Defining Emo

Zonorhc

I seriously don't hate emo kids...

Then...

What makes me hate them...

Played that one smooth.

Ahem...

I seriously don't hate emo kids because they're "different" or they're depressing...What makes me hate them is...

Played that one smooth.

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

SLIT THEIR WRISTS!!!

I just want to smack the * out of you for saying that. The wrist slitting thing is only part of the stereotype. Chances are you'll never find an emo who slits their wrists unless they are mentally unstable or severly depressed. I hate when people think emos slit their wrists. I'd tell a story here but I don't think my friend would be ok with it (it's quite personal). So from now on, when you think of emos, forget all about them slitting their wrists.

It's purely for attention. The music they listen to and the clothes they wear are them trying to get attention. They like that they are getting attention, even though it's hatemail..Sounds to me like Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson could be classified as "emos".

why the hell did he use bright eyes in it several times, bright eyes isn't emo it's indie. obviously not knowing anything

this is such a failure of a video lmao

btw half of those kids in the end are scene you [developmentally delayed] lmao and many of them are smiling in the still pictures

god dam brits, so ignorant

skyeatsairplaneph1.jpg

why the hell did he use bright eyes in it several times, bright eyes isn't emo it's indie. obviously not knowing anything

this is such a failure of a video lmao

btw half of those kids in the end are scene you mentally challenged lmao and many of them are smiling in the still pictures

I think you missed the point entirely. It's part of a genre of infotainment known as "mockumentary". What this means is that the definitions and opinions they provide as "fact" is intended to be questionable and ironic.

Oh, by the way, they're Australian. Notice how I said they're from my grade.

Also, you type like a lobotomised goat.

I do think it's a shame really to see the subculture founded on the principles of expressing emotions (which I don't have a problem with) has been reduced to a group of middle class teenagers following the scene (which I do have a problem with). I reckon half the people who claim to be emos nowadays (if they do at all) don't know what it's really about, and just think that by having long black hair and wearing tight clothes they're true emos. Hah.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I do think it's a shame really to see the subculture founded on the principles of expressing emotions (which I don't have a problem with) has been reduced to a group of middle class teenagers following the scene (which I do have a problem with). I reckon half the people who claim to be emos nowadays (if they do at all) don't know what it's really about, and just think that by having long black hair and wearing tight clothes they're true emos. Hah.

Well, that's really on par with (allegedly) educated middle-class youth pretending to be disenfranchised street gangsters.

SLIT THEIR WRISTS!!!

I just want to smack the * out of you for saying that. The wrist slitting thing is only part of the stereotype. Chances are you'll never find an emo who slits their wrists unless they are mentally unstable or severly depressed. I hate when people think emos slit their wrists. I'd tell a story here but I don't think my friend would be ok with it (it's quite personal). So from now on, when you think of emos, forget all about them slitting their wrists.

A curse word with one letter???

Sorry. but there are some kids at my school that actually do...... you can see the marks on their forearms

I wasnt reall stereotyping all emos like that. Just.. Sorry.. I didnt mean to offend any1 with that.

Tk5SF.png

Well, that's really on par with (allegedly) educated middle-class youth pretending to be disenfranchised street gangsters.

True, and it was the same with the hippies about 40 years ago. But emoism seems to be the preserve almost purely of middle-class teenagers, whereas the gangster culture is found across nearly all classes.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

SLIT THEIR WRISTS!!!

i know an ex emo who used to do that they got a boyfriend and nows its over thank god

True, and it was the same with the hippies about 40 years ago. But emoism seems to be the preserve almost purely of middle-class teenagers, whereas the gangster culture is found across nearly all classes.

That's true, but as KCHughes mentioned, a number of emos are the sorts of people who really wouldn't have any justification for their behaviour, and are otherwise far too privileged to know how bad life can really get.

thats a rather. ignorant thing to say -_-

one person makes a video.

suddenly the whole of britain is ignorant?

righto then.

logo.jpg

I watched till "Defining Emo" after that I had to turn the sound off, because my parents are watching something on t.v.. So I'll continue tomorrow. It opened quite nice, to be honest, with the band montage and voice over, giving a very brief history of 90's rock music. The pulp fiction opening was a nice touch as well.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

It's even dumber because in some poorer countries/locations you actually have to stick together if you're young and have no future, and in order to survive there really are fights, loan sharking, carjacks, robbery, assaults etc.

Then these western kids who come home from school to a place with caring parents, a plasma television, computers with broadband internet connection, cellphones, MP3 players and a fridge full of food at any given time, feel like they are mistreated so they start wearing gold chains at school and smoke cigarettes while picking on younger people and get into trouble for no reason.

I personally don't associate with EMOs, Goths, Punks, and Skate Punks....

That's too bad.. Some of those people are really great and tons of fun to be around.

The only thing I don't get about guys and tight pants is that must hurt. Im a guy and I wouldnt be able to sit down. I don't know any emo kids well. If one came into my class thed be torn apart in seconds. You should hear them go on about emo music. It comes up about twice a year and thats 2 times to often .

Sitting down is easy as long as you wear your pants low. If you pull your pants up nice and tight like girls do, then it might hurt.. Oh and if you wear boxers.. They tend to ride up easier than with normal pants.. :-$

yea the punk kids are the funniest group, they arent emo at all and are the kind of group who do ANYTHING and just cause chaos, its the group u wanna be with on halloween :wink:

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

I saw the topic headline and just skipped straight to the last page after watching the video ( I have seen it before anyway),and I think that emos really are the most annoying people on the planet.Most of them dont want to be labelled, so why dress like all the other emos?I disagree that Converse are emo shoes though,my dad had a pair of converse back in the old days ,so if you called him emo he would put you through a wall.I dont care about labels, mainly because I'm a white rasta so you can label me on my religion,and I disagree with the while emo thing,mainly because of their piercings and cutting themselves(you cannot harm yourself in Rastafarianism).I just think they need to cheer up a bit and stop complaining about there $100 a month allowance and the fact that their iPod broke.Worse things have happened,I should know lol.

Cheer up emo kids.

dragonmvoidk,gordo%20da%20sly.gif

I know exactly what you mean, its just ruining the whole game for everybody, this is the worst update since noobs.