~Flaming On Tip.it Forums~

l0rd

Okay this is an informative guide that explains and gives examples of what flaming is, AND how to avoid it

On Tip.it forums there is many posts, which inturn means that there are many people who "Flame" so to speak. Flaming is a serious problem in email, and other various forums such as Tip.it, this is a in depth guide that consists of everything you need to know about flaming

flamingik5.png

odds are if you are reading this you are;-a person that doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know what flaming is

or

-a person that is very respectful when it comes to replying

or

- a person who can't stop flaming, and they need help

If you are any of these kinds of people then this guide IS for you!

First off IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll tell you that i made this thread because i know that everyone makes mistakes, and some people say stuff and realize later that they regret what they said.

if you think you are a perfect person then please exit this thread out

But i know that no one is perfect and humans often act before they think in this regard the "act" IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m talking about is flaming.

------------------------WHAT IS FLAMING------------------------------

flaming is when a person replies to a post in an unreasonable manner, sometimes flames can be suttle, and sometimes they can be all out rude. Sometimes a flame can be a pre-assumed reply that a person says before they even read, and consider the points or facts that the author of the thread made. In some cases a flamer flames because he disagrees so much with what the poster says, that he acts rude, or mean in his reply.

----------------------What Causes FLAMING-----------------------------

-The main reason is because some people have difficulty detaching themselves from their own perspective. In other words, people aren't that good at imagining how a message might be understood from another person's perspective.

-People often think the tone or emotion in their messages is obvious because they 'hear' the tone they intend in their head as they write, but alot of times they are misleading causing them to flame.

-And in rare cases the Flamer is just taking out wrath on strangers or the author of the post.

---------------------Example of a subtle flame---------------------------

the author of the thread posts a picture of the bank and skills of his new pure

Joe Schmoe (flamer): "yeah, i like your bank except i think for the skills you have you probably drop-traded and drop-trading is extremely fr00bish, and anyone who drop-trades is a mockery of a Runescape player..."

---------------------Example of a bad flame---------------------

a person makes a Blog under Blogscape whose about woodcut 100k yew logs

Betty Bu (flamer): "ok, first of all i think its kind of funny that you think you can fletch 20k yew longs at 1 time... :-X well, if you do accomplish this goal i feel kind of bad for you because you probably have NO LIFE..."

------------------Example of an extremely bad flame--------------

a person who made a pking video under graveyard forums section

Bobby Bobs (flamer) : "ok, you pked me and you showed it in the video!!!!

omg!, your such a stupid fr00b, i hope you die!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: your such a noob!!!!!!!"

these are examples of different kinds of flames.

flaming like this can make the author of the thread very upset, or just hate the person who made the flaming reply.

if you make a flame, you are not helping anyone so its the smartest thing not to do it.

instead of calling someone a noob, or a stupid mockery, just say kindly that you disagree with them

instead of saying that you think someone has no life, or saying that they are never going to complete their goal, its as simple as saying oh, its unlikely that you will complete that goal, bet you have a lot of free time see how saying that would be better than flaming, because you are stating your opinion then backing it up.

----------------------Lessons Learned------------------

- People make rational mistakes, and sometimes over react in inappropriate ways, it just a human mannerism

- Next time you feel angry at something that someone has said, think before you reply and try to state your opinion in a non-threatening way which will not anyone react in a negative way.

- Treat Other people on forums, how you would want them to treat you

thank you, I just wanted to get this out there, I hope this changed your perspective about something :-k P.S. this is my first guide

flamessmliy0.jpg

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

=D> =D> =D> ~L0rd =D> =D> =D>

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so ill be the first to flame in a very mild manner. this really isnt a guide, more of an example of poor flaming. nothing is really highlighted, and the reader isnt "guided" towards anything. plus, this probably belongs in in a discussion forum or rants forum.

Stallion4589.png

oh, it's unlikely anyone will think highly of this guide, bet you have a lot of free time...

Lol jk :P Just quoting one of the lines in ur final paragraph XD Good examples, lolz

Head Coach of the G!X Black Scrim Team 2007

---Wolfenstein Enemy Territory Internationals---

Lol. I was all set to lock this guide due to the title, but on reading it, it has very good intentions.

It won't go into the AOW regardless, but it's not terrible.

Here's some suggestions to improve it, if you like:

- Cut and paste it into a program like Word to check spelling, grammar and spacing.

- Search the internet for the original guides on "netiquette". Here's a wikipedia link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flame_war# ... of_flaming

- Change the title to "Forum Flaming" something. (just my opinion)

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Nice small guide.

I'm sure you'll improve it and will become a really great guide.

