The Fight Caves

muggiwhplar

Use it anyway :P

Jad still has a 2/5 chance of being unable to attack you.

Well I did use it and got lucky I guess, Jad spawned and got trapped and I managed to beat him for the second time <3: .

I lurk, therefore I am.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow nice guide, all was going well for me axcept jad spawned in the centre :evil: however when using the guthans method i reccomend taking 2 cbows or a karils xbow as you will struggle with the 360s near the end and jad

eggzs.png

Man, I'm tired of Jad..... this is the 8th time that I've failed. It always seems I miss one switch and need to heal but when I'm healing he gets one more hit on me and I'm dead. I've got enough for I think 3 more attempts and if any of those don't give me my cape, I'm giving up and moving on to a new goal. It makes me so sad to get all the way to Jad and then have it cut short.

This is my original signature. You can't touch this.

Man, I'm tired of Jad..... this is the 8th time that I've failed. It always seems I miss one switch and need to heal but when I'm healing he gets one more hit on me and I'm dead. I've got enough for I think 3 more attempts and if any of those don't give me my cape, I'm giving up and moving on to a new goal. It makes me so sad to get all the way to Jad and then have it cut short.

I know what ya mean. Next time I try will be my fifth attempt. It just takes soooo long to get through the waves of monsters that when you get to Jad and fail, you feel agitated at the whole process. I keep reminding myself though, once I get that cape it'll all be worth it. :wink:

Well finally tried properly today...

Fights went really well, got to the 360, 360 wave and logged due to dinner. Logged back on had a VERY VERY quick and lucky prayer switch & spawn (They were right ontop of me and couldn't attack yet)

Got to Jad and the perfect spawn, right behind Italy (So I stopped to take some photos :P) So started fighting him had a lucky time, my prayer was off he hit a 0 with his mage O_o. Human reaction to turn mage on however he had to use range :@ Got hit an 82 :o

But thanks to my Sara brew I had a nice 84 Hp ^_^ turned to Range prayer since he just used that hear the mage prayer and oh look a red splat with a 2 in it...Nighty night world x_x

I achieved my goal though, I set out today wanting to find the Jad and fight him, I did that. Though I may have lost I feel I have won since it was my first ever attempt and I got to the boss.

Big thanks to you Mj, for the fury, advice and the insperation.

I yearn for the day when chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

untitled6kv7.gif

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

That's insane luck lol. Hope you make it to Jad next time.

My first attempt will be this week :ohnoes:

Well yeah I thought that the Italy spawn was a rather nice bonus since the update XD

Jad hitting a 0 on me with mage I thought impossible.

And then me still surviving a blast of 82 when I am only 75 hp :P The 2 he hit was kinda a pez take :evil:

Good luck with your first attempt, stay calm on all the waves, you only need use 1 safe spot which is posted on page 33 of this thread as ascii art. Everything in there is easy with prayer , just watch your movements on Jad.

Oh and to those who say it's hard with just 70 range. It's not I wasted my range pots early due to some mistakes, and fought rounds 47-62 with ONLY 70 range. So it's not impossible just takes a lil while longer.

I yearn for the day when chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

untitled6kv7.gif

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

I havent tried in a while :o It's just the money problem that I have. I'm aiming for the perfect outfit (except for 99 cape) Which will cost me around 7 M <.< Every time I get to Jad and I half health him, its when the healers come that I freak.I was handling my prayer switch until healers came. I attacked one, then swithec, then moved then tried to get another but it was out of range and I moved too close to Jad and BOOM! Melee attack K.O's me :evil: :wall: I hope Muggy comes up with a guide with the new update, If not, I'ma have some troubles... :ohnoes:

On the road to 99 Firemaking.

That's insane luck lol. Hope you make it to Jad next time.

My first attempt will be this week :ohnoes:

Well yeah I thought that the Italy spawn was a rather nice bonus since the update XD

Jad hitting a 0 on me with mage I thought impossible.

And then me still surviving a blast of 82 when I am only 75 hp :P The 2 he hit was kinda a pez take :evil:

Good luck with your first attempt, stay calm on all the waves, you only need use 1 safe spot which is posted on page 33 of this thread as ascii art. Everything in there is easy with prayer , just watch your movements on Jad.

Oh and to those who say it's hard with just 70 range. It's not I wasted my range pots early due to some mistakes, and fought rounds 47-62 with ONLY 70 range. So it's not impossible just takes a lil while longer.

Zomgs XD I have almost 77 range now, You'd think it'd take me lesss than 3 hours <.< I need to recharge my 2 bows :o There goes 360k...

Well you would think so, but apparently not.

untitled6kv7.gif

Yea, i got to jad today. I was real proud of myself getting to jad on my first try., i had 7 super restores (4) left, and 4 sara brews. So i was real excited that i was going to do it. Jad spawned in middle, pray switched wrong on the first shot, got hit with 76. ( i have 80 hp). Then he raised his legs up, i turned on mage, but due to some prayer lag issues i have noticed, he ignored the effect and did a 0 lol. Then range, again, i prayed range, showed range was up, he did a 4 on me, and that was that. Im trying again tonight, maby the lag was just temporary.

barrowsmchef,Brock12555.gif

I suggest using low detail version of RS and having only that window up, limit your talking in the caves and try to limit your movements. That's what causes alot of lag.

