Global Warming

jemathonical

I heard a while ago that there is a huge opening in the Earth's atmosphere

It's been there for hundreds of thousands of years, and naturally widens and closes. Naturalists saw it widening and instantly thought it was our fault.

The only real threat humans have posed to the ozone layer was the introduction of CFC molecules in refridgerators that have been banned now world-wide.

Like everyone else says, global warming and cooling is a natural occurance and happens all the time (well, compared to the billions of years of Terra's existence.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im more worried about bird flu, global warming we can adapt to eventually.

..Like the SARS "epidemic"? Who even remembers that now? Seriously, I'm starting to think these things are more and more scams to sell placebo medicine and make hundreds of millions of dollars.

Nothing has been done because we have very little control over it. The earth does this all the time.

Does what exactly? Heat up, or just release a lot of greenhouse gases?

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

I have watched the movie 'The day after tomorrow', I've thought about it and im sure it COULD happen,another ice age :) (and massive natural disasters)

Im looking forward to watch another movie called 'The sinking of Japan' another movie regarding the melting of north and south poles due to Global Warming ..very interesting what might happen tomorrow..or the day after tomorrow

0worker0.png

The Day After Tomorrow is the most rediculous movie I have ever seen. Oh yes! Within a DAY not only will 300 foot tidal waves hit every major urban center, they will FREEZE too!

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Nothing has been done because we have very little control over it. The earth does this all the time.

We can control our greenhouse gases emissions, but then you have to get everybody to do that. Just one person stopping won't help much.

The Earth is naturally prepared for this. It will repair itself. It just might cause some drastic events during the process.

True in a way. It will repair itself, like the time we found the ozone hole above the antartic, but it does so slowly. It will probably takes quite some years to completely repair the hole, and if we destroy the ozone faster than the earth can repair, well we're screwed arn't we?

im more worried about bird flu, global warming we can adapt to eventually.

..Like the SARS "epidemic"? Who even remembers that now? Seriously, I'm starting to think these things are more and more scams to sell placebo medicine and make hundreds of millions of dollars.

True, some people arn't showing concern because of several epidemics that weren't epidemics. They believe this is another stupid scnario.

The Day After Tomorrow is the most rediculous movie I have ever seen. Oh yes! Within a DAY not only will 300 foot tidal waves hit every major urban center, they will FREEZE too!

Is not, I'm sure there are worse movies out there. But according to the time frame it is very inaccurate. Fortunately, things don't happen that fast, first of all the floods involve massive melting of ice at a fast pace even the sun can't do respective from the distance to the earth. Also the "ice", will require quick freezing right after the ice has been melted.

Now look at this realistically. Will the polar ice caps suddenly melt from extreme heat, then freeze again with extremely cold temperatures?

I doubt that will happen over one day, I doubt even a few years.

Lawrencekill, try thousands of years after the flood at 0 degrees Farenheit. Salt water of that immense density would resist flooding for hundreds of years, and to make a solid layer would take thousands.

Untitled.png

Well, we won't be doing anything until it actually actually happens, and by that time it'll be too late. Like my friend said the other day, we always say we're going to learn from our mistakes, that we'll be ready for the next disaster, but we will never learn.

Judging by the replies, half of us don't even care, and don't even give it a second thought. Don't we even care if our children have to suffer through something we've caused? Gosh, we're just becoming more and more selfish and greedy.

zippil6wp.png

Thanks for the sig, Runesmithie :)

RIP Steve Irwin

Guest AshKaYu

Something I've noticed, is that it's the adults who don't care. The children are the ones willing to walk that extra mile so that they can live, but the adults I know, are extremely educated on the subject, but don't care.

Don't get me wrong, I know quite a few teens who are like "Omgz it's three blocks away drive me", but once educated upon the subject, they walk more.

That is what I believe to be the key to the problem, education. Do you know when most kids learn about global warming? Never. Unless they pursue the information themselves, I've yet to meet another kid my age in real life who knew why we shouldn't be driving.

humnas are idiots. we r doing every thing to destroy our selves.

but on the other hand we all ways find a way 2 kicks mother natures [wagon]. 4 example they say we r runining out of (gas). we envent more fuel from vegatables and animal poop. all im sayin us humans allways find a way to survive :)

LOL the only thing that owns humans is aleins :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: im scared!!!!

tanmranger,oddyss3us222.gif

oddyss3us222.gif max hit with d scimm=28 : )

humnas are idiots. we r doing every thing to destroy our selves.

but on the other hand we all ways find a way 2 kicks mother natures [wagon]. 4 example they say we r runining out of (gas). we envent more fuel from vegatables and animal poop. all im sayin us humans allways find a way to survive :)

LOL the only thing that owns humans is aleins :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: im scared!!!!

Shall I translate?

