. Sometimes I don't feel like playing after doing the exercise and if I do, at least I've also done something "good".

I used to be totally addicted to a mud (an all text game from way back, same general idea to RS). I decided that I wanted to quit so I gave my password to another player and let him go on a pking rampage with my character (pking was illegal on this particular mud). My account was perma-banned / deleted and although I came back with other accounts from time to time, I eventually quit for good. That said, getting banned is a somewhat effective way to quit (but not very nice).

I love your other guide about "Being Cool" btw.

elle2nq7.jpg

Rather than giving away your bank, why not invest in a rare (if you can get the money together that is...) That way if/when you come back you will be required to do less to get your items back, possibly making it easier to play less when you come back...

I_Xpk3r_I: Future Mayhem Maker

Rather than giving away your bank, why not invest in a rare (if you can get the money together that is...) That way if/when you come back you will be required to do less to get your items back, possibly making it easier to play less when you come back...

Because then you might want to play again.

The point is to get you to quit, not to come back again when your rare has jumped in price.

The most important part of quitting is that your bank MUST be empty, if you don't like giving away free stuff, sell everything, buy a rare and alch it on vid standing next to the kbd.

hehe, ial.

Can't wait for another guide by you. =p

99 Ranged F2P achieved 21 November (2961st)

KILLZSIGZ.jpg

next night u all will wake with a dagger in your throat saying made in jagex tower no wonder they designed the ddp++

dun dun dun!!!!! :twisted:

Mojo477 has had to quit members so i need friends to talk to on my pure Lived4devil so please add her

"The elves having helped create the crystal saw is like Greenpeace having helped create a nuclear seal skinner"

I just want to add a little something to this:

I agree with the person (whoever it was) that said moving from RS to WoW is a BAD idea. For one, I've seen a LOT of my friends get addicted to WoW a LOT worse than anyone I know has called me addicted to RS. They give up friends to do raids or to 'run instances', which I think is a lot worse than what I've seen RS 'addicts' do. I've never given up a chance to hang out with my buddies simply because 'I have a crafting level to get' or 'I wanna go fight the KBD.' You also have to understand that a lot of people who play RS can't play WoW, either because of parents, lack of system requirements, or just simply can't afford it. It's a $30-$50US game, and a $15US required monthly subscription, which is a far more expensive hobby than the free, browser based with optional $5US monthly RS subscription.

Sorry, I'm a little biased against WoW. It took my friends away. :(