Happiness is...

assassin_696

And i'm not talking about those big things in life that'll make your happy, like getting good exam results, finding true love, promotion etc.

I'm talking about the small things in life, that might happen to you everyday but that really make you feel good inside.

There are lots of things for me: the cold side of the pillow, waking up and realising it's saturday, coming home to your favourite meal, that last chilled coke in the fridge when you'd thought you'd run out, having something you recorded on TV to look forward to.

I'll probably think of some more, but post yours, and feel good the next time it happens.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I think we recentely had a topic like this. About like small things. But not sure, so...

After a day of work. Put of my shoes and socks and go in bed, feels so good at my feet.

Walking during the night and you see everything completely different. So silent and peacefull, makes me feel relaxed and good.

Going to sleep during a storm.

Are first things that come to mind.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I did a quick search and didn't remember any topics like this, but if there was one feel free to lock this.

Yeah, hearing a song I love on the radio always puts a smile on my face as well, it just always sounds that bit better.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I love coming home when I'm really shattered, having a warm shower, crawling into my bed and just feeling sleep wash over me. Also walking in the rain is a lovely feeling.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

For me, if I don't get overwhelming urges to kill myself while not having any clue why, and if I can sleep for more than an hour or two a night-hell, that's good enough to keep me happy.

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

I did a quick search and didn't remember any topics like this, but if there was one feel free to lock this.

I seem to remember a topic like this, but I don't think it was this so it should be fine.

Taking a shower after work always makes me feel better. Sometimes I just stand there and let it soak me for about 5 minutes.

Waking up on Wednesdays usually gives me a nice feeling. I don't have school Wednesday night, and new comics always come out on Wednesdays (Civil War: Front Line 6 today :P ). Once Lost and Southpark start, Wednesdays will be completly awesome.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Reading comics/novels [bleep]es up my imagination from time to time.

I get a good laugh every so often too. ::'

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

I did like a presentation on Happiness, ill edit if i can find it :|

I hope i can =\

Edit: Here it is (This was done like two years ago, so its not as good as it would be if i were to do it now)

My Speech

Walk in playing the music.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâDonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t Worry be happyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢

Hello all. I hope you realised the song I was playing when I came in. If you didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t it is infact DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t worry- be happy, by none-other than the legendary Bobby Mc Ferrin.

But I think to myself what made him write this song? What made so many people look to this man for inspiration? What was it that gave this song so much meaning? Was it the fact one man got on stage and gave it all he has? No it wasnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t! Was it the fact he gave the reggae look a whole new face? No it wasnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t!

It was something deeper than that, something more significant. When I look at it, I realise that it was the origin of the song. It was infact the word ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâHappyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢. Happy, such a short word, what? Five letters, yet it has such an immense number of meanings to so many different people.

I woke up yesterday morning. Got out of bed, pulled on my dressing gown and went to go to the kitchen. I paused on the stairs, as I could smell the faint aroma of bacon drifting round the house. I knew straight away it was for me and I felt elevated to know my mum had prepared my favourite. I continued into the kitchen and I there, lying on the side was 6 pieces of sizzling bacon, rapped in a soft, white bread. My eyes lit up like a 6 year olds on Christmas Morning. A wide smile spread across my face and I wasÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ well I was happy. I turned and saw my mum; I walked up to her, thanked her for this luxury and faintly kissed her on the cheek. I realised that what I had done had now made my mum happy. She was smiling broadly and I realised were happy together.

A lot of people say that money buys you happiness. But in the end it is the simple things in life that will put a smile on your face. For a boy of seven, picking conkers in the park, then taking them to school so he can prove to his mates his are the biggest will make him happy. To a teenager of 17, passing his exams and getting into the university of his choice will put a sense of actualisation in him. To a Father of 30, watching his baby daughter produce her first smile, will melt his heart, make him weak at the knees and will want the whole world to share his joy. To a couple of 70, sitting round a table at Christmas with the whole family will sure make them happy.

If you look none of the above cost you anything and will bring you equal, if not more happiness compared to something like getting a new car, buying a bigger house or getting the latest football boots. Yes money can help you to get happiness but it will never buy you happiness completely. Happiness is something much more than just a toy; you cannot put a price on happiness, just like you cant put a price on love.

The smile. Quite a quaint manoeuvre to pull off and very successful if you execute it properly. It will make you feel like a million bucks. You can swan in and out of your local plaza looking like the queen and feeling as refreshed as a sun-struck stream. You donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have to be a super model to get one; you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t even have to own a house. A smile can be all yours for just 17muscles. ThatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s right 17muscles. You have no risk of strain; cramp and you can even show off your sparkling teeth. So come on, show us a smile.

This brings me on to my next point. While I was sitting in one of my business studies lessons I noticed a rather out spoken picture of a smiling monkey on the wall. After the lesson I went up to the poster and read the text above it. Let me share it with you.

Smiling is infectious; you catch it like the flu,

when someone smiled at me today, I started smiling too.

I passed around the corner and someone saw my grin

when he smiled I realized IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d passed it on to him.

I thought about that smile then I realized its worth,

a single smile, just like mine, could travel round the earth.

So, if you feel a smile begin, donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t leave it undetected

letÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s start an epidemic quick, and get the world infected!

Wow! IsnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t it amazing what 17 muscles can do? Just 17 muscles can show everyone around you just how you feel and if your lucky you could be the one that starts off the first completely healthy, worldwide epidemic.

Like up, the smile has an opposite. It is not down. But it is frown.

The frown, an ill appearing, daunting let down of the top facial muscles. With no sense of joy and comfort, it has no social well-being and I would not recommend you to try and pull off one of these in front of your girlfriendÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s parents. The price for such a product? 43 muscles, a whopping 26 more muscles than the average smile. To pull off a frown you are required to use 250% more effort than you would put into a smile and I can tell you now there is nothing more un appealing than having permanent frown lines at the age of 33.

My conclusion to the smile is, ditch the line and keep the shine.

Time waits for no one in life. So donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t waste the precious time you have on this world feeling bad about yourself. Your life will always be full of challenges. ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s best to admit this to yourself and decide to be happy anyway.

The truth is there is no better time to be happy than now.

I particularly like waking up and checking my clock, only to find that it's not time to get up yet, so I can go back to sleep (or get up if there's something exciting to do!)

The first and last sweet in a packet always taste the best.. but when you think you've run out, and then find another one.. that post-last sweet tastes divine.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

I particularly like waking up and checking my clock, only to find that it's not time to get up yet, so I can go back to sleep (or get up if there's something exciting to do!)

Yeah, I really like that. Conversely, though, I can't STAND waking up just before the alarm goes off. That's perhaps the most frustrating thing in my life. I feel so cheated. (Just making sure people know I'm still alive -- I've been so busy lately that I've not really had a chance to post).

Happiness is... over-rated.

There are so many more emtions which although may not be as enjoyable, are just as important.

Spoken like a true emo. Joke.

The topic title reminded me of that song which plays in Bowling for Columbine:

"Happiness...is a warm gun"

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

Guest GhostRanger
Few things are better than an Ale8 on a hot afternoon...

Ahh, good stuff man!

Nope, never tried it :( .What's it taste like?

ale8.jpg

It's a mix of ginger ale and fruit juices. It's impossible to describe the taste of it to you. You just have to try it for yourself... sigh... *runs to the fridge* :P