'Humans are idiots. We are doing everything to destroy ourselves. However, on the other hand, we always find a way to kick mother natures [wagon]. For example, they say we are running out of gas, oil. So we are inventing different types of fuel from vegatable oil and (animal poop<--What? Source please.). What I am saying is, us humans always find a way to survive :)

The only thing that would defeat us humans, is aliens. :evil: :evil: :evil: I'm scared!!!!'

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

Global warming is happening right now. We only have 9 years left to fix the damage and America isn't doing squat. The polar ice caps are melt due to a large whole in the ozone layer caused by pollution wich is causing the sun to seap thru the ozone and cause the uce tundra to melt. We WILL all die if this is not fixed.

sig2di2.png

99 Magic achieved in December 2004.

99 Cooking achieved in Novemeber 2003.

743rd to achieve 80 Dungeoneering.

Won over 5.5 Bill staking in partyhats and cash.

RSC product account created in 2002.

Global warming is happening right now. We only have 9 years left to fix the damage and America isn't doing squat. The polar ice caps are melt due to a large whole in the ozone layer caused by pollution wich is causing the sun to seap thru the ozone and cause the uce tundra to melt. We WILL all die if this is not fixed.

What are you smoking?

The hole's been there for thousands of years, and as I said before the only thing we have done to it is introduce CFC molecules which are now banned. In fact, the Ozone Hole has returned to pre-CFC sizes.

Where the heck you get 9 years for billions of tons of ice to melt is completely beyond me.

Ice Tundra? If the Tundra of the Earth melt, it would be GOOD! Millions of square miles of previously inhospitable earth would be opened up for farming on incredibly fertile soil! Heck, if the US, Canada and Russia worked together, we could grow enough wheat to feed the entire world!

Untitled.png

You're making soo many sarcastic comments that its starting to become harder and harder to figure out if you are being serious or not... :-X

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

You're making soo many sarcastic comments that its starting to become harder and harder to figure out if you are being serious or not... :-X

That was 100% serious presented in a whimsical manner.

Yes, there is a hole in the ozone. Been there for a while, started from volcanic gases and cow farts (literally).

Billions of tons of ice can not melt completely in 100 years, much less 9.

Tundra is frozen soil. If you melted it, all would remain is extremely fertile soil.

Better?

Untitled.png

That was 100% serious presented in a whimsical manner.

Yes, there is a hole in the ozone. Been there for a while, started from volcanic gases and cow farts (literally).

Billions of tons of ice can not melt completely in 100 years, much less 9.

Tundra is frozen soil. If you melted it, all would remain is extremely fertile soil.

Better?

I say we buy up all that land, strike a deal with a hair-drier company, melt the ice, and then invest into farming the land!

This will totally work. Who wants to go halfsies?!

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

That kind of heat would take hundreds of years. We would end up losing more money on the electric bills.

Even if the caps melted (in 500,000 years pfft) the human race would not go out. We would have to adapt, but we would survive.

Untitled.png

That kind of heat would take hundreds of years. We would end up losing more money on the electric bills.

Even if the caps melted (in 500,000 years pfft) the human race would not go out. We would have to adapt, but we would survive.

Not if you use solar powered hair dryers :roll: .

:oops: .... anyways.

I'll go halfsies Tigra :)

Pfft, I'm using WATER powered hair dryers! It SOUNDS like an oxy-moron, but...Okay, maybe it is, but it'll work. Trust me.

Please send your $500,000 investment to:

Tiggie the Mad

1293 Nigeria Rd.

Nigeria, Africa 89257

Oh yea, and something about a bank transfer not working because of rebel inslamic terrorists or some king being mad at your family, or somethin'. *Shrug*

Woogie Boogie!

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Pfft, I'm using WATER powered hair dryers! It SOUNDS like an oxy-moron, but...Okay, maybe it is, but it'll work. Trust me.

Please send your $500,000 investment to:

Tiggie the Mad

1293 Nigeria Rd.

Nigeria, Africa 89257

Oh yea, and something about a bank transfer not working because of rebel inslamic terrorists or some king being mad at your family, or somethin'. *Shrug*

Woogie Boogie!

Actually, some governments already do this, though in a different form. They intentionally take out the water from the coastal areas, let it dry for years and eventually it's totally arable land with possibilities of civilised living.

But it would be fun to see your ranch anywhere near the north pole 8-) I'd like to ride the polar bear, thanks. Later on, if you can arrange it so, I'd like to harvest some snowflakes for use in my cereals.

Ice Tundra? If the Tundra of the Earth melt, it would be GOOD! Millions of square miles of previously inhospitable earth would be opened up for farming on incredibly fertile soil! Heck, if the US, Canada and Russia worked together, we could grow enough wheat to feed the entire world!

... could've sworn one of the more interesting things about the Siberian tundra was all the tons and tons of, as you so eloquently put it, "cow farts" frozen into it. That would, in the event of such a massive defreeze, move into the atmosphere. Now wouldn't that be, if you'll pardon the pun, hot?

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

Polar bears are the new horses.

And penguins are chickens, while moose are the new cows? :-s

Im not sure im able to adapt to their taste that quickly... :(

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.