11 October 2006 - Players' Gallery and Wallpapers

aj926

For the past two months Postie Pete has been struggling to our gates with sackfuls of your fantastic artwork. Sculptures, paintings and etchings have been flooding in at a rate that has made even Pete sweat. He has collected together some of those that made him go "oooh", "aaah" or even made him chuckle a little. These fantastic creations are now available for viewing within the Players' Gallery.

The high-standard of work has made us want to return the favour, so we have cleaned our brushes, paid Aggie for a few vials of dye and made some of our own. So, available for download to your desktop, are six sparkling wallpapers for your viewing pleasure.

Will you dare go eyeballs to eyeball with the dreaded 'penance healers', who posed for this wallpaper between training for one of next year's updates, Barbarian Assault? Will you choose to marvel at the revised look of the rats, bears and elementals with our concept art? Or will you be sipping at a Blurberry Special in the gnome restaurant? The choice is yours.

In other news...

The far-flung areas of RuneScape have allowed our writers in to explore for another batch of Area Guides. We have been mapping the dungeons, tasting the cuisine and chatting to various characters to give a comprehensive guide of what to expect in such treacherous areas as Waterbirth Island, the Falador Mole Lair and the Cave Goblin Mines.

Following the teleportation jewellery changes of last week, we have made another clutch of items usable while they are worn. The following can now be used with a simple right-click on the item and choosing the Operate option: the blessed silver sickle, the progress hat from the Mage Training Area, Prayer books, the Amulet of Catspeak, rubber chickens and the Nature Amulet.

There has also been a slight name change to the magic staff reward received from the White Knights. It is now called a 'white magic staff'.

Discuss.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but there's been too long of a lapse on big updates or any updates at all...

There have been very little in-game updates, and while the new menu/layout/in gam interface is cool and all, they've been promising us these capes for 1 or 2 months now, not to mention new quests exe.

I havn't seen much of anything that was on the monthly (sneak peak) updates come true.

This update was junk...

I expect a lot of flame twards Jagex.

Where can i find the link.. I click on the one on the main page and it said it's broken... Great :oops:

If you mean the link to the gallery page you can click on the "Read stories and letters" under webside features.

Edit - I could not do better but god some of them suck.. I see way better in the tip.it section

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

Ahhh all the buttons in the rs forum have changed graphics...

They're...well...sort of annoying.

However, people, I wouldn't give your hopes up. There's plenty of content coming...just a matter of having enough patience to wait for it to come. :)

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

I'm sorry, but there's been too long of a lapse on big updates or any updates at all...

There have been very little in-game updates, and while the new menu/layout/in gam interface is cool and all, they've been promising us these capes for 1 or 2 months now, not to mention new quests exe.

I havn't seen much of anything that was on the monthly (sneak peak) updates come true.

This update was junk...

That has to mean that Jagex is working on something big! :P

phata_elise.png

This update was junk...

That has to mean that Jagex is working on something big! :P

Jagex doesn't have to do anything.

One would ASSUME so, but that means nothing in the long run.

Obviously they're preparing for something, but they could have had it done by now and not released it.

It is not hard to make cape graphics. I know a single person could do it, let alone a corporation taking weeks after it was scheduled to make an appearence?

I dunno, I don't like this update. If everyone is hyped about capes, give them capes.

Taken from the forum:

Rickyc12s

11-Oct-2006 11:42:23

Is there genna be another update say in 5mins or so, something to do with the game.

it's be like almost 2 weeks since update. and wasn't exactly the update u'd expect after 2 weeks.

Mod Ash

Jagex Mod

11-Oct-2006 11:43:12

Not unless we discover a nasty bug suddenly. But I don't expect that.

ALSO...part of the reason that they haven't updated the other stuff yet:

Mod Ash

Jagex Mod

11-Oct-2006 11:45:36

Well, we also fixed a few nasty bugs, including the one where people randomly couldn't open doors even though other players might see them as being open. That really needed fixing even if it doesn't get as much appreciation as a new game feature.

Quick find code: 15-16-190-32378990

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

Like most other players, I was expecting the 99 capes. :(

I know have to be patient... -.-

I like some of the art work though. That castle wars one is a bit..erm...horrible. :-X

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

It is not hard to make cape graphics. I know a single person could do it, let alone a corporation taking weeks after it was scheduled to make an appearence?

Oh and you are RuneScript expert are you? How would you know if its hard to make the new capes or not....

bunyip.png

Oh and you are RuneScript expert are you? How would you know if its hard to make the new capes or not....

Alright, I may have been over the line saying that, but still...

It's capes...

Alright, I may have been over the line saying that, but still...

It's capes...

and with capes comes the new POH room.

They both will more than likely come out in the same update. The POH room will probably take a while to code and stuff.

bunyip.png

Maybe it's taking a while because they want to make a good update, something that will be appreciated or they just wanted to see the look on our faces when we read about the awsome new gallery :roll: .

circular5bf.png

eddieperfect - (Unjustly) Banned 06.06

eddieperfekt - Created 05.11.06

Prankster_King - "ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s just click after click after click."

321184224778sn1.png