Wow did better than me, I got to him with 1 Super and 2 Sara's

untitled6kv7.gif

I was, i also posted on the rants forums about it, and other people were experincing the same thing. It wasnt runescape lag, it was just a delay in how prayer protected you. It also happened with the 360s, i had one stuck and i was taking down the 90s, and when i ran out to kill the 360 i turned mage on, it showed it was on, it showed the mage signal over my head, the 360 shot a mage attack, did a 32...

I did have it on low detail, i was in the most empty server, i had everything turned off, even my anti virus.

I also have a suggestion to muggies guide, i know this is what i used a couple times. If you are ever really low on hp, find a safe spot, turn 2x hp restore, bring up a stat window, and go read a book or watch a video or something. It takes a wile, but it really helps you not use a sara brew. Just make sure you dont log.

barrowsmchef,Brock12555.gif

Muggi does acctually mention this.

untitled6kv7.gif

I was, i also posted on the rants forums about it, and other people were experincing the same thing. It wasnt runescape lag, it was just a delay in how prayer protected you. It also happened with the 360s, i had one stuck and i was taking down the 90s, and when i ran out to kill the 360 i turned mage on, it showed it was on, it showed the mage signal over my head, the 360 shot a mage attack, did a 32...

I did have it on low detail, i was in the most empty server, i had everything turned off, even my anti virus.

I also have a suggestion to muggies guide, i know this is what i used a couple times. If you are ever really low on hp, find a safe spot, turn 2x hp restore, bring up a stat window, and go read a book or watch a video or something. It takes a wile, but it really helps you not use a sara brew. Just make sure you dont log.

If you open up a stat window your stats won't restore (unless they do after that update they made). And you don't need to copy and paste your "sig" into every message haha

77yLQy8.png

If you open up a stat window your stats won't restore (unless they do after that update they made). And you don't need to copy and paste your "sig" into every message haha

Yea...your stats do restore, why would i say they do if they didnt? and they only reason i made a account was to post on this topic, and my "sig" i just throw in there so you can see my stats if you ever need two.

Patience is a virtue you know, I'm sure Muggi is already updating things.

However I can tell you a very condence guide.

Use the skeleton safe spot in the south west corner (where the wall dips in a little) that will protect you from every spawn except the south west corner.

Keep using that and if a 180 spawns there then run to the north side of your safe spot, across to italy and then diagonally back down to the skeleton spot to safley range it once again.

This method does work and keep doing that until 360, 360 wave, then go to italy and try to lure the 360s towards you. Once killed pot up you will have a 2/5 chance of the Jad spawning behind italy, oh and he seems to have sped up on his spawn and/or movement, so pray first then pot.

Hope that helps all of you slightly more, My equipment was:

Veracs Helm

Karils Leathertop

Veracs Skirt

Black D' Hide Vambs

Ranger Boots

Archer Ring

Rune C'Bow

Unholy Book

Ava's Accumlator

3k Mith Bolts (I had 2200 left)

18 Supers (19 next attempt for me)

7 Sara Brews (6 next attempt for me)

3 Range Pots

And I did the waves 47-63 (Not including wave 63, since I died :( Stupid prayers) with only 70 range no pots.

untitled6kv7.gif

haha no barrows gloves :P

I think I'll bring 4 range potions, since it's obviously possible to run out, and prayer doesn't sound like it'll be an issue for me.

When using the new luring spot, you just go as far back as you can and still possibly attack the monster? And that way only 1 hits you at a time? (unless they spawn in the SE corner).

I would only advise going as far back as possible when luring a range/maging monster closer [The closest monster will still attack you if it mages/ranges but I doubt you can reach as far as they can with a c'bow on rapid] (Stay at the end of the skeleton that way giving you a fall back for when 22s & smaller 45s come after you) Also the same amount of moves south of the safe spot still applies except move 1 space south and a 45 WILL get past and attack you.

P.S One more word about my not owning a pair of Barrows gloves and I will give you bad advice :wink: :XD:

untitled6kv7.gif

haha no barrows gloves :P

I think I'll bring 4 range potions, since it's obviously possible to run out, and prayer doesn't sound like it'll be an issue for me.

When using the new luring spot, you just go as far back as you can and still possibly attack the monster? And that way only 1 hits you at a time? (unless they spawn in the SE corner).

Bring 3, it's impossible to run out

77yLQy8.png

Muggi, no offence but trust me I ran out! lol Then agen that was due to the Sara Brews and me wasting the pots on the easier waves first...Human error ah well ya live and learn lol. Hopefully I will complete it next sat :P

untitled6kv7.gif

Muggi, no offence but trust me I ran out! lol Then agen that was due to the Sara Brews and me wasting the pots on the easier waves first...Human error ah well ya live and learn lol. Hopefully I will complete it next sat :P

I know :P I'm raising money for veracs and archer ring and boots. Soo much money :XD:

I know :P I'm raising money for veracs and archer ring and boots. Soo much money :XD:

Lol I found my Ranger Boots (Well looted off some dead guy :P) But the rest was just selling items in my bank...Although I am borrowing my frinds Fury <3: On the other hand I'm letting him borrow my Ranger Boots for his next try so it all works out.

As for the QP darn you I want them barrows gloves and to finish RFD!

untitled6kv7.gif