gallbladder juice...

amoeba_009

Any animal, let it be panda, lion, cow, dog, bird, that is killed or tortured for pure profit and NOT FOR FOOD. is plain injustful and wrong.

Hey! Lets hunt some humans for the hell of it!

Hey! Lets get some humans and kill them for their hair to make coats!!!

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any animal, let it be panda, lion, cow, dog, bird, that is killed or tortured for pure profit and NOT FOR FOOD. is plain injustful and wrong.

Yea. The Native Americans had it right...Kill what you will, but you must use all of it's body in one form or another or you're disrespecting nature. We use most of our animal remains today even.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Yea. The Native Americans had it right...Kill what you will, but you must use all of it's body in one form or another or you're disrespecting nature. We use most of our animal remains today even.

I thought we just ground the leftovers up and fed it to the remaining animals. Mad Bear Disease anyone? :ohnoes:

I know the price. I pay it gladly.

So, to everyone who doesn't give a damn about pain or suffering, I would just like to say that no creature, according to my personal ideas and values, have to go through unnecessary, prolonged pain inflicted by any other creature. It's wrong, it's disgusting, it's SELFISH.

Ok, the story is 99% likely not to be true. I'm not saying it is, but can you say it's doesn't matter? Of course it does. You live in a different part of the world, you live in a place where you can go to school and everything is different. You think it's ok because its not going to happen to you. Just imagine going through complete torture as I'm sure those poor bears would have done if the story was true. No, go ahead and don't care. I'm just fighting for something stupid that will never happen.

I really don't know what to think. There's so little chance that story's true, but if we assume it is, it's just a terrible thing to do to anyone. I can't reeeeally care because I don't know them, but it's still cruel.

blueshoespb1.png

Thanks to 4be2jue for the signature!

Typical man, thinking he is above the species, why doesn't anyone realize we are all still animals? We are not different, and we delude ourselves if we say so. Before science finally came to shine after the oppressive grip done upon Rome, it was said that we are the center of the solar system and that everything revolved around, it is still the same today about animals.

~Ooh, a creature got killed for its skin

~So what, it's just a dumb animal...

This is the thing that gets me, if humans were in the wild without any of our fancy weapons, we would be huddling together for safety. And you might say we are smart becuase we can adapt stuff to protect ourselves, you know becuase creating enough deadly weapons to blow up the Earth 10.5x over is really smart.....

You see, the problem is is that we are above them. It doesn't matter if we all are "animals", we are still the top.

Typical man, thinking he is above the species, why doesn't anyone realize we are all still animals? We are not different, and we delude ourselves if we say so. Before science finally came to shine after the oppressive grip done upon Rome, it was said that we are the center of the solar system and that everything revolved around, it is still the same today about animals.

This is the thing that gets me, if humans were in the wild without any of our fancy weapons, we would be huddling together for safety. And you might say we are smart becuase we can adapt stuff to protect ourselves, you know becuase creating enough deadly weapons to blow up the Earth 10.5x over is really smart.....

You see, the problem is is that we are above them. It doesn't matter if we all are "animals", we are still the top.

Which is nature. We have every right to kill and eat them, but torturing them is not right. Does any other creature on this Earth tortue it's lesser beings on the food chain? Errr, no... :-k

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Which is nature. We have every right to kill and eat them, but torturing them is not right. Does any other creature on this Earth tortue it's lesser beings on the food chain? Errr, no... :-k

Well that story is a bit too dramatic for me to kind of hear what actually happened. I can see us killing animals for profit though. Well, mostly it's for clothing / ect. which in turn is used to make profit. Tourturing for the sake of tourturing I don't agree with, but I still don't feel that sympethitic about.

So, to everyone who doesn't give a damn about pain or suffering, I would just like to say that no creature, according to my personal ideas and values, have to go through unnecessary, prolonged pain inflicted by any other creature. It's wrong, it's disgusting, it's SELFISH.

Wrong and disgusting are two subjective terms, and I don't think this is wrong, although it does kind of gross me out a little bit. And maybe it is selfish, but you say that as if being selfish is bad. I don't think being selfish is bad at all.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Can anyone verify if this story is true?

Is this true? was my first thought when reading it, before reading the rest of this topic. So I googled for "bear gallbladder bile" and I did get a LOT more hits than I ever expected, from various sources.

Checking some of those hits out, at least to me it seems to be true that bear bile is in fact used in Chineese medicine, and that bear farms do excist, in addition to hunting of wild bears for bladders and other parts - and that the black bear is an endangered species due to this.

If the cruelty described is true or not I dont know.

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

Okay Nadril we are at the top. But we rely on those animals for everything we do. We need them for survival. We make one species go extinct, we could make a lot of things go extinct. Just remember, we depend on them.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Okay Nadril we are at the top. But we rely on those animals for everything we do. We need them for survival. We make one species go extinct, we could make a lot of things go extinct. Just remember, we depend on them.

Where did I say that it's ok if we make them go extinct? Unless we start killing more than are being reproduced it's fine.

Can anyone verify if this story is true?

Is this true? was my first thought when reading it, before reading the rest of this topic. So I googled for "bear gallbladder bile" and I did get a LOT more hits than I ever expected, from various sources.

Checking some of those hits out, at least to me it seems to be true that bear bile is in fact used in Chineese medicine, and that bear farms do excist, in addition to hunting of wild bears for bladders and other parts - and that the black bear is an endangered species due to this.

If the cruelty described is true or not I dont know.

Wow. I guess you'll never know if the cruelty is true until you see it for yourself. I just found it odd that someone would want bear bile. O.o But, I'm glad you told me this. Thanks.

3898000bYVcx.png

The fact of the matter is that people ARE animals too. If you cant accept that then your an ignorant fool (and believe me alot of people I talk to can't). Therefore other animals should not be treated with disrespect. Most of these animals walked this earth before humans evolved and we need to respect that. This is just sick. I'd probably have pulled my shotgun on the farm workers (that is if I had one..). Anyone who treats animals in such a harsh manner doesnt deserve to live. If your going to do such a harsh thing it should be done in a more humane manner. Maybe put it to sleep before doing so with a tranquilizor. That way it wont notice when it wakes up. This is very sick. wow...

Where did I say that it's ok if we make them go extinct? Unless we start killing more than are being reproduced it's fine.

Its not only extinction but the cruel manner in which the animals are killed in alot of cases (such as this). Whenever someone asks me if I'm afraid of any animals they expect me to say spiders or snakes, they would never guess that I'd say humans. Humans are in fact the scaries animals. Were the only type of animal that will kill for something that isnt out of food/self defence, we build weapons and have pointless wars and kill millions of people for beliefs and no actual food or health benefits. Its very creepy when you think about it.

Wrong and disgusting are two subjective terms, and I don't think this is wrong, although it does kind of gross me out a little bit. And maybe it is selfish, but you say that as if being selfish is bad. I don't think being selfish is bad at all.

wow..just wow..I'm not even sure what I should say to you..thats got to be the most ignorant statement i've read in a very long time.

good quote, wanted to add this to my list of statements

wow..just wow..I'm not even sure what I should say to you..thats got to be the most ignorant statement i've read in a very long time.

Well, apperantly you either a) don't know what ignorant means, or B) are ignorant of what "subjective" means. There was no shread of ignorance in my statement. You don't have to agree with me that selfish isn't bad, but selfishness is a subjective term.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Which is nature. We have every right to kill and eat them, but torturing them is not right. Does any other creature on this Earth tortue it's lesser beings on the food chain? Errr, no...

Have you never seen a cat play with an injured mouse before he eats it? Have you ever seen hump-back whales toss sea lions up in the air and smack them with their tails before they eat them? Plenty of animals treat their food cruelly.

The fact of the matter is that people ARE animals too. If you cant accept that then your an ignorant fool (and believe me alot of people I talk to can't). Therefore other animals should not be treated with disrespect. Most of these animals walked this earth before humans evolved and we need to respect that. This is just sick. I'd probably have pulled my shotgun on the farm workers (that is if I had one..). Anyone who treats animals in such a harsh manner doesnt deserve to live. If your going to do such a harsh thing it should be done in a more humane manner. Maybe put it to sleep before doing so with a tranquilizor. That way it wont notice when it wakes up. This is very sick. wow...

But you see, if your initial assumption is correct, and humans are merely animals, then the rest of your post is absurd. You can't apply morals, right and wrong, to animals. Would you say, "That bear was wrong for eating that salmon who only wanted to swim upstream so he could breed! He doesn't deserve to live!"? Animals don't treat each other with respect, so if humans are merely animals, we don't have any reason to treat them with respect either.

Also, you claim that anyone who treats animals in a harsh manner does not deserve to live. You claim that humans are animals. You claim that you would shoot farm workers with a shot gun, which is rather harsh. Since you would treat animals that harshly, by your own logic, you don't deserve to live.

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

I mentioned we are animals, but we are still on the top. Trust me, I belive we are animals, it's basic biology.

But, it doesn't excuse the fact that we control most of this earth, not bears or fish or whatever. You can argue with me all you want but you can't argue that humans are the "top animal" on this earth.

Also, you claim that anyone who treats animals in a harsh manner does not deserve to live. You claim that humans are animals. You claim that you would shoot farm workers with a shot gun, which is rather harsh. Since you would treat animals that harshly, by your own logic, you don't deserve to live.

Yup, agreed. You don't like animal's being treated wrongly yet you'd kill someone out of pure spite? Yup, seems logical to me!

The story probably gained some embellishment in it's travels, but talks about a part of the world where the most bizarre things are used as "medicine".

I'm against things like animal testing for cosmetics, since the lack of a new colour of some product is hardly critical.

On the other hand, if 1000 animals must die or suffer to save one person's life, do it, as humanely as possible, but do it.

Guest GhostRanger
The story probably gained some embellishment in it's travels, but talks about a part of the world where the most bizarre things are used as "medicine".

I'm against things like animal testing for cosmetics, since the lack of a new colour of some product is hardly critical.

On the other hand, if 1000 animals must die or suffer to save one person's life, do it, as humanely as possible, but do it.

Since people make assumptions about my beliefs fairly often on this board, I'm going to preface this with a disclaimer saying that I'm not taking a stand on animals testing with this post. With that said...

Here's my problem with your point. You imply that you only support animal testing for something is critical to humans, aka, saving a human life. But there are plenty of things that I'm sure you support that aren't critical to your life, but you like - and animals were slighted in order to make them.

Let's take belts for instance. Belts aren't critical at all and I guarantee that making a belt you have worn affected an animal in some way.

I think it's absolutely absurd when people say they only support animal testing for things that are "critical" because in almost every case, things that aren't critical (like scented lotion) are only pointed out if the person making the statement doesn't use the product. My bet is you don't use a lot of scented lotion and so in your opinion, we shouldn't be hurting animals to make more. But I bet you do like hamburgers, and the different ways you can get a hamburger made probably went through a lot of tests before the company found one that tasted good.

I think it's really hard to take a stand against animal testing like this and be fair about it.

Oh come on now Astralinre...You know what I meant.

Animals don't get the concept of "torturing". Whatever they do to an animal is likely a process in incapacitating it to eat it...Whales slap things with their tails to knock them out. Dolphins do it to sharks and then eat their livers (killing them) if a shark messes with them. Couldn't tell you why a cat slaps around a mouse, but I've never seen a cat slap around a live mouse. I've never seen them actually even EAT a mouse either, but *shrug*. My cat I had used to just kill them then slap them around for a while. They like to play. :lol:

- Me!

Guest GhostRanger
Oh come on now Astralinre...You know what I meant.

Animals don't get the concept of "torturing". Whatever they do to an animal is likely a process in incapacitating it to eat it...Whales slap things with their tails to knock them out. Dolphins do it to sharks and then eat their livers (killing them) if a shark messes with them. Couldn't tell you why a cat slaps around a mouse, but I've never seen a cat slap around a live mouse. I've never seen them actually even EAT a mouse either, but *shrug*. My cat I had used to just kill them then slap them around for a while. They like to play. :lol:

You're initial point is ridiculous anyway. No other animal on the planet drives cars, builds computers, or wears clothes but that doesn't mean we shouldn't.

Am I justifying animal testing/torture? No. But your point is completely nonsensical.