Better Picture hosting.

Vashinred

Why Imageshack???

After seeing so many Imageshack's and MEGA upload crap, Ive gotten to where I don't even click the link. I ask myself, why wont people host it on say free webs or...Google?

Yes, as some of you may know, Google will let you store your pictures, files, Pages, and folders on a little item called Googlepages.

googlepages

Or for a low down,

Wikipedia

Its a free sign up provided you have a Gmail account.

Now, this is much faster, safer (Its Google) and no more gal-darn ads. It shows you the file and thats it. And on Imageshack, sometimes The picture is so small I cant see the persons new Achievement or bank picture, or anything! so without downloading the picture itself, why not just more people use Googlepages? Its so easy, Whats that? How easy, I thought you would ask that so I spent five or forty minutes on this.

Startin' up

Go to This.

Once there, you should see the following, which happens to be Hosted on my own Googlepages.

Home Page

Sorry, its big, but its free, add free, and you can zoom! AMAZING!!!11

Next, create you account. This i decided not to walk through since...Its so easy anyways. Assuming you created your account, (remember, you need a Gmail account!) log in and look at this.

Logged in!

You in?!

There, you got it! That will do pig, that will do.

Now yours wont have all that stuff like i do, since you a newbie! But you should see a Upload file bar on the right, and this is your main tool.

The bar!

Its circles, and notice how much Space I am using, 17%.

Upload!

Now lets Upload some thing, how about This picture.

Now push the Upload link, and you should see this;bar.jpg

Click browse and look for your file in the Many folders of your computer;

upload.jpg

Find it and upload it, find it again, and its there! Copy and paste the Url into say, some tag on some forum on something named tip it; and your good to go. Note: you may need to refresh as sometimes Google says it has a 404 thing, but its on the server.

In review, Googlepages has a few-actually one con.

•  

You cannot have more than 100 files uploaded at one time.

I found this out the hard way, so I did some cleaning. anyways, 100 files would be kinda hard to reach, if reached, just make ANOTHER account.

Some Pros though!

• with 100 picture

you will never be able to fill all the 100mb that Google gives you.

• Its Google!

Nothing wrong with that.

• No damn adds

I know everyone hate these.

• You can zoom!

In Imageshack, it wont let me zoom to say, see that Awesome gp in some guys bank. Now if that guy had used Googlepages...

This concludes my guide on using Googlepages. Hope you like it, I had some fun writin; it and taking the pictures. Back to farming.

Note: Wondering why I linked to the pictures instead of letting them take the entire screen up? No your not. I just told you, Sucka. /note.

Good idea but I'm already set with imageshack.

I've got a firefox extension that makes uploading with imageshack easier, and already a Image-Zoom extension.

Too much trouble for me to go through and change to google now.

I may use it for signatures though ::'

icecube7.jpeg

Icecube - what's the name of that extension?

Google only needs you, no Add ons (though i do love Them).

Its more generalized.

Erm, you can upload to imageshack at least as easily as you can through google without the add on, the add on just makes things even easier.

You list it being Google as a pro. Why? :P

Apart from a zoom function, which i have to say i've never felt a need for in the entire time i've been uploading pictures, i see no improvement on this over photobucket or imageshack (depending on your needs), and the cons of having to have a gmail account, and a limit on files, means i won't be changing from them.

Thanks for the info anyway, I'm sure it will be useful to some people.

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

One word of caution from Wikipedia,

the naming structure of the Google Pages domain has been criticized for effectively giving away the page owner's email address and hence putting them at the mercy of spammers. The upside of this is that it battle tests the spam filter of the Gmail, which adapts to spam locally and then globally over time using an unknown system.
mcguff1.png

It was so much worse when everyone used Photobucket. Ugh, photobucket is horrible.

I should say that there are LOADS of hosting sites. I have to dig them up again, darn it.

Nice guide, never heard of google pages before oddly.

Google really is taking over the internets. Even Bush uses "The Google" XD (yeah, he actually called it "The Google")

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

One word of caution from Wikipedia,

the naming structure of the Google Pages domain has been criticized for effectively giving away the page owner's email address and hence putting them at the mercy of spammers. The upside of this is that it battle tests the spam filter of the Gmail, which adapts to spam locally and then globally over time using an unknown system.

You have a good point, my gmail is already being battered with unknown spam. I may just make a second email for more personal matters, and use my primary for games and forums.

icecube7.jpeg

strange? is this upload site for people in America and places like that. but not in united kingdom? doesn't make sense

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

^^^^read backwards^^^^

anish00b.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=757562&p=6009903

^^^^The Best Melee Training Spot In The Game^^^^

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=786213

^^^^The new Bandits^^^^

even i have the misfile craze!!!