Also, if you are talking about yourself, "I", in english, it doesn't matter if it's in the beginning of the sentence or in the end, it's always "I", never "i".

Just a small error...

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

Omg You have a law rune in the Wild! You stupid fr00b. I'm gonna own you! :twisted:

JK

Cool guide. Maybe it'll stop some of the immature idiots from flaming because someone has a freakin law rune lol

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

This isn't a really bad guide, if you were more clear, and more informative, it would be a better guide, It really does have the makings of a good guide.

how do u suggest i make it better?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

newbankofrsyq0.gif

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2306/1kw4.gif[/img]

~ÃÆââ¬Â Ã¢ââ‰â¢ÃÆââââ¬Ã¡ÃâìÃÆÃââââ¬Ã¦R ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâàHÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâì ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâöNÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÃ

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nice well thought out constructive post! *sarcasm*

well, i like your positiveness, but thats kind of spam

ok' i'll save you the rant, but i don't think this "guide" has much of a point, especially to people who are already a long way into posting on these forums and the like, though it could be useful for new people..... maybe it could be considered for that newcomers at the gates thing?

:!: :!: :EDIT: :!: :!: - after a better read of the guide and and discussion with LOrd thats been cleared up everyone can forget the first couple of sentences. (keeping them there cause of some strange reason, maybe for some kinda historical thing, lol)

and no, i didnt mean to flame or anything, this is just my 2 cents worth and my view, and i have a right to that opinion.

i've seen alot of your other posts and i have nothing against you :), i just dont see much of a point in this particular post. sorry

apart from that, it is actually very well written, and i could see a few great guides out of you yet.

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

orly8pv6jt4vmui1.gif

ok' i'll save you the rant, but i don't think this "guide" has much of a point, especially to people who are already a long way into posting on these forums and the like, though it could be useful for new people..... maybe it could be considered for that newcomers at the gates thing?

and no, i didnt mean to flame or anything, this is just my 2 cents worth and my view, and i have a right to that opinion.

i've seen alot of your other posts and i have nothing against you :), i just dont see much of a point in this particular post. sorry

apart from that, it is actually very well written, and i could see a few great guides out of you yet.

well, i felt it was nessescary to write this guide, because there are so many "flamers" and people complaining about "flamers". I wanted to clear everything up, or at least made a little dent in the problem, i wish this was a sticky topic, not for personal reasons but just because this is a message that i think would inprove the "whole" of tip.it

well, i felt it was nessescary to write this guide, because there are so many "flamers" and people complaining about "flamers". I wanted to clear everything up, or at least made a little dent in the problem, i wish this was a sticky topic, not for personal reasons but just because this is a message that i think would inprove the "whole" of tip.it

i agree with you there, a sticky topic of this is a great idea, i just dont think the archive of wisdom would be the best place for this, since the point of it is really more to give players looking for some help with certain aspects of the game, not with these forums.

making it a sticky, and not a guide as such, would clear up alot of my problems with it. it's just that i'm so sick of those people coming up with random 2 minute guides because they think getting into the archive along with muggi's fight cave guides and jesselitton's great merchanting guide, (now gone for some unkown reason, it was a great guide,but i'm not here to go on about how i think it's really lame that it didnt make the cut after this aow stuff) will bring them some kind of fame and fortune. you can see for yourself that there are about 1000 locked topics that are some 2 second, $2, Aldi-brand, el-cheapo excuse for a guide that is absolutley no use to anybody.

i know alot of people like you and me who want to make a difference in these brilliant forums tip.it has (tip.it forums and site officially endorsed by tyrant for no charge) and i know the message your trying to send out to people.

officially approved by the australian government canberra

-tyrant iv

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

orly8pv6jt4vmui1.gif

i agree with you there, a sticky topic of this is a great idea, i just dont think the archive of wisdom would be the best place for this, since the point of it is really more to give players looking for some help with certain aspects of the game, not with these forums.

making it a sticky, and not a guide as such, would clear up alot of my problems with it. it's just that i'm so sick of those people coming up with random 2 minute guides because they think getting into the archive along with muggi's fight cave guides and jesselitton's great merchanting guide, (now gone for some unkown reason, it was a great guide,but i'm not here to go on about how i think it's really lame that it didnt make the cut after this aow stuff) will bring them some kind of fame and fortune. you can see for yourself that there are about 1000 locked topics that are some 2 second, $2, Aldi-brand, el-cheapo excuse for a guide that is absolutley no use to anybody.

i know alot of people like you and me who want to make a difference in these brilliant forums tip.it has (tip.it forums and site officially endorsed by tyrant for no charge) and i know the message your trying to send out to people.

officially approved by the australian government canberra

-tyrant iv

thanks, for your support, and helping me clear that out :)