All those leftovers added up

aznmidget448

How much would you have if you didn't leave all those little kills, those 10-100 gps from goblins to guards, behind for another player to pick up? I find myself killing a guard as I walk into the gates of falador and then just leave their drop there and move on.

I'm guessing I'd have probably made over 100k if I picked up those drops, which would actually be pretty nice right about now. And all those bones left behind would probably bring me up a prayer level or two.

Edit

Follow up

How much money do you think is lost in the RS economy from people leaving their drops and letting them disappear?

I'd say about 10 million gp a day if no crazy guy went and dropped 50 mill before quitting rs :mrgreen:

Well, since I collect all those little kills, whether it's 1 gp or 200 gp, I grab it all, probably not much more than 1k. I only leave gold behind if I'm carrying a full inv of something when I walk by, so its bound to be a small amount.

av.png

People just need to learn to share crabs.
I'd prefer my nether regions clear of diseases, thank you very much.
just turn off accept aids

I always pick up coins when monsters drop them (unless I have a full inventory), but I only bury Big Bones or Dragon Bones.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

Now that you've mentioned it, I've probably made at least 10k from picking up coins. I only pick them up if it looks more like four coins when it's on the ground.

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, your commodity drops in value.
[url=http://www.imagehosting.com][img]http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i773526_stingtag.gif[/img][/url] [quote name="Capone_Sabre"]People in the wilderness will [b]always[/b] insult you no matter what you do. Just ignore it and kill them.[/quote]

Hmm... let's do a little bit of mathematics! :D

I have:

1,818,481 Attack XP

2,058,570 Strength XP

1,148,443 Defence XP

1,701,991 Hitpoints XP

Now, since I have no idea precisely what I trained on for that XP, let's say for arguements sake that I only trained on 1 creature. Let's invent that creature and call it the Meanie. I'm level 96, so a good average hitpoints for the Meanie would probably be around 50, since I've trained on things of ~120hp and things of ~15hp. To make sure nobody can quaff my results by saying that's too high, I'll give the Meanie 35hp! Now for the maths.

At 35hp per Meanie, I'd get 140XP per Meanie. At 140XP per Meanie, I'd have to have killed:

12,989 for my Attack XP.

14,704 for my Strength XP.

8,203 for my Defence XP.

12,157 for my Hitpoints XP.

Totalling 48,053.

However, not all creatures I've trained on drop bones/coins. So let's nerf that total down to 30,000, but allowing a little extra for bones/coins that I've seen which other people have left behind.

The next factor to be taken into consideration is that each applicable creature drops a somewhat random amount of coins. Lowballing once again, let's say Meanies drop just 20gp each time.

So, I estimate at the very lowest end (in my opinion), that over the years I've neglected:

~135,000 Prayer XP.

~600,000 Gold coins.

I estimate that at the higher end the figures would be something like:

~300,000 Prayer XP.

~1,100,000 Gold coins.

In my advance defence, it's 1:30AM here, I'm very tired and somewhat intoxicated. If you can see an error in my calculations, please tell me. :)

tifsbti6oi.gif

althought i might have alot more prayer xp and cash, it would probaly be more profitable to rc maybe a couple hours and use some a marble alter to get my prayer up and it would probaly be faster

it just takes up to much time IMO

if we figure 30,000 kills with bones and loot (like the post above) and it roughly takes around 10sec to collect the bones and coins, that means it would take 5,000mins or 83 hours....

if your good and could do it in only 5sec its still 41 hours

would you rather have 80'ish hours of game play or around 135k prayer xp and 600k?

legends2.jpg

I have:

1,818,481 Attack XP

2,058,570 Strength XP

1,148,443 Defence XP

1,701,991 Hitpoints XP

Now, since I have no idea precisely what I trained on for that XP, let's say for arguements sake that I only trained on 1 creature. Let's invent that creature and call it the Meanie. I'm level 96, so a good average hitpoints for the Meanie would probably be around 50, since I've trained on things of ~120hp and things of ~15hp. To make sure nobody can quaff my results by saying that's too high, I'll give the Meanie 35hp! Now for the maths.

At 35hp per Meanie, I'd get 140XP per Meanie. At 140XP per Meanie, I'd have to have killed:

12,989 for my Attack XP.

8,203 for my Defence XP.

Totalling 48,053.

However, not all creatures I've trained on drop bones/coins. So let's nerf that total down to 30,000, but allowing a little extra for bones/coins that I've seen which other people have left behind.

The next factor to be taken into consideration is that each applicable creature drops a somewhat random amount of coins. Lowballing once again, let's say Meanies drop just 20gp each time.

So, I estimate at the very lowest end (in my opinion), that over the years I've neglected:

~135,000 Prayer XP.

~600,000 Gold coins.

~300,000 Prayer XP.

~1,100,000 Gold coins.

In my advance defence, it's 1:30AM here, I'm very tired and somewhat intoxicated. If you can see an error in my calculations, please tell me. :)

Just one question. How do I go about finding this meanie? :XD:
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, your commodity drops in value.
[url=http://www.imagehosting.com][img]http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i773526_stingtag.gif[/img][/url] [quote name="Capone_Sabre"]People in the wilderness will [b]always[/b] insult you no matter what you do. Just ignore it and kill them.[/quote]

Now that you've mentioned it, I've probably made at least 10k from picking up coins. I only pick them up if it looks more like four coins when it's on the ground.

Lol, imagine picking up every single coin from the ground. That would be very greedy of you :D lol, but there are probably people who do.

hey piking of you'r stuff is really good man,i have trained for liek 1 week at leeser demons and in the final I had over 100k on their drops.

wow, that's quite a bit. I did it for around two hours and only got 5k #-o Now I'm at mossies in Varrock sewer. Trying my luck there.

I have:

1,818,481 Attack XP

2,058,570 Strength XP

1,148,443 Defence XP

1,701,991 Hitpoints XP

12,989 for my Attack XP.

8,203 for my Defence XP.

Totalling 48,053.

~135,000 Prayer XP.

~600,000 Gold coins.

~300,000 Prayer XP.

~1,100,000 Gold coins.

Lol, surprisingly Hill Giants have 35hp... :-s (Here's a link if you don't believe me: http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2monster_id=44.)

I would have to say about 75k-100k, somewhere near your idea. It sounds pretty reasonable.

And... 1000th post right here. \:D/

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

12,989 for my Attack XP.

8,203 for my Defence XP.

Totalling 48,053.

You get hitpoints XP as you obtain attack, strength, and defense XP, so your real total XP would be around 35,897. Sorry, you asked for someone to point on an error.

By the way, I've totaled over 10k gp from cave horrors in this one trip (im safespotting, so the trip has lasted about a week)

lalalasig2.png

And... 1000th post right here. \'

r0xx0r u |2 73|-| 1337 p05t3|2!!1!!one1!

Ummm...

Lots. Well, not too much, since I usually do pick up drops. Unless my inventory i full of stuff I can't drop/eat/waste. A few thousand, I'd say. But I started burying bones more, so... yeah. Not as much lost there. :D

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

I pick up all coins that are dropped.

But when training on the pirates in the ice caves, I didn't pick up any bones for around 6 combats lvls.

So I might be one prayer level higher if I picked the bones up

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

12,989 for my Attack XP.

8,203 for my Defence XP.

Totalling 48,053.

You get hitpoints XP as you obtain attack, strength, and defense XP, so your real total XP would be around 35,897. Sorry, you asked for someone to point on an error.

By the way, I've totaled over 10k gp from cave horrors in this one trip (im safespotting, so the trip has lasted about a week)

>_<

Thanks. :)

Since it was low-end anyway, this should just mean that my estimate is less low-end than I originally thought. :P

tifsbti6oi.gif

I've only leave drops if I'm on a mish, otherwise I pick up the coins and bury the bones.

In my noob account I've made about 1k picking up bronze items and selling them to others around lumbridge..

<~[ FLAME_ON!! ]~>

on/off RSplayer since 2000

I think that it couldn't be as much as 100k, but maybe like 5-10k when you travel from lumbridge to falador, from falador to varrock, from varrock to Port sarim and so on in like 3 hours wandering around.

A day it maybe comes to like 3 M gp